INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 19.0.152 -- Available here  (Read 10133 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 19.0.152 -- Available here
« on: July 14, 2014, 04:08:04 pm »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190152.exe

19.0.152 (7/14/2014)

1. Changed: When playing with real-time DSD output, a sample rate change of the input won't reset the output DAC.
2. Changed: DLNA sample time when not controlling a zone backed off to 2 seconds.
3. NEW: DLNA will play to stream only devices (i.e. Raumfeld Speakers).
4. NEW: DLNA subscribing to Rendering Control events structure added.
5. Changed: DLNA device alive call using GetTransportSettings (which is required by the spec).
6. Fixed: Double-click on the lamp shade for party mode password circumvention wasn't working.  Note that Control and Shift must be held during the double-click.

19.0.151 (7/11/2014)

1. Fixed: Get Movie & TV Info was getting a low resolution image from Rotten Tomatoes.
2. Faster: Browser components cache their expression so using a big expression in a pane is faster.
3. Fixed: Skinned scrollbars and possibly other resources would not shrink properly when drawing.
4. NEW: Audio-only television channels (DVB) can now be played in time-shifting mode.
5. Fixed: Format conversion could fail.

19.0.150 (7/9/2014)

1. Fixed: When scheduling television recordings in Theater View, default recording settings "Cleanup mode" and "Auto Tagging" were not applied.
2. Changed: Added ability to edit "Cleanup Mode" when scheduling television recordings in Theater View.
3. Changed: Added 'Date Recorded' as a sorting preset for Category views.
4. Fixed: Really big expressions (many paragraphs) could cause a crash.
5. Changed: JRiver servers respond with a X-JRiver-Access-Key field stating the access key (so devices could auto-connect).
6. Fixed: Content that was 352,800 Hz would not play properly in the "No change" sample rate mode.
7. NEW: Added '4xDSD in native format' to the real-time DSD encoding choices.

19.0.149 (7/2/2014)

1. Fixed: After deleting files from a Smartlist, the list would not always update properly.
2. NEW: Added a "Save settings as defaults" button on television recording wizard, to save certain settings, including auto tagging, to be applied in subsequent recordings when they are scheduled.
3. Fixed: The previous build (148) was not showing files on handheld devices.
4. Fixed: MCWS/v1/DSP/Set changes didn't take effect until a dialog was shown (now changes take effect right away).
5. Changed: MCWS/v1/DSP/Set takes a zone parameter.
6. Fixed: The minimize button in the player could draw stretched in Mini View mode.
7. Fixed: Send To > Gallery > Flickr was not working.

19.0.148 (6/30/2014)

1. Fixed: Skinning supports over-sized radio buttons.
2. Fixed: Skinning supports over-sized search clear buttons.
3. Fixed: Some files in TS (transport stream) format would not play on LS clients.
4. Changed: The text drawing engine will allow a newline after an underscore character _, so that text that uses underscores will flow more naturally in a list.
5. Changed: Added an example to MCWS/v1/DSP/Set to show users how to use it.
6. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Regis!).
7. Changed: For Mac/Linux compatibility, the handheld plugin now uses a custom interface rather than using MC's automation interface.
8. Fixed: The visualization plugin could crash in recent builds.
9. Fixed: Changing television zooming to preset sizes ("Fit Window", "100%", "200%") using context menu options did not re-center the video.

19.0.147 (6/27/2014)

1. Changed: Skinning supports over-sized checkbox controls.
2. Fixed: The size of the thumbnail size slider would be one pixel different between the top and bottom lists.
3. NEW: Rewrote the Theater View > Shoutcast implementation using an official API key.
4. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Regis!).
5. Changed: AVerMedia HD Capture video capture device will use Red October Standard/HQ/Custom selection of video renderer, instead of Windows default renderer.
6. Changed: Red October Standard/HQ/Custom selection of video renderer will be used with Video capture devices with hardware compression in non-timeshifting mode (it has already been done previously for timeshifting mode).
7. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/DSP/Set function for turning a DSP on or off.

19.0.146 (6/25/2014)

1. Changed: Improved WPL exporting.
2. Changed: When all tracks from an album have multiple artists but all the tracks have the same list the first artist will be used for Album Artist (auto) instead of (Multiple Artists).
3. Fixed: Television recording option text "Keep recording after the program ends (use negative value to stop early) by:" was too long to fit in window if larger font was used.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).

