INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver and MP4 file association  (Read 2765 times)

prochk

• Recent member
JRiver and MP4 file association
« on: August 18, 2015, 05:01:47 pm »

I try and uncheck the file association box beside MP4 and save same.  It does not appear to take as every time I go back in it is back to "yes".  Sometimes when I make the changes it asks me for an admin password sometimes it doesn't - in all cases it never sticks.  This is under video - all other changes I make seem to work

help please

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: JRiver and MP4 file association
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 07:00:57 pm »

what are you trying to do? what version of windows? most times its best to right click the file choose open with to make changes to file associations
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

prochk

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 07:32:09 pm »

Using windows 7 - I realize the ability to use the open with option when right clicking but I had rather not do this each and every time I want to override jriver.  When I was having issues with JR and my camera software I just went in to JRiver and unclicked the file association, saved it and voila no ,more issues.  It just seems I have the problem with just the MP4 format as I unchecked all the other video formats and they stayed unassociated no problem.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 10:52:21 pm »

Ok...sorry I have nothing else to offer. I'm sure someone will chirp in with just what you need...Good Luck
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 01:09:51 am »

Try setting the playback option for the file type to automatic.

Try setting it in another program or at the OS level.
Pages: [1]   Go Up