INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade to 21 - Missing TV Adapter?  (Read 1268 times)

Justavian

• Recent member
Upgrade to 21 - Missing TV Adapter?
« on: August 13, 2015, 11:46:08 am »

I've been having problems with MC20 with the EPG for an antenna setup in CO, USA.  For whatever reason, it was only downloading 2 channels of guide info, and it didn't even appear to be right.  I tried about 10 different providers for both the ATSC and mc2xml without any luck (yes, i tried the Terrestrial whatever - in addition to cable providers and dish network).

That being said, at least i could go through channels manually in MC20.

I upgraded to MC 21, and now it's not seeing my adapter at all.  I have the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-850.  I'm going through the Television setup wizard, which i went through a dozen times in MC20 with the same device (in an attempt to get the guide working, i cleared all of the settings in MC20 and started over many many times).

Now it's telling me "If the list of devices is empty, you do not have any device that can be used for ATSC, and you should try configuring a different tuner type."

Any ideas?  I installed the latest drivers for the WinTV, and i'm on windows 8.1.  20 minutes ago, the device was seen by MC20, and now it's gone in MC21.  What should i do to resolve this?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Upgrade to 21 - Missing TV Adapter?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 11:55:51 am »

When you go to into the Television setup (third step, right after selecting your Service type (i.e. antenna, digital cable, etc.)) the screen shows "Selected Devices". This is where your tuner card or cable card is (should be) listed.

If it is not listed, I would close MC program, go to Windows Device manager and see if it is showing there (you may need to uninstall and reinstall in device manager) then go back to JRiver and see if it shows. When it does show, be sure to check the little box next to it before going to the next step (scanning for channels). If it still doesn't show post back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up