INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 21.0.6 for Debian  (Read 4133 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 21.0.6 for Debian
« on: September 04, 2015, 05:08:58 pm »

The latest build is up at:

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter-21.0.6.deb (also in the latest apt repository)

See the windows 21 log for general non-linux related changes.

21.0.6 (9/4/2015)

1. Fixed: Issue with crashes when closing the tree during playback when the cover art is displaying in the action window. This could possibly help with other sizing issues.
2. Changed: Skins are copied into the users MC resource area from MC's app library area upon updating to this build and are used from there going forward so they can be modified without requiring root permissions.

21.0.5 (9/1/2015)

1. Changed: Added graphical confirmation of the license installation through the file association.

21.0.4 (8/14/2015)

1. Fixed: The "View Current Log" button on the logging dialog wasn't working.
2. Fixed: Exporting a playlist to HTML didn't open a browser to view the playlist properly.
3. Fixed: Viewing the html of a gallery in preview mode didn't open a browser properly to view the preview.
4. Changed: Internal, method of running an external command.
5. Fixed: Can purchase an upgrade via the usual method (install MC 20 license on MC 21 and follow the instructions).

21.0.3 (8/10/2015)

1. NEW: Improved font support.
2. Fixed: Trial period was broken.

21.0.2 (8/7/2015)

1. NEW: Subtitle Support during Video Playback.
2. Changed: Windows redraw better.
3. NEW: Image support. 2D viewing effects only at this time.

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 21.0.6 for Debian
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 10:13:34 pm »

Just notified that my trial period has expired (I own a master license) and I just tried a restore, same message comes up.  No way to run MC on linux all of a sudden, any ideas?

Edit, a little more info...

So, basically, I'm getting the "trial period has expired" dialog all of a sudden.  I attained an MJR and restored with the success message.  Still, the trial expired msg.  I tried entering my master key from there (the restore button option), no joy, an error communicating with the server.

This is a plain openSUSE TW x86_64.  I have another machine set up the same way and it had the trial expired message too, but I restored the MJR there, again with a success msg, and MC is working fine there now.  This literally just happened after a reboot and MC starting up.

I was looking at the certs setup to see if anything has changed, but I'm assuming that the MJR restore would fail if they were not set up correctly.  Plus, both machines have the same cert setup AFAICS.

I'm not sure what else to check, what could be futzed up regarding my license set up (that has been working fine since the 21 upgrade a few weeks ago) that I can check into?
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 01:36:17 pm »

Just notified that my trial period has expired (I own a master license) and I just tried a restore, same message comes up.  No way to run MC on linux all of a sudden, any ideas?

Edit, a little more info...

So, basically, I'm getting the "trial period has expired" dialog all of a sudden.  I attained an MJR and restored with the success message.  Still, the trial expired msg.  I tried entering my master key from there (the restore button option), no joy, an error communicating with the server.

This is a plain openSUSE TW x86_64.  I have another machine set up the same way and it had the trial expired message too, but I restored the MJR there, again with a success msg, and MC is working fine there now.  This literally just happened after a reboot and MC starting up.

I was looking at the certs setup to see if anything has changed, but I'm assuming that the MJR restore would fail if they were not set up correctly.  Plus, both machines have the same cert setup AFAICS.

I'm not sure what else to check, what could be futzed up regarding my license set up (that has been working fine since the 21 upgrade a few weeks ago) that I can check into?

Some things to try:
Can you restore with a .mjr file on the commandline without the /RestoreFromFile switch?
You should get a gui popup then.

I assume you are using the command line with the same user as the one you're running MC as (not root or sudo'd)?

You might have a permissions or ownership issue.
As the user running MC from a terminal (and MC not running) try:
chown -R bob ~/.jriver            (substitute your user name for bob).
This should run with no errors. If you get an error do:
sudo chown -R bob ~/.jriver

If it still doesn't work, rename or move out of the way your settings files (~/.jriver/Media Center 21/Settings/*.ini) and try to license MC again.

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 03:14:08 pm »

Thx Bob, here's the deal, I tried in the order you listed, fwiw:

Yes, command line worked and the gui dialog popped up, still got the trial msg (and yes, I'm doing all this as user "mike", not root)

Next, I chowned the .jriver, no errors, ran MC, still got the trial msg.

Next, I removed *.ini from "settings", ran the commandline mjr and, voila, I have MC running again and it shows registered with the master license.

Does this imply "corrupted" settings of some sort?  

Thx again, HTH.

Edit:  Looks like it was something in Machine Settings.ini as I put User Settings.ini back in .jriver..... and it is working, fwiw.
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 05:21:02 pm »

Thx Bob, here's the deal, I tried in the order you listed, fwiw:

Yes, command line worked and the gui dialog popped up, still got the trial msg (and yes, I'm doing all this as user "mike", not root)

Next, I chowned the .jriver, no errors, ran MC, still got the trial msg.

Next, I removed *.ini from "settings", ran the commandline mjr and, voila, I have MC running again and it shows registered with the master license.

Does this imply "corrupted" settings of some sort?  

Thx again, HTH.

Edit:  Looks like it was something in Machine Settings.ini as I put User Settings.ini back in .jriver..... and it is working, fwiw.
Yes, it does sound like something got corrupted in the Machine Settings.ini file
Pages: [1]   Go Up