INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote playing movie on pc  (Read 4890 times)

Point zero

• Recent member
JRemote playing movie on pc
« on: August 22, 2015, 10:16:01 am »

I have just purchased JRiver on my pc which is running on windows 8.

I can control the scroll menu options on JRiver on my PC via my iPhone (remote) but was wondering if I can play a movie from my phone onto my PC using my iPhone?

I see all the movies on my iPhone as it appears on JRiver but when I press play it only plays on my phone is there a way to play that movie to the screen of my pic?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote playing movie on pc
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 11:11:00 am »

Please read the Media Network topic on our wiki. 

I assume you're using JRemote.  In that case, you need to choose the playback location.  It will probably be called "There" or "Player".

Point zero

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 02:42:13 pm »

Thanks for your reply.

Could you give me a link please.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 02:43:18 pm »

wiki.jriver.com then search or just search from Google.

Point zero

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 02:45:44 pm »

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I will do and report back, thanks again.

Point zero

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 03:27:22 pm »

Had I read through the wiki explaining the media network and selecting "there" under "playing now" on my pc.

All I need to do is, if possible, Tap or click an icon/button on my phone  to select the display on which a movie will play on my PC or any where else in the house where I have JRiver installed ie: living room, Bedroom, Lounge, Cinema Room..etc.

Sorry if I am not explaining myself properly I have just got this user interface a few days ago. And would like to use it as my main one if its possible to do what I want to do.

This function is very easily done with plex but would like to move over to JRiver.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 04:54:37 pm »

Currently, what you're looking for isn't possible: you can't send media from your phone to a JRiver server using a remote like JRemote.
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

Point zero

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 05:35:22 pm »

Ah ok..

But I saw a video on YouTube where a gentleman had the JRiver app on a iPad, he then selected a video from he's movies folder within the app and then selected a movie and it would play in his theatre.

Please scroll and watch from around 9:00

http://youtu.be/n6YYsYX41e4

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 04:05:39 am »

On your Theater do you have MC running with Media Network enabled? If so, clicking the Playback location on your phone in JRemote should give you the possibility to select MC on your Theater as a Playback location.

When that is done playing any video you can see in JRemote should play on your Theater instead of on the phone?

Isn't that what you want?

Note, you can not use this method for a video file stored locally on your phones. It has to be present on the MC server you connect JRemote to.

Point zero

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 06:23:27 am »

Yes Thank you, that's exactly what I want to do.

I have MC always running on my PC, media network enabled also all the DLNA options checked to, I have also connected to my PC via an access key provided which allows me to navigate MC via my phone perfectly but cannot play a movie on it.

I only have one PC which will be connected to my Theatre room but not until it's properly configured.

Please could you tell me is the playback location option just simply selecting a movie on my phone within the JRiver app, if so when I select a movie it has no options come up and simply plays on my phone.

Help please..

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 07:18:01 am »

In the bottom left of your JRemote app is a button (second button from the bottom). If the movie plays on your phone when you select the movie, the button should right now say "This Device".

Press this button before you try to start the movie. This will give you a menu. You need to select the zone where you want to play the movie. In my JRemote that is called "Player".

When you have selected "Player" and you can see that selection in the bottom left corner, the movie should now play where you want when you start the movie in JRemote.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 11:51:44 am »

I just noticed, there is a little different layout on JRemote for a phone compared to an iPad. On a phone you swipe in from the left until you see the different media catagories on the left and the settings button on the top. When you are there, the button where you select what zone to play to will be at the bottom left.

Point zero

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 12:14:21 pm »

Yes I have tried that before many times.

But all I get when I select the bottom left button under The media categories is:

"ZONES"
Current Zone:

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 12:59:25 pm »

Hmm, that one I can't explain.

You say you are connected to you server and that you can play a movie on your phone? At least "Player" should be present as a zone.

You might want to check your setting on MC. Options/Media Network. I have more or less everything enabled. Authentication, all three DLNA options. Under Client options is a feature called "Show playback zones from the server on the client". The last one sounds like something that would do what you are seeing (or not seeing).

Also if you have a firewall on the PC you connect to, check that is not blocking MC in any way.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 01:22:22 pm »

But I saw a video on YouTube where a gentleman had the JRiver app on a iPad, he then selected a video from he's movies folder within the app and then selected a movie and it would play in his theatre.

That list of movies came from videos that are imported in JRiver Media Center, not videos that are on his device.
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

Point zero

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 01:32:31 pm »

That list of movies came from videos that are imported in JRiver Media Center, not videos that are on his device.

Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to do, I also have the list on my phone imported by JRiver which I'm trying to play on my PC/theatre via my phone.

Thanks for your help, I must have not explained myself clear enough sorry.

Point zero

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 01:33:08 pm »

Hmm, that one I can't explain.

You say you are connected to you server and that you can play a movie on your phone? At least "Player" should be present as a zone.

You might want to check your setting on MC. Options/Media Network. I have more or less everything enabled. Authentication, all three DLNA options. Under Client options is a feature called "Show playback zones from the server on the client". The last one sounds like something that would do what you are seeing (or not seeing).

Also if you have a firewall on the PC you connect to, check that is not blocking MC in any way.

I'll check again and report back thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up