INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Sound with Colossus 1, Even After Video Crossbar  (Read 3110 times)

ddaggett1

• Recent member
No Sound with Colossus 1, Even After Video Crossbar
« on: August 16, 2015, 10:20:58 pm »

Howdy. I've been using JRiver Media Center for several years now, but, until very recently, I was still using Windows Media Center to record movies, which I played back in JRiver. Now that Windows 10 is out, and Microsoft has fully stopped all support for Windows Media Center, I'm trying to move fully to JRiver to record, but I'm running into some problems. I've installed Windows 10 on the computer, along with Hauppauge WinTV 8, and the Colossus works fine in WinTV, both recording and playing back audio and video. When I try to configure JRiver, however, I'm getting video but no audio. The video is component video, coming out of my Disk STB into the Colossus card, and the audio is SPDIF. I've tried to use Video Crossbar and remap the audio out to SPDIF, but I'm still not hearing any sound. The record/playback works fine in WinTV, so it has to be something in the way I'm configuring JRiver. Any suggestions? Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No Sound with Colossus 1, Even After Video Crossbar
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 01:09:29 am »

There are other users with that equipment here.  Please try a search and try posting in one of the other threads.

Our TV developer, Yaobing, is on vacation until next week.

ddaggett1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 01:23:18 pm »

Thanks, Jim. I reviewed the other posts related to Colossus and SPDIF, but I'm not finding anything directly relevant. I can wait until Yaobing returns - I can still record in WinTV. Thanks!

ddaggett1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 01:36:36 pm »

Yaobing, are you back from vacation? Just checking on the above. Any thoughts? Thanks! :D

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 02:12:04 pm »

What is a "Disk STB"?  Sorry - it's just not registering in my brain. Some kind of Satellite tuner?

Which Colossus do you have, the older "model 1" or the newer "2"?

When I was recording from my FireTV device to the Colossus I had to put a "HDCP striper" in the chain to get it to work. I used the ViewHD but Genfen works too. Although you are getting a picture, so this may not be related to your problem.

Are you using the latest Colossus driver "1_8_31093_0.exe"?

Is the output of your Disk STB set to 1080i or lower?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 02:44:51 pm »

Did you set up your channels as STB channels?  During setup there is a step in which you select an audio input.  I assume you did it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

ddaggett1

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 03:25:01 pm »

Apologies - fat fingers - it is a "Dish STB" (Set Top Box), not a "Disk STB". Apologies for any confusion. I'm fairly certain that I set the audio input during setup, but - for avoidance of any doubt - I'll blow out the setup later today and try it from scratch. And, yes, I have the most current driver. I don't think the HDMI is the issue, as I'm connecting over component video, to the old Colossus 1 card, 1080i. Thanks to you both, and I will respond again later today!

ddaggett1

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 04:31:24 am »

Yaobing, apologies. I completely reset and it appears to be working. I will do some further testing and revert if I have any issues. Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 07:29:31 am »

Glad you have it sorted out.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up