INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gapless difficulties  (Read 1878 times)

wuffwaff

Gapless difficulties
« on: August 29, 2015, 10:22:53 am »

Hi,

Iīm having a problem to get gapless working. Tried all sorts of settings and can get it to work on "short" songs for example on Mike Oldfields "Tubular Bells" (one to two minute pieces) but not for example on Dark Side of the Moon.

It will play gapless nicely when I jump to one minute before the end of a song.

So it seems there is some sort of memory or buffer problem.

The setup is JRiver MC20 on an iMac (late 2012, 27", 16GB), Music on an external drive (USB 3.0), an playing via UPnP to a renderer.

Any ideas?

William

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gapless difficulties
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 10:28:08 am »

Gapless playback to network devices can be tricky.  Some devices don't support it at all.  Others need special settings in JRiver to make it work.  Due to all of the weird issues I've seen, I would personally now stay away from a network based device as my primary listening platform.  For high quality playback I personally will always use something that's directly connected to the computer (USB, etc).

That aside, you will probably get much more expert advice on how to set it up properly in the Media Network forum here at JRiver:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=7.0

Make sure to include the make and model of your renderer when you describe your playback problem.

Good luck to you.

Brian.

wuffwaff

Re: Gapless difficulties
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 10:34:02 am »

thanks,

like I said it does work if the songs are short enough. I more or less have to use the renderer as it is preamp and room optimizer in one and i donīt think an extra DA-AD conversion when using an USB or Firewire DAC will help.

Will try the other forum.

William
Pages: [1]   Go Up