INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SACD/DSF playpack issues  (Read 3992 times)

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
SACD/DSF playpack issues
« on: December 06, 2016, 06:02:08 am »

Hi there
I updated to 22 and I got problems with DSD playback. It happens that JRiver hang and I have to kill from windows 10 task manager, and (sometimes) I have to restart it

Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device
 DSD bitstream in DOP format: yes
 use only most sign.bit yes
Settings
 Play files from memory: yes
 Load files to memory at the start: yes

Any suggestion? needless to say everything worked perfectly with release 21 (same netwok, same bandwith, same PC)

thanks

Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: SACD/DSF playpack issues
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 08:20:46 am »

The 2 play from memory options are mutually exclusive. You should use one or the other. I would suggest turning them both off as a start. If that works then turn on load files to memory at the start and see how that works. Then try the other one.

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 09:12:54 am »

thanks much. it looks ok now (with both option disable)
why the GUI does not prevent users to enable BOTH? it is easy: just put a mutally exclusive double check box or radio button...)
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.

goranjan

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 11:36:19 pm »

Can JRiver Media Center Play SACD with 6 channels?  My Google search suggests that JRiver only supports two channels.

Which would explain the annoying message I always get when I try to play an SACD "Playback could not be started using the format 96 Khz 24 bit 6 ch. 

This format would work: 96 Kz 24 bit 2 ch."

(If I wanted to play 2 channel, I wouldn't need JRiver).  I hope someone can answer, because my trial is about to expire, and I will not be buying JRiver without 6-channel support.

If 6-Channel is possible, and there is a Wiki guide or some instructions on how to make it work, this would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thank you,
Goran

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 02:55:24 am »

As far as I understand to play 6 channel anything on MC you need a 6 channel capable output device (eg 6 channel DAC or a HDMI connected home theatre amp or similar).

If MC is suggesting you mix down to 2 channels it would imply to me your current output device is only capable of 2 channels. You don't say what your output device is.

Spike

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 07:14:13 pm »

Can JRiver Media Center Play SACD with 6 channels?  My Google search suggests that JRiver only supports two channels.

Which would explain the annoying message I always get when I try to play an SACD "Playback could not be started using the format 96 Khz 24 bit 6 ch. 

This format would work: 96 Kz 24 bit 2 ch."

(If I wanted to play 2 channel, I wouldn't need JRiver).  I hope someone can answer, because my trial is about to expire, and I will not be buying JRiver without 6-channel support.

If 6-Channel is possible, and there is a Wiki guide or some instructions on how to make it work, this would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thank you,
Goran

I have a JR library containing thousands of SACD rips as DSFs in Mch.  They play perfectly and sound terrific using 5.1 as my output format.  Do not use Source Number of Channels in your JR audio output setup.  Some SACDs are 5.0 (5 channels), some 5.1 (6 channels).  In fact, JR also handles BDs with 7.1 channels perfectly.

Desertpilot

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 06:23:17 pm »

I occasionally get this message.  When windows does a major update, it will sometimes reset your audio PLAYBACK DEVICES to stereo.  Change the setting back to 5.1 or 7.1 and you should be good to go.

Marcus 

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 02:07:56 pm »

As far as I understand to play 6 channel anything on MC you need a 6 channel capable output device (eg 6 channel DAC or a HDMI connected home theatre amp or similar).

If MC is suggesting you mix down to 2 channels it would imply to me your current output device is only capable of 2 channels. You don't say what your output device is.

Spike
It is a Teac UD-503. I can't actually play mch-sacd, trying to down mix to 2.0 somehow
Stereo:
Pages: [1]   Go Up