19.0.145 (6/23/2014)

1. Changed: Season is enabled for audio.
2. Changed: Added support for MPGV files.
3. Changed: Tracks with multiple artists will use (Multiple Artists) for Album Artist Auto.
4. Changed: On edit television channel list window, added a "Save Channel Order" button.  Channel ordering will not automatically be saved if a user only clicks the channel header.  If the user uses Move Up/Down to change ordering, a confirmation dialog will be displayed upon leaving such mode.
5. Changed: When removing the playing file from Playing Now the next file will start playing.
6. Changed: The field "Involved People" maps to the ID3v2 tag IPLS.
7. Fixed: Seeking in Gizmo was not working in 19.0.144.

19.0.144 (6/20/2014)

1. Changed: Sample rate conversion can specify different values for 352,800 and 384,000 input sample rates.
2. Changed: MCWS/v1/File/CreateParticle returns created keys as a Keys parameter.
3. Fixed: DVD Title Playback offers all audio streams, instead of only one.
4. Faster: Converting audio to 64-bit for internal processing is up to 50% faster.
5. Fixed: Parsing of some JSON formatted web results was incorrect, especially arrays of data.  Could affect results from Youtube, Facebook, TheMovieDB, Rotten Tomatoes and others.
6. Changed: Reworded "Start recording early by:" to remind users that they can use negative values to delay starting of recording a television show.
7. Changed: Merged DVBC frequency tables Switzerland.cablecom.xml and Switzerland.UPC Cablecom.xml
8. Changed: DLNA sends alive messages when it resumes from standby.

19.0.143 (6/18/2014)

1. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/File/CreateParticle to create particles from a file.
2. NEW: Gizmo honors playback range when playing a video.
3. Fixed: Graph-building problem with Hauppauge Colossus.
4. Fixed: In certain cases while ripping multiple discs, a newly inserted audio CD would not be seen by Media Center.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Headfimiami

Re: Media Center 19.0.152 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 06:19:35 pm »

Since I upgraded to version 19.0152 whenever I click STOP MC19 FREEZES and my Windows7 64 bit also freezes and requires turning off PC manually. Problem started with version 19.0.146

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:51:45 pm »

When playing with real time DSD encoding, changing from a PCM track to a DSD track MC resamples from DSD to PCM then encodes to DSD and noise is heard . Stopping then replaying the DSD track no convertion is done and it is played normally.

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 06:06:48 am »

When playing with real time DSD encoding, changing from a PCM track to a DSD track MC resamples from DSD to PCM then encodes to DSD and noise is heard . Stopping then replaying the DSD track no convertion is done and it is played normally.

My understanding is that, when playing with real-time DSD encoding on, all music is run though JRiver's DSP engine - as PCM - and encoded to DSD for output.

Even once the noise issue is resolved, your DSD will still have a (very high resoloution, expertly done) PCM stage.

I find the trade-off to be worthwhile for the benefits of volume leveling, room correction, and the various other DSP options in JRiver, not to mention the DSD128 and now DSD256 output of the datastream which my DAC decodes better than it does the native DSD64 I'd give it natively.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 06:47:11 am »

Since I upgraded to version 19.0152 whenever I click STOP MC19 FREEZES and my Windows7 64 bit also freezes and requires turning off PC manually. Problem started with version 19.0.146

Media Center, itself, cannot make your PC freeze.  If your entire computer is locking up, something else is wrong.  Most likely an audio device driver, based on your description.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Troubleshooting_Guide
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Troubleshooting_Solutions
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 12:03:19 pm »

I'm having a heck of a time trying to sync my Galaxy S4.

1. If MC is running when I connect the phone, it will not show up in the devices automatically, and I can't find any way to "refresh" the tree to force it to look for the phone. Just have to exit MC. When I launch it again, it finds the phone.

2. Some songs take several tries to complete. If it matters, my sync is set to respect DSP settings, because the phone doesn't know how to respect the volume leveling tags so I want the correct volume "burned" into the tracks. Anyway, some songs will go from 0% to 20% and then just get stuck there for minutes, after which it restarts at 2%, then 4% then 8% and it gets stuck again for minutes, after which it gives up and says "Error" and moves on to the next track.

