INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When fix Playing now bug?  (Read 2242 times)

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
When fix Playing now bug?
« on: September 15, 2003, 05:19:11 pm »

I hope that this bug that i have related before will fixed soon. When you double-click on a file, it dont replace the titles on the Playing Now window but just add the file after theses songs... I remember you that this bug is in the 9.1 beta since many builds...

Thanks...
French peoples, visit my portal :
Francophones, visitez mon portail:
www.kingdodo.com

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: When fix Playing now bug?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 05:48:09 pm »

I hope that this bug that i have related before will fixed soon. When you double-click on a file, it dont replace the titles on the Playing Now window but just add the file after theses songs.

In MC toosl/options/general, you can change the behavior of double click.  Would that work for you?

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 05:55:22 pm »

Like i said before, the options, general, are :

Playing Now : Always
Double-clicl : Replace playing now (all)

i have tried too Replace playing now (one) not work !

Like i said on another post, if i drag and drop the file on the player, it replace all files in the Playing Now Window. If i double-clic on a file, it add it on the Playing Now.
www.kingdodo.com

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 10:01:56 pm »

I hope that this bug that i have related before will fixed soon. When you double-click on a file, it dont replace the titles on the Playing Now window but just add the file after theses songs... I remember you that this bug is in the 9.1 beta since many builds...

Thanks...

Are you double clicking the file from windows explorer or within MC?

If in MC do you have Media Library selected in the tree?

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 10:49:50 pm »

Im double-clicking on a file in windows explorer, from a folder.

I have tested the Library on MC. When i double-click on a file, it load all files from the same folder. Thats ok, it replace all current playing now titles by the new files from the folder that i have selected...
www.kingdodo.com

Marko

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2003, 10:59:33 pm »

Im double-clicking on a file in windows explorer, from a folder.

I have tested the Library on MC. When i double-click on a file, it load all files from the same folder. Thats ok, it replace all current playing now titles by the new files from the folder that i have selected...

I would urge you to create and use a library.
Honestly, you'll never look back. You're missing out on too much.

jleerigby

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2003, 11:09:05 pm »

KingDodo - This is not a bug.  The setting in Tools>Options>Playback relates to how MC behaves when you double click within MC (not Windows Explorer).

Like Marko said - use MC the way it was intended.  It is the most powerful tool available for managing a library of media.  There is little point having all this great functionality available to you and then using Windows Explorer to navigate through your media.

Use the Import function to import all your media from your hard drive into MC's library.  Then play around with the views available under Media Library (Artist/Album etc). You can set up your own Custom views by right clicking on Media Library in the tree.  Then you can add Panes to allow you to filter those views.  

This is all covered in the help files but if you need any more help just post back here.

dragyn

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2003, 02:39:48 am »

He's talking about how it was before the "big change", after 226.

Right now, Play and "Add to Playing Now" do the same thing. They both add to playing now.

This was a big problem for me cause it did it on playlists too. They did solve my problem by adding /PlayReplace to mjextman but it makes using explorer seems different as it always adds.

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2003, 06:52:39 am »

Thats right, and what you do when your friend give you a song (that he have created himself hehe) just to know if you like it... You add all theses "temporary" songs in the library? I use too the library on MC but i like too use the window explorer... if you download some funny videos on internet and want to watch it but delete it after this, you must add too on the library too view it?

No, very, i think this feature that is there before must be there too in the new version of MC. When i used Winamp, i haved never used any library, when i added a file to playlist with double-click, the song replaced all songs on the playlist... MC must do the same thing with the Playing Now !
www.kingdodo.com

jleerigby

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2003, 08:36:55 am »

When i used Winamp, i haved never used any library, when i added a file to playlist with double-click, the song replaced all songs on the playlist... MC must do the same thing with the Playing Now !

I'm sure MC will allow you to replace playing now once the bug is fixed.  It's just that your original post was not very clear as to what the bug was.  

Like I said don't bother changing the Playback option in MC and expect it to affect files you double click in explorer.  What you need to do in Windows Explorer is Right click> Media Centre> Play.  And for that to do what you expect you DO need a bug fix.  As the bug is easy to reproduce I'm sure it will be fixed in one of the next builds.

Glad we got there in the end.

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2003, 09:18:17 am »

Mmmm i have tried too what you said, right click on the file, and click on Media Center > Play ... It do the same thing, it play the file but just add it to the Playing Now and dont replace all titles... Just under Play on this menu you have add to playing Now. So, we see the bug here, theses to items on the menu do the same thing. Play should play the file on Playing Now by replacing all existing titles, and Add to Playing Now should play the file by adding it to the Playing Now window...

And the double-click on the Windows Explorer should work like the Play function. I hope they will fix this soon this is the only thing that i dont like on MC for this version....
www.kingdodo.com

jleerigby

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2003, 01:05:13 pm »

And the double-click on the Windows Explorer should work like the Play function.

That's your opinion.  There will be others, me included, that would not want my carefully filled list in Playing Now to be wiped out by double clicking a file in Windows Explorer.  There's no point in debating this yet as it's not going to change in this release.

If you want to replace the contents of playing now using Windows Explorer you'll be able to do this via right click> Media Centre> Play  WHEN they fix the current bug that means it just adds to playing now.

Nuff said.

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2003, 01:52:29 pm »

For the double-click, why not just add an option to let you choose if you want that it replace all titles or just add the file after others?

I think it could be the best solution for all users...
www.kingdodo.com

jleerigby

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2003, 01:55:30 pm »

There's no point in debating this yet as it's not going to change in this release.
Pages: [1]   Go Up