INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Weird bug  (Read 919 times)

enazarko

• Recent member
JRemote Weird bug
« on: August 15, 2015, 03:09:22 pm »

When I downloaded the HDTracks album "Interplay" - the Kenny Barron and Mark Sherman album from Chesky Records - I discovered that, in JRemote, it showed up mixed in with the album "Interplay" from Bill Evans.  Both of them showed under the album art from the Barron/Sherman album, but the tracks listed showed all the Bill Evans tracks followed by the Barron/Sherman tracks.  I didn't realize this initially - I clicked on the Interplay album cover image and said "play" and was surprised to get Bill Evans... and then when I looked, I found this.

When I went to JRiver to see if the tracks had gotten mixed up there, they had not.  The albums are in very different directories that only come together four levels up at the main music directory level.

I tried several things to fix it - closing JRemote and restarting it, even uninstalling it and reinstalling it.  Finally I went in and changed the album titles to be "Interplay Barron/Sherman" and "Interplay Bill Evans" and that fixed things.  (Once I uninstalled and reinstalled again, probably clearing some cache.)

These are the only two albums I've got that have identical titles... but I suspect I'll see this again if there are two different albums with the same title.
Pages: [1]   Go Up