3. Sometimes it will just take 2 seconds per track and just "Error" out every single one. When I exit and re-launch MC, it goes better, uploading most of the tracks, with the exception of some that fall into the previous case #2 above.

4. After several disconnect, reconnect, close, restart combinations and tries, I finally got it to sync all 250 mp3s. However it did NOT bring across the playlists to the phone. Is there a way to do this manually or force this to happen?

Cheers,
Jeff

Pierre67

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 02:51:24 pm »

Party mode is no longer giving me an issue.

Thank you so much for the fix.

Pierre
Lover of Music

Goatshade

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 07:17:59 pm »

Youtube broke again, so it's known.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 07:29:54 pm »

Youtube broke again, so it's known.

It's working here.  What isn't working for you?

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 08:08:08 pm »

"Changed: When playing with real-time DSD output, a sample rate change of the input won't reset the output DAC."

This is working fantastically! Not only is the connection to the DAC not reset, the transition between files of differing sample rates is super quick and seamless.

Many thanks to everyone involved!!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 08:28:25 pm »

"Changed: When playing with real-time DSD output, a sample rate change of the input won't reset the output DAC."

This is working fantastically! Not only is the connection to the DAC not reset, the transition between files of differing sample rates is super quick and seamless.

Many thanks to everyone involved!!

Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers.

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 08:51:26 pm »

My understanding is that, when playing with real-time DSD encoding on, all music is run though JRiver's DSP engine - as PCM - and encoded to DSD for output.

I have DSD bitstreaming enabled. DSD files are not supposed to be processed at all.
The issue happens when switching from upsampled PCM to bitstreamed DSD. Stopping and playing again the DSD makes the bitstreaming work again.

EDIT ---

I disabled bitstreaming and now there is no noise while changing from PCM do DSD files, but I noticed something interesting: the resample still happens and it is done incorrectly. It looks like MC resamples all files to the same sample rate of the first file played then it encodes to DSD. This also happens changing between PCM files with different sampling rates without stopping. I figured this looking at the audiopath info after changing tracks. Stopping and playing a track will show only "Encode as 2xDSD" in the "Changes" field.

This happens independently of bitstreaming being enabled.

Goatshade

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 09:44:58 pm »

It's working here.  What isn't working for you?

Huh...that's peculiar: it's working now. Before, it was saying something about the file not being found.

Matt speaks, and all is right again.

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 10:23:45 pm »

I have DSD bitstreaming enabled. DSD files are not supposed to be processed at all.
The issue happens when switching from upsampled PCM to bitstreamed DSD. Stopping and playing again the DSD makes the bitstreaming work again.

EDIT ---

I disabled bitstreaming and now there is no noise while changing from PCM do DSD files, but I noticed something interesting: the resample still happens and it is done incorrectly. It looks like MC resamples all files to the same sample rate of the first file played then it encodes to DSD. This also happens changing between PCM files with different sampling rates without stopping. I figured this looking at the audiopath info after changing tracks. Stopping and playing a track will show only "Encode as 2xDSD" in the "Changes" field.

This happens independently of bitstreaming being enabled.

I see what you're saying. It's happening that way for me too. Every track in a session gets resampled to the rate of the first track you play.

To replicate the problem, if you start out with a 44.1 track, for example, and then switch to a DSD track, it'll downsample the DSD track to 44.1. You can temporarily get around it by starting a playback session with a high bitrate file, but this appears to be a bug that needs to be fixed.

Could the resampling rate (when resampling is needed) be fixed to the selected DSD output rate? Meaning, 352.8 kHz for DSDx1, 705.6 kHz for DSDx2, etc? I suspect that that may have been the intended behavior.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 09:27:51 am »

I see what you're saying. It's happening that way for me too. Every track in a session gets resampled to the rate of the first track you play.

To replicate the problem, if you start out with a 44.1 track, for example, and then switch to a DSD track, it'll downsample the DSD track to 44.1. You can temporarily get around it by starting a playback session with a high bitrate file, but this appears to be a bug that needs to be fixed.

Could the resampling rate (when resampling is needed) be fixed to the selected DSD output rate? Meaning, 352.8 kHz for DSDx1, 705.6 kHz for DSDx2, etc? I suspect that that may have been the intended behavior.

I'm not able to reproduce this.

Tips?

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 10:08:29 am »

I'm not able to reproduce this.

