INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide: MCBurn2BD (Burn any Video from MC to a Blu-ray)  (Read 9325 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Guide: MCBurn2BD (Burn any Video from MC to a Blu-ray)
« on: October 22, 2015, 08:06:27 pm »

Last Updated: 30 Oct 2015

Background:  This script lets you burn any Video file including Particles, TV Recordings (both TS and JTV formats) etc to a Blu-ray disk.

What MCBurn2BD:  It creates MC Particles for each chapter of a file with Chapter Names and Start/Stop Times.
- It will only run in Windows and is GUI based
- It needs no install, just download and unzip the attachment into the folder you want to run it from
- When you first run MCBurn2BD it will create a .ini file (MCWS logon details) and add a "Sent To" shortcut in MC
- You can then select Video in MC and either the "Right Click --> Send To --> Send To (external) --> MCBurn2BD" command short cut or run the EXE directly (or if you have AHK Installed the AHK script)

The script will then in order:
- Transcode the Video using MC's existing "MPEG2-TS 1080p AUTOFPS" profile
- Make a BD ISO using a portable version of tsMuxeR
- Burn to Disk using a portable version of ImgBurn

Notes, Limitations, Future Stuff:  
- At this stage you can only burn a single file.  If there is any interest I can look at supporting Multiple Files --> 1 BD (eg make a compilation disk)
- The files can be Big and can take awhile to convert so you have to be patient
- The profile I'm using is 1080p MPEG2 with 2ch AC3/DD.  This is the most compatible of the existing profiles for BD as this stage.  This may change if there are other BD Compatible conversion profiles in the future
- No fancy Menus etc, but the disk should just "play" when you put it in a BD Player

Download Link : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59011278/MCBurn2BD_151030.zip
Video Overview : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59011278/MCBurn2BD.mp4
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Guide: MCBurn2BD (Burn any Video from MC to a Blu-ray)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 09:53:03 pm »

New version posted : I've made a slight change to the log.txt file creation with a bit more logging to see what is happening.  (note: The log files contain the Authentication Code so you may not want to post these publicly - or edit them out first!).

I also made a short video of how to run it from inside MC once it has been setup.

Quote from: pauljhammond
Hi Nathan,

I ran the script but when sending to Burn2BD it goes through the process really quick and ends up creating a disk about 1MB is size. I noticed the source in ImbBurn is a temp.iso in the MCBurn2BD directory where it was extracted. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Paul.
Paul, could you
- please run it again using the new version and post back to me in a PM the details of the logfile?
- what type of file are you trying to convert?  (eg is it a JTV file, and if so, is it from an Analog or Digitial Tuner as there is a recent thread that MC is having issues converting Analog JTV files http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100964.0)

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

pauljhammond

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 10:25:59 pm »

I'm trying to convert .jtv digital files.

Castius

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 10:29:55 pm »

I have not used this yet but i wanted to say thank. This is very nice plugin.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 10:31:42 pm »

Paul, I've testing on my test JTV file and it works - give it another go with the new version and PM me the log.  Also let me know if it looks like what happens in my video (it should take some time to do the convert esp if the file is of any size).  How big is the JTV file?

Thanks Castius. 
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 03:48:45 am »

Hi Paul,  I've been away with work
The log file you sent is correct but looks to be from the older version of MCBurn2BD.  Download the latest version in the OP, and extract the contents over the top of the old version.  Try run it again and send the contents of the Log.TXT and it should look like this with an inital first line show the MC Call:

Code: [Select]
MC Call
 http://127.0.0.1:52199/MCWS/v1/File/GetFile?File=2885044&FileType=Key&Conversion=47&Playback=0&Token=ABC1234
Network Optix tsMuxeR.  Version 2.6.12. www.networkoptix.com
Decoding AC3 stream (track 2): Bitrate: 224Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 2
0.4% complete
MPEG-2 muxing fps is not set. Get fps from stream. Value: 25
Decoding MPEG2 stream (track 1): Profile: Main@6. Resolution: 1350:1080p. Frame rate: 25
Processed 541 video frames
100.0% complete
Flushing write buffer
Creating Blu-ray stream info and seek index
Creating Blu-ray playlist
Mux successful complete
Finalize ISO disk
Muxing time: 0 sec

