INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to burn a CD with JRiver Media Center 20.0.126  (Read 6194 times)

helmi1

How to burn a CD with JRiver Media Center 20.0.126
« on: August 13, 2015, 02:06:14 pm »

I have a new MacBookPro. And i read in our magazine Hifi Digital, that JRiver is the best Audio-Center-Software. So I have downloaded the newest version for Mac a few days ago. I tested step by step. And I want to mention, that JRiver is the most complicate Software I had ever. It is very hard to find something. Before I had Music Match, an US software, which was bought by a surchmachine software company. Than I bought Magix, was very good, but only for Windows. And iTunes, is o.k. but not as much functions, I need. So what I have seen on JRiver is, a mighty program but you have to go very deep to find something.
Now in the meantime I was lucky after a lot of trying, to install all my music files (complicate!), to ripp the first CD (easy, but Magix was showing the new files on the end or beginning of my whole list, here I have to search, where they are?, and I created the first play lists (o.k. every software company works with its own text files, so I have to create them all new. But it is easy to do.
Problem: Now I want to burn a CD. But I cannot find the symbol in my active window. To click with right mouse click, doesn´t open any window. So no information found about burning a CD also not in Wicky. They mention something, there should bee. In the forum they are discussion in older chats (from last year) it is missed, but coming soon. How is it now today? And what can I do? Where can I find it? The new MacBookPro has an external CD/DVD-Burner, and I burned already a data-CD on it, but no Audio. No Symbol, no reaction, no information etc. For me it is essential and crucial to have a CD-burning function. If not, I cannot buy the software, what I´m testing now. Please help me, what I can do. Shall I download an older version? Software is Yosemite from Mac Apple. helmut

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to burn a CD with JRiver Media Center 20.0.126
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 08:46:50 pm »

I'm relatively sure that the Mac version of JRiver doesn't support CD Burning yet.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97554.0

There are other Mac programs that can burn an audio CD of course.  Since JRiver doesn't do it it's probably ok for me to mention a product I've used.  It's called Max; it's free.  It's not super duper friendly, but it's not too hard to figure out.

As for the rest of JRiver, your observations about it being "complicated" are pretty accurate.  JRiver is like a high performance automobile.  You can't just sit down at JRiver and "drive".  You've got to be trained a little.  Once you get the hang of it though... it's really pretty easy and BOY does it ever perform!

If you have other questions, start new threads about them and we'll try to help you.  Enjoy JRiver.  :)

Brian.

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
Re: How to burn a CD with JRiver Media Center windows 21.0.23
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 09:15:57 pm »

Trying to burn CDs from my hard drive (windows 7, MC 21.0.23).  Music on the hard drive is mostly FLAC, some mp3.
  Wiki instructions seem obsolete because they refer to buttons that don't seem to exist.

Just how do I burn from flac to standard CD files?
thanks
rhk

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to burn a CD with JRiver Media Center 20.0.126
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 09:32:12 pm »

See my post from above.  MC for Mac does not yet support CD burning.  In today's digital world, there are less and less reasons to burn an audio CD.  I'm not sure if JRiver is working on this or not.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up