INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art and Movie Name not updating  (Read 5489 times)

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
Cover Art and Movie Name not updating
« on: September 08, 2015, 03:04:53 pm »

I've had this issue for the last few builds...

when I add a new movie, the movie can be found in IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes etc. with no problem

However the cover art is not updating, and neither is the 'Name' field in the tag. No matter what I do (eg delete the cover art then re-lookup) I cannot display the correct cover art, and instead the first frame of the movie displays

I am using build 20.132.

Many thanks

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art and Movie Name not updating
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 03:42:00 pm »

Is the Media Sub type set to "Movie"?

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 02:33:47 pm »

Is the Media Sub type set to "Movie"?

Yes it is , thanks...

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 03:58:53 pm »

Yes it is , thanks...

so did u get it to work?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 04:24:15 pm »

Hi there, no still not working. All movies are sub-type 'movies'

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 04:33:10 pm »

Can you manually change the "Name" value and have it change?
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 12:51:29 pm »

Can you manually change the "Name" value and have it change?

Yes I can manually edit the name, it just doesn't update when using the 'Get Movie and TV Info' option

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 01:12:05 pm »

I have just added 15 movies, they were picked up and added to the library within a few minutes

0 movies added the cover-art

4 movies were not recognised - upon searching for the movie 'Get Movie' all of the metadata updated successfully other then the NAME and the COVERT_ART

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 01:24:41 pm »

in contrast......

my Synology NAS added all 15 movies in just a few seconds (Video Station)

Every movie was correct, with all meta-data and hi-rez cover art

Trouble is Video Station isn't much use for my current setup, although I am seriously considering a WDTV....

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 02:58:52 pm »

can anyone help??   :-\

many thanks

blgentry

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 04:57:15 pm »

I'm inclined to say you should take the NAS out of the path as a test.  That is, rip, or copy, or move some movies to your local hard drive, import them, and see if the Name and Art get added/updated properly.

This test might point you closer to the root of the problem.

Brian.

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 01:10:27 pm »

I'm inclined to say you should take the NAS out of the path as a test.  That is, rip, or copy, or move some movies to your local hard drive, import them, and see if the Name and Art get added/updated properly.

This test might point you closer to the root of the problem.

Brian.

ahhh.....

Just thinking about it, the problem might of started when I changed the location of the movies. The physical location never changed, but I changed the logical location from a mapped network drive (ie my Z: drive was mapped to my NAS) to the direct location of my NAS (ie //nas-001/videos). The reason was because movies weren't auto being added to the library when dropped into the watched folder so I had to manually add them. Re-mapping seemed to fix the issue

I think at the same time there was an issue whereby the protocol that imdb / rotten tomatoes / etc  used had changed, meaning that the cover art wasn't importing correctly. This was why I never suspected the remap as a cause

I will remap and post my findings

many thanks

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 02:09:18 pm »

Changing the mapping of the NAS makes no difference

Copying the movie onto local hard drive, the cover art updates, but the movie name doesn't

CountryBumkin

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 02:19:57 pm »

Why would the Movie "Name" need to update?

If you have a movie such as "Top Gun" the lookup will search by name "Top Gun" then it will display the meta data (coverart and description, actors, ect.)  for Top Gun. There is no need for the Name to update - as it is correct.
If you have an incorrect Name to start with, the movie lookup won't work.

What am I misunderstanding?

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 02:25:11 pm »

Why would the Movie "Name" need to update?

If you have a movie such as "Top Gun" the lookup will search by name "Top Gun" then it will display the meta data (coverart and description, actors, ect.)  for Top Gun. There is no need for the Name to update - as it is correct.
If you have an incorrect Name to start with, the movie lookup won't work.

What am I misunderstanding?

When I use the movie lookup, I enter the name of the movie in the search field.

The movie is then looked up, I pick the correct movie from the list (one with hi-res cover art) and the EXACT movie title is looked up (correct spelling, case, punctuation etc.)

In any case, the movie should look-up correctly from the filename if it is in the format moviename(year)?? I think this is being implemented in v21

CountryBumkin

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 03:08:47 pm »

The "MovieName (year)" lookup was added for MC21 as you noted - but I don't think the "MovieName" field can be overwritten.

I seem to recall a prior post (can't find it now) where it was said that the "Name field" could not be over-written. I think someone was concerned that the automatic lookup function (Carnac), would mess up their TV shows (like "Doctor Who (1969)" by replacing/overwriting the current name with "Doctor Who" (current series) and thereby messing up their file system.

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 03:24:49 pm »

The "MovieName (year)" lookup was added for MC21 as you noted - but I don't think the "MovieName" field can be overwritten.

I seem to recall a prior post (can't find it now) where it was said that the "Name field" could not be over-written. I think someone was concerned that the automatic lookup function (Carnac), would mess up their TV shows (like "Doctor Who (1969)" by replacing/overwriting the current name with "Doctor Who" (current series) and thereby messing up their file system.

Surely that should be an option?? (over-writing the name field) or maybe disabled only for TV Shows. I mean I'm sure the "MovieName" field used to be overwritten, in previous versions of MC. Is this something that can be added to MC21 as an option??

Also any ideas why the cover art only updates with local movies, and doesn't work with my files on the NAS

I really appreciate all your comments and help by the way

CountryBumkin

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 03:46:25 pm »

I'll do some testing to confirm my suspicion - unless someone knows for sure and reports back.

Phillil, can you explain your movie collection/importing method? Why don't you have a correct MovieName to start with?
Maybe there is a better way to setup your process.

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 04:15:25 pm »

It's a real mixture actually.

I mostly watch movies on cable (Sky Movies) and tend to save a from movies on demand. However the internal HDD gets full up quickly since I'm only interested in HD videos. So if that happens I tend to download the movie from NET to my NAS if I don't get a chance to watch it (normally have a limited time to watch once downloaded via the Sky box). Same goes for TV series, documentaries and the occasional game of football. There is no way of 'exporting' content from the Sky box to my NAS as far as I know

I also used to buy Blu-rays before they became available on demand on Sky HD. Ripping blu-ray was a real hassle, so again would download the movie  and watch it as it was more convenient.

Unfortunately the SKY HDD is quite small (1TB) and upgrading it isn't an option. So if I want to retain any movies (mainly for the kids) I will have to download from net and store on the NAS. This has the added benefit of the kids being able to watch their movies in the kitchen or bedroom where they have a WDTV in each.

The stuff downloaded from the net generally has a naff filename and MovieName (lots of prefix and suffixes), so I change the filename so the movies are easily identifiable on the WDTV's. The WDTV's don't utilise the metadata, but I'm not too fussed about it.

I do however want it to look good with MC20

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 03:23:48 am »

Any suggestions as to why covert art is not updating??

Seems it updates fine locally but not when file is located on the NAS
Pages: [1]   Go Up