INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has ios development gone dormant?  (Read 3799 times)

thm655321

• Junior Woodchuck
Has ios development gone dormant?
« on: September 04, 2015, 11:43:10 pm »

Curious whether the ios app is still being worked on.  According to the app store the last update was November, 2014.

Thanks.

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Has ios development gone dormant?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 03:22:48 am »

dormant? death for almost a year..
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

_mulder

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 10:48:04 pm »

I was thinking about getting it but with no possibility of trying it without purchasing it (please, can we have a trial of some sort!) and seeing that this app has not been updated for almost a year even if bugs have been reported, I think I'll pass.

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 11:10:00 pm »

Dormant? This is the best iOS app out there. If it ain't broke, why update it?

thm655321

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 11:11:55 pm »

I agree it's a great app, but so much more can be done with it.

)p(

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 12:00:15 am »

I agree. It is great for audio, less for movies and series. I think dedicated layouts for those were planned by the author at some point. But after it was bought by jriver all development time seems to have been focused to get an android version out.

thm655321

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 12:05:55 am »

As well as landscape modes suitable for the larger iPhones, etc.

Oh, and DSD playback, even though that apparently requires changes at the JRiver end.

The thing is, this app used to be updated very regularly, but as mentioned since the Android app development nothing for iOS since November 2014.

scubarob

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 07:21:37 am »

As I recall there was also talk of incorporating a database. This is a great app which I use on a regular basis. I Guess my expectations were set too high. Probably not worth asking for a development timeline. 

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 03:02:36 pm »

I imagine they will update the app once iOS 9 becomes available to the public. As long as it works for the iOS software updates, I'm happy. It appears a ton of development has been put into this app and I don't think they are anywhere near abandoning it.

markl

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 06:24:22 pm »

JRemote is wonderful App but I was wondering why development on the IOS version had gone dormant. 

Is Robert Ryan (aka LesPaul) still with JRiver?  I believe he was the original developer of the App as a 3rd party product (for Banjo Media) and then joined JRiver in mid-2014 after JRiver aquired JRemote.

I don't think I've seen any recent postings on this forum by LesPaul.  So perhaps that explains why there has been no updates to the IOS version.  Or perhaps its just that all the focus has been on development of the Android version.

As long as JRemote works with IOS 9 when its officially rolled-out I'll be happy!

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 07:23:38 am »

Looking at LesPaul's profile I see he has not posted since 5th March.

I bought into the Android app in April knowing it was in beta but I have to say I am dissatisfied with the level of development since then. Especially considering the high price of app compared to others.

styxx10

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 09:10:48 am »

Looking at LesPaul's profile I see he has not posted since 5th March.

I bought into the Android app in April knowing it was in beta but I have to say I am dissatisfied with the level of development since then. Especially considering the high price of app compared to others.

It would appear both from the silence from Les Paul and JRiver.....that the development of both JRemote apps have stalled.......

Tim-Ann

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 09:47:18 am »

Remote working for me now on iOS 9 Beta which is odd because it wasn't working last week, now is El Capitan going to cause any problems.

Tim.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 10:40:16 pm »

It would appear both from the silence from Les Paul and JRiver.....that the development of both JRemote apps have stalled.......
They've said they do intend to do further development on JRemote for iOS, but they've had other fish to fry right now.

That said, there is an issue with JRemote on iOS 9, even in the GM. As I mentioned in another thread tonight, I'm pretty sure I tracked down the cause. If so, it should be pretty simple to fix.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up