INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just changed NAS...  (Read 3187 times)

Chopsrr

• Recent member
Just changed NAS...
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:42:00 am »

I just upgraded my NAS, backing up all of my music files over to a new Synology DS215J. Everything went fine EXCEPT that I can not remember how to direct JRiver over to the new NAS. For some reason, something to simply (I obviously did it once before) it totally stumping me.

Would someone be as so kind to put me in the right direction please?

Also, on a separate note, I'm still running MC19. I now stream through either a Marantz NA6005 or Oppo BDP-105D directly or go through JRiver from the laptop to either unit (renderer?) Is there any reason to upgrade to MC20-21? My entire library is FLAC, and I'm probably going to start acquiring some DSD files as well.

Many thanks in advance!

Chopsrr

• Recent member
Re: Just changed NAS...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 07:34:48 pm »

So... 28 views and nothing?!...  :-\

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 01:06:09 am »

It isn't clear what you're asking.  Do you want to import the files again?  Set up auto-import options under Tools.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 06:21:32 am »

if you if you want to just to reimport, simple as Jim said

if you want to retain your existing library as is though I'd use the Rename/Move Copy tool, then choose the Update database and point to new location (no rename) which is one of the choices in the drop downbox.  That is if you have already moved all your files -- this is pretty simple if you kept the same (I hope) directory structure  - make sure your serverPC sees the Nas and the filepaths first through windows of course. If you have not moved the files yet there is another similar option. If you have messed with the filepaths of the files, thats a bit trickier - but if its consistent you can use the Rename tool with a couple extra tweaks

Afterwards, you still will have to change your import options (autoimport).

There are other methods, but I like this one :) Whatever, make sure you backup the library file before you do anything like this

Chopsrr

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 10:20:22 am »

It isn't clear what you're asking.  Do you want to import the files again?  Set up auto-import options under Tools.

I have an old NAS and a new NAS. I transferred all of my music over from the old NAS to the new one. I now want to have JRiver pull from the new NAS as the old one will be removed from the network.

I did the import, but now each album shows up with every track doubled. And according to MC19, instead of having the original 6000+ files, I now have over 12000+ files.

I think I'm going to have to just dump everything in JRiver and reload the new NAS.

Chopsrr

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 10:46:58 am »

I think I'm going to have to just dump everything in JRiver and reload the new NAS.

This worked perfectly and only took a few minutes to do.

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up