INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customizing Main Level View for JRemote  (Read 1534 times)

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Customizing Main Level View for JRemote
« on: August 25, 2015, 03:00:20 pm »

I have added various views under TOOLS / MEDIA NETWORK / ADVANCED: Movies

So far so good.

However, on the first grouping category "Movie", there are not only my customized, nested library items shown, but also following view:  GENRE / YEAR / then Movie Name. See attached screenshots of the JRiver setting and how it looks like on JRemote.

The point is - I havenīt configured it this way for the main grouping category "Movie" and would like to adapt this. I canīt find any settings, which define this view - where can i find this???

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Customizing Main Level View for JRemote
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 03:06:51 pm »

How did you create the movies entry? It seems like its not a category, but a normal library item, for some reason.
I would re-create the root Movies node as a "Category", and then move the sub-categories over to that, and then delete the old one. That should hopefully do it.

I agree its rather unintuitive to have this difference, and not clearly mark it.
Not sure it even makes sense at all to have a "normal" library entry as a root with a sub-navigation at all...
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Al ex

Re: Customizing Main Level View for JRemote
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 04:06:35 pm »

How did you create the movies entry?
Donīt think I have altered anything on root level, thought this was original JRiver configuration?

It seems like its not a category, but a normal library item, for some reason.
I would re-create the root Movies node as a "Category", and then move the sub-categories over to that, and then delete the old one. That should hopefully do it.
Creating a new category and moving a library item by unesting and nesting again didnīt work for some odd reason: the new category item was empty despite having a nested library item inside.

However, creating a new Root Library Item (Movies) and moving the library items over (of old Movies category) helped...   :) thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up