INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to group multi-disc albums on PC same way the JRemote displays them  (Read 5643 times)

nsteele

• Recent member

For multi-disc albums, I've eliminated "(Disc 1 of 2)", etc. from my album names, and properly retagged them using the "disc #" field, leaving the track # as is natively for each disc. This works fine, but on the PC, I'd like to have the pane view display these albums in the bottom track listing pane by grouping them by disc # in the same way JRemote displays multi-disc albums. In the JRemote display, it labels each disc as "Disc 1", etc. and displays a break between the discs, even though they are now part of same album. Is there a way to display this in similar fashion on the PC with MC 20?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to group multi-disc albums on PC same way the JRemote displays them
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 10:58:50 am »

yep. Customize the view and open the wizard by clicking set rules for file display ... in the bottom box of the wizard Modify Results .. choose sort by and add the parameters you want.

normally this would be Album Artist (or albumartist(auto) if you don't fill out album artist), Album, Disc#, Track#

nsteele

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 12:26:41 am »

It default sorts fine using album, then Disc #, then track number. I was looking for more physical displayed separation between discs for a multi disc album. The way JRemote does it is really nice looking and helpful.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 05:13:04 am »

It default sorts fine using album, then Disc #, then track number. I was looking for more physical displayed separation between discs for a multi disc album. The way JRemote does it is really nice looking and helpful.
Sorry, but I don't have "out-of-the box" views any more for any mode so I can't see how it looks for you. What are you seeing?

If you are talking about the Bar that says Disc 1? No, I don't believe you can - I think that's IOS only - not sure don't have an android version anymore handy. Other than changing the grouping or breaking the album by giving each  a distinct name (not a good idea IMO, but it works) eg. Album Title, CD1; Album Title CD2 etc.

Almost everything else that you can do for Theater View, you can do for JRemote though, so if this is not the case, get back and we'll see. Remember there are 3 (unfortunately ::) ) areas to create modify views for each mode -- the JRemote views are under Media Network Advanced -- you can import non-pane views from Standard View however .. most of the functionality is the same.

nsteele

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 02:54:03 pm »

Yeah, In JRemote for iOS, I was talking about the bar that says "Disc 1." That's a great way to display multi-disc albums. Wish I could do same in MC now that I've gotten rid of all the file names/tags with "[album name] - Disc 1 of 2", etc.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 03:21:13 pm »

You can simulate this.

1.  Make a custom field called Album-Disc.  Make it's value a calculated value of:  [Album]-[Disc #]
2.  Go to your panes view and set it to:
    List Style:  Details
    Group by:  More sort groups > Album-Disc

It's pretty darned close to what you're asking for...

Brian.

nsteele

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 12:25:44 pm »

Hey, that works great! Thanks a lot.

nsteele

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 12:56:45 pm »

In that new Custom Field, Album-Disc, is there a way to add an expression to the calculated value, such that if [Disc #] has no value (i.e. for a single disc album), then the calculated value for this Album-Disc field will also be null?  Otherwise, for all such single disc albums with no value in the [Disc #] field, it will still display the "-" next to the Album title. I'd like it just to be blank in such cases and not append anything.  I can't find syntax on expressions anywhere. Thanks for any thoughts.

Arindelle

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 01:07:52 pm »

here you go http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language

However, I don't think you can establish an IF expression for a UI element.

Even if you can you'd find lots of single albums will have a disc #1 or will have something like 1/1 depending on your source for tag data.

As an aside, JRiver treats a blank 0 and a 1 as a"1" to establish if the album is complete, also.

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 01:10:21 pm »

Try this expression as the calculated value for your Album-Disc field:

Code: [Select]
[Album]if(isempty([Disc #],0),,-[Disc #])
That should do it.

Brian.

nsteele

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 01:16:38 pm »

Thanks. I tried this in the Album-Disc field: if(isempty([Disc #]),[Album],[Album] - Disc [Disc #]). Does the job too.

Thanks again for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up