INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something odd with ogg  (Read 879 times)

wonmug

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Don't worry, I'm always like this!
Something odd with ogg
« on: September 14, 2003, 08:33:01 pm »

Attempting to do a batch update of file information for a bunch of ogg vorbis files is an exercise in extreme frustration. In the latest episode, I selected 79 Coltrane pieces and typed in a new genre description. I then went for lunch. When I got back, MC was still working at it. It took close to an hour in all to save the changes. Then I set a 3 Rating for those files, and this time it took another 20 minutes or so.

This is not a particular problem when I do the same thing with a tagger program like eMusic. Why is MC so slow with ogg?
From the desk of: wonmug

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
Re: Something odd with ogg
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 10:12:31 pm »

Actually this triggered a memory. I don't often use ogg, however last time I tried (using 9.0) mass tagging would randomly leave one or two of the files with a XXX.tmp (or something similarly named) file around and a zero length properly named file. If I renamed the .tmp file, then I got my file back.  Obviously something in the process failed but didn't recover properly.

I haven't tried this recently, so I'm not sure whether it would have been fixed or not. Does anyone else have this problem or a fix?

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Something odd with ogg
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 08:41:32 am »

I get that with wma files.

I'll change comments to Nomad and it takes about 5 seconds for each file...
-
Pages: [1]   Go Up