Tips?

Every track during a session gets resampled to the rate of the first track you play.

• I have my output format set to real-time DSDx1, with no bitstreaming.
  • I stop the music from playing - to reset the internal processing.
  • When I start a track, Media Center seems to store that initial track's sample rate. A standard definition 44.1k track makes for a good example.
  • If I play different track with a higher sample rate, without stopping the music, the Audio Path shows that that track is resampled/downsampled to the lower, initial rate (44.1k).
  • If I stop the music and restart with a 96k track, Audio Path will report that all subsequent tracks in that session will be resampled to 96k, even if they are 192k or native DSD.

I'm hoping that the intent is that the resampling sample rate (when resampling is needed) would always be fixed to match whatever real-time DSD output has been selected. Meaning, 352.8 kHz for DSDx1, 705.6 kHz for DSDx2, etc.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 10:29:51 am »

Every track during a session gets resampled to the rate of the first track you play.

• I have my output format set to real-time DSDx1, with no bitstreaming.
  • I stop the music from playing - to reset the internal processing.
  • When I start a track, Media Center seems to store that initial track's sample rate. A standard definition 44.1k track makes for a good example.
  • If I play different track with a higher sample rate, without stopping the music, the Audio Path shows that that track is resampled/downsampled to the lower, initial rate (44.1k).
  • If I stop the music and restart with a 96k track, Audio Path will report that all subsequent tracks in that session will be resampled to 96k, even if they are 192k or native DSD.

I'm hoping that the intent is that the resampling sample rate (when resampling is needed) would always be fixed to match whatever real-time DSD output has been selected. Meaning, 352.8 kHz for DSDx1, 705.6 kHz for DSDx2, etc.

What does DSP Studio > Output Format > Sample rate show?  What if you change that manually to a good choice?

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 11:25:13 am »

What does DSP Studio > Output Format > Sample rate show?  What if you change that manually to a good choice?

Thanks for looking into this Matt.

Once you've selected real-time DSD output, your only options are DSDx1, DSDx2 or DSDx4. I'm not sure what you mean by "a good choice".

The problem I'm seeing is that, under the circumstances I described in my previous post, the Audio Path indicates that a high resolution file (like 192k) is being downsampled to standard definition (44.1k), prior to finally being converted to DSD for output.

To put it another way, my understanding is that, since I'm using real-time DSDx1 output, the only resampling rate that should be used is 352.8k. If I were using real-time DSDx2 output, the only resampling rate that should be used is 705.6k.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 12:56:48 pm »

Once you've selected real-time DSD output, your only options are DSDx1, DSDx2 or DSDx4. I'm not sure what you mean by "a good choice".

The problem I'm seeing is that, under the circumstances I described in my previous post, the Audio Path indicates that a high resolution file (like 192k) is being downsampled to standard definition (44.1k), prior to finally being converted to DSD for output.

To put it another way, my understanding is that, since I'm using real-time DSDx1 output, the only resampling rate that should be used is 352.8k. If I were using real-time DSDx2 output, the only resampling rate that should be used is 705.6k.

I think this may be fixed in the next build.  Stay tuned.

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 02:39:50 pm »

I think this may be fixed in the next build.  Stay tuned.

Thanks! I will.

The new functionality is fantastic and the fix for the bug (setting the resampling rate to a fixed/maximum number?) sounds like something that might be simple.

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 08:32:37 pm »

1.  If you run "update library from tags" or "update tags from library" and alt-tab away from Media Center, or select another application, the dialog box in the center of the screen showing progress and offering the option to cancel this action disappears.

When you try to select Media Center, Windows acts as if the program has frozen and offers to close it.

2.  Media Center needs to have you confirm these actions twice before proceeding. It's a potentially destructive action, and should not just run when selected. (intentionally or accidentally)

3.  It seems that Media Center has not been updating [Description] tags in my files (and possibly others) as they have been changed, even though it is set to write those changes to the files.

This combined with 1 & 2 means that I'm having to restore a library backup.

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 08:54:50 pm »

Huh...that's peculiar: it's working now. Before, it was saying something about the file not being found.

Matt speaks, and all is right again.

Youtube isn't working for me in Theater View for several videos.  It's hit or miss, about 50/50.  Broken for 19.0.146 and 152.  I don't use it much so couldn't say how long it has been broken.

