INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Surface Pro 3  (Read 2813 times)

Jumbosausage

• Recent member
Surface Pro 3
« on: August 24, 2015, 06:32:57 am »

Hi Guys

Currently using my Andriod with jremote but I'm planning on getting a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 soon and would like to use this instead. Am I correct in saying JRemote won't work on the Surface Pro? I've had a look at the WebGizmo browser remote control but it's nowhere near as nice as jremote on the phone.

Thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Surface Pro 3
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 06:50:19 am »

Why don't you just run a full MC client on the Surface Pro 3?

There are some plans to provide a remote on Windows 10, at some time.

Also, I think nMedium, which is a Windows Phone remote, announced recently that they would be developing a Windows 10 version of their software.

Yep, here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87522.msg689024#msg689024
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Jumbosausage

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 12:37:10 pm »

I've got the media Server installed on a Hyper-V VM up in the office whilst in the living room I have an NUC running as the Renderer. I plan on adding another room soon and would like to control everything from the Surface Pro. I could get a wireless mouse and Keyboard and connect the NUC to the TV in the living room i Suppose but I'd rather not have to have the TV on.

I could get another tablet but I like the idea of doing away with my desktop PC upstairs and using the Surface Pro along with the docking station. I also really like the idea of using it to serve as desktop, laptop and tablet.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 01:06:14 pm »

Please read the wiki topic on Tremote.

Jumbosausage

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 02:24:53 pm »

Great, this looks like what I'm after, thank you.  :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 06:23:54 pm »

Sorry, I should have said; "Why don't you just run a full MC client on the Surface Pro 3 and use it to control the server and HTPC client, just like a remote control?"

Which is what Tremote is. I always forget to use that name.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up