INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnails won't import and going through file manager starts MC again..  (Read 2192 times)

AlexS

• World Citizen

On the windows MC install the thumbnails work fine. Each album folder contain flac files has it's own folder.jpg file works as advertised.
I think the cover art is tagged as well.

With the Linux install (MC 21.0.4), I've been forced to create a new library, rather than restore from the windows one (see my other threads)
So I'm pointing to the same file stores with the new library, and the library has been created successfully, playback works, however thumbnails aren't displaying at all  (or building it seems).

What I have set up:

Under auto import I have "build thumbnails" selected. I've rescanned.
Under Tools->Options->File Locations->Cover Art it is set for Audio mode: In the same folder as the file (as folder.jpg).
I've also restarted JRiver.

Am I missing anything?

Another thing, when I double click a FLAC in file manager it runs separate instance of JRiver gets loaded, is there any way of getting it to do multi document aware?

Thanks!

AlexS

• World Citizen

Bumping many thanks...

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

Bumping many thanks...
Not currently. The Windows version runs a stub for desktop integration which isn't implemented in linux at this time.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

Under auto import I have "build thumbnails" selected. I've rescanned.
Under Tools->Options->File Locations->Cover Art it is set for Audio mode: In the same folder as the file (as folder.jpg).

It sounds like you've done it right, but I'm not 100% sure, as I store all of my cover art inside the files.  From what I can gather, these two things *might* help you:

1.  Under Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Configure auto import > Tasks > Get Cover art .  Switching this to ON might grab your cover art of folder.jpg from the directory with the songs.  If that's not ON, I don't think MC looks for cover art anywhere except in the file.  But I'm not sure.
2.  Tools > Cover Art > Quick Find in File / Cover Art directory .  If you select some files and run this, it looks to me like it's going to look in the file tag *and* in the directory you have configured for cover art.  Since you have it set to "same as audio file", I think it will pick up your folder.jpg.

If #2 works on a few files, I'm pretty sure you can run it on the whole library (maybe try a hundred or so first?) and pick up all of the cover art.

You also might consider the option to write the art into the files themselves. That way the art is really tied to the songs both for JRiver, future migrations to other JRiver platforms, and/or other players.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up