"Failed to find or open file. (hr=0x80004005)"

Was trying to watch Weird Al's new videos, if anyone wants to test with those.

tyler69

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2014, 05:09:34 am »

I have a question and possibly a request: By DSDx1 you mean DoP right? As I can't find DSDx1 native in Output options. Is it possible to implement this output setting?

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 08:09:52 am »

Any chance to fix this?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90148.msg619542#msg619542

Could you send me a backup of the two libraries?  I'm matt at jriver dot com.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 11:11:11 am »

I use Media Center to DJ and VJ, thus, I run with the display "detached" and projected onto a screen in the venue. For Audio tracks I project a simple Track Info visualization which includes the album cover, and videos well, just show the videos.

The problem is transitioning between the end of a video and the start of the audio track: Instead of seamlessly and directly transitioning, the default visualization (a large version of the Media Center logo - blue play button with silver control buttons surrounding it) screen is displayed for 3 to 4 seconds before showing the desired Track Info with album cover visualization. It makes me look really unprofessional  :(

This has been a problem for several versions, but I find I'm having a burst of Media Center activity so I'm posting it finally.

Thanks,
Jeff

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 12:39:21 pm »

3.  It seems that Media Center has not been updating [Description] tags in my files (and possibly others) as they have been changed, even though it is set to write those changes to the files.

This combined with 1 & 2 means that I'm having to restore a library backup.

Do you happen to know when this was introduced (particularly # 3) ?  Which prior version is free of the problem ?  Thanks.

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 03:02:34 pm »

Do you happen to know when this was introduced (particularly # 3) ?  Which prior version is free of the problem ?  Thanks.
I don't, I only know that when I accidentally ran "update library from tags" (without being prompted to confirm the action) a lot of my [Description] tags were replaced with old data.

I do know that it's been a problem since March, if not earlier. (just checked the import date on one of the albums I remembered having this problem)

zenmastering

• Recent member
CD-Text extraction not displaying Latin characters
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2014, 12:52:59 am »

Hi,

In the 'Rip CD' window, I notice that accented Latin characters are not displayed and actually deleted from the displayed text.

e.g. - "Besamé Mucho" becomes "Besam Mucho"

This looks like MC is using an ISO646, 7-bit character set to decode the cd-text on the disc, as opposed to ISO8859-1.

The same CD shows up correctly when imported into workstations (Pyramix, WaveLab and Sequoia) as well as Plextor's PlexTools and several CD-text equipped CD-players.

I love using MC as a playback tool in the studio, so please fix this :->

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 11:28:23 am »

I have a question and possibly a request: By DSDx1 you mean DoP right? As I can't find DSDx1 native in Output options. Is it possible to implement this output setting?

Next build:
NEW: Added 1x DSD output encoding using ASIO.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2014, 11:36:38 am »

I use Media Center to DJ and VJ, thus, I run with the display "detached" and projected onto a screen in the venue. For Audio tracks I project a simple Track Info visualization which includes the album cover, and videos well, just show the videos.

The problem is transitioning between the end of a video and the start of the audio track: Instead of seamlessly and directly transitioning, the default visualization (a large version of the Media Center logo - blue play button with silver control buttons surrounding it) screen is displayed for 3 to 4 seconds before showing the desired Track Info with album cover visualization. It makes me look really unprofessional  :(

This has been a problem for several versions, but I find I'm having a burst of Media Center activity so I'm posting it finally.

Thanks,
Jeff

I'm not able to reproduce this.  It can show a logo temporarily as it loads the track info page, but this isn't distracting (in my opinion).

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2014, 01:05:24 pm »

It appears as though as of this build, the playlist Recently Imported is no longer working again.  Files are there if you look at audio->files but never show up in Recently Imported or any other playlist unless specifically assigned.  Prior to this version it was working fine and had been for some time.  I reported a similar failure a few months ago, which later mysteriously fixed itself.

--Bill

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2014, 01:22:51 pm »

It appears as though as of this build, the playlist Recently Imported is no longer working again.  Files are there if you look at audio->files but never show up in Recently Imported or any other playlist unless specifically assigned.  Prior to this version it was working fine and had been for some time.  I reported a similar failure a few months ago, which later mysteriously fixed itself.

--Bill

It's working here.  Tips to reproduce?
Pages: [1]   Go Up