Keep in mind that the first time you run MCBurn2BD it will ask for some details on your MC Setup (and save it to a MCBurn2BD.ini file).  If you change details in MC (like turn on Authenticaiton or change a password) you should see an error msg box saying it can not find MC.  If that is the case you need to delete the MCBurn2BD.ini file to recreate it with the new details.
JRiver CEO Elect

pauljhammond

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 08:49:50 pm »

I installed MCBurn2BD again using the following link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59011278/MCBurn2BD_151025.zip

Is that the correct path for the updated MCBurn2BD?

After installing and trying again this is what my log file looks like:

MC Call
 http://127.0.0.1:52199/MCWS/v1/File/GetFile?File=24&FileType=Key&Conversion=47&Playback=0&Token=ABC123
Network Optix tsMuxeR.  Version 2.6.12. www.networkoptix.com
100.0% complete
Processed 0 video frames
100.0% complete
Flushing write buffer
Mux successful complete
Finalize ISO disk
Muxing time: 1 sec

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 09:21:13 pm »

Yes that looks like the correct log so you have the latest version (note: I edited your Token as this is a private authentication key for that session!)

So the call is being made correctly to MC and I presume you don't see any error msg pop up....

I've added another line to the logging to see what file you are trying to convert.  Download the new version from the OP (ends in 151030) and install again and the log will now like like:
Code: [Select]
MC Call
 http://127.0.0.1:52199/MCWS/v1/File/GetFile?File=2885044&FileType=Key&Conversion=47&Playback=0&Token=abc1234
File to Convert: \\MAIN\Media\Video\TV Recordings\Seven News At 4 - S01E01\Seven News At 4 - S01E01.jtv
Network Optix tsMuxeR.  Version 2.6.12. www.networkoptix.com
Decoding AC3 stream (track 2): Bitrate: 224Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 2
0.4% complete
MPEG-2 muxing fps is not set. Get fps from stream. Value: 25
Decoding MPEG2 stream (track 1): Profile: Main@6. Resolution: 1350:1080p. Frame rate: 25
Processed 541 video frames
100.0% complete
Flushing write buffer
Mux successful complete
Finalize ISO disk
Muxing time: 0 sec

edit - ...also FYI, the file it is trying to convert is "File=24"  This is a pretty low number unless this recording was almost the first item added in your library.  Are you sure you have the correct file selected in MC?  Anyway the new Log will tell us.

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 09:26:18 pm »

...also what happens in MC if you try to convert it?  Select the File --> Right Click --> Library Tools --> Convert Format and select the MPEG2-TS 1080P AUTOFPS (see pic).  Does it work or fail?
JRiver CEO Elect

pauljhammond

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 03:53:17 pm »

It creates a file that is 360 bytes.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 08:47:34 pm »

Mmmm if MC can not convert it, then my script will not either (it just automates 3 processes into one).  Are you able to zip up the folder containing the recording and sent a link or is it too big?
JRiver CEO Elect

pauljhammond

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 10:49:51 pm »

If MCBurn2BD is a script that runs within JRiver, than either JRiver seems to be the corrupted or Windows 10 is corrupted. I've tried several Blu-Ray burning programs so am inclined to believe that a refresh of Windows 10 is probably the best method. Any suggestions?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 11:44:00 pm »

I doubt it, as MC's features are all pretty well contained.  Can you try a small JTV Sample as see if that works.  or send a link to one you have made (as you can see from my log it is working for me - so no idea what is "different" for your JTV file).
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 03:17:35 am »

I'm going to close this thread, as future updates will be part of MC Tool Box
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up