INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.71 Beta  (Read 18935 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.71 Beta
« on: December 01, 2005, 06:12:05 pm »

This is a beta version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 Beta is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111071.exe

11.1.71 (12/1/05)

1. Fixed: On a fresh install, the Media Center SDK (com object) would not get registered.
2. Changed: iPod right click 'Volume Adjustment' option allows a volume increase or decrease during playback on iPod if Soundcheck is disabled. When SoundCheck is enabled on iPod, this setting is ignored and the MC Replay Gain value is applied.
3. Fixed: Network share files wouldn't always play / import properly. (introduced in build 65)
4. NEW: Media Center natively plays m4a files through its audio engine when the appropriate filters are installed. (enabling cross-fading, ASIO, visualizations, etc.)
5. Changed: Slight re-arrangement of CD options page for clarity (and renamed from "Devices" to "CD").
6. Changed: Improved messaging (guidance) provided and added ability to restore from backup if libraries fail to load.

11.1.70 (12/1/05)

1. Fixed: When starting a handheld sync from the view header, the status column wouldn't update right away to show the upload status.
2. Changed: Starting handheld syncs from the Action Window or view header will both show progress for the transfer in the Action Window.
3. Fixed: Artwork sizes for iPod Nano and iPod 5g were not being loaded properly -- causing artwork to look wrong. (if you see this, reinitialize the iPod to fix)

11.1.69 (12/1/05)

1. Fixed: Customized Podcast feeds could get replaced by the default feeds on the first run.
2. Fixed: Podcast files that hadn't been downloaded were not playable. (must delete files from Podcast and let the reappear to fix)

11.1.67 (11/30/05)

1. NEW: Audible transfers; Added dialog box to Activate Portable Device if needed during Audible file transfers.
2. Fixed: Did not properly purge Podcast episodes based on orphan file count or orphan MB used.
3. Fixed: Media Center MP3 playback no longer hiccups when playing spliced / or slightly invalid MP3 files that have rewind overflows.
4. Changed: Windows MCE remote (and other remotes that send messages directly to the focused window) work in all Media Center views instead of just standard view.
5. Optimized: Improved file transfer method for iPod and drive based devices to improve speed and minimize file fragmentation.
6. Changed: Some stock Podcast feeds appear by default.
7. Optimized: Ipod artwork database is written and compacted in a much more efficient manner, removing any lags previously caused by fragmentation.
8. Fixed: If Media Center was improperly shut down (system crash, etc.) while Library Browser was visible, the library could fail to load on MC restart in some cases.
9. NEW: Media Center automatically creates library backups every 3 days, and also creates monthly images. (and intelligently cleans up old backups)

11.1.66 (11/29/05)

1. NEW: Greatly improved support and performance for Creative Zen Touch and other "All Content" style WMDM devices.
2. NEW: A List of Default Podcasts can be configured by right-clicking on "Podcasts" in the tree control.
3. NEW: Album Art support for iPod Video.
4. Fixed: Media Center would not install over an old installation if the shell extensions were used to play a file.
5. Fixed: Standard view could not show TV video.
6. Fixed: Media Center starts up much faster now when Podcasts are Configured.
7. Changed: The MP3 encoder is downloaded automatically if it isn't installed and is needed.
8. Fixed: Simultaneous conversion threads setting for handheld uploads was not being honored. (was always using 2)
9. Fixed: Dropping on the root of Media Library would show a confirmation dialog box. (even though no tag changes were being made)
10. Changed: Image playback no longer uses the "hardware style" previous button. (where it jumps to the beginning of a tracks playback)
11. Fixed: Pressing the display next / previous buttons during image + music playback would not scroll through the images if there were more than 500 images in the slideshow.
12. Changed: When starting an image slideshow from the paused state, MC switches images right away.
13. Fixed: Opening MP3 files in Media Editor could cause a crash.
14. Fixed: When doing a sync with "delete files not in sync" set, missing files could cause problems with what files were cleaned from the device.
15. Changed: Moved Podcasts to show underneath Media Library. (by Web Media)
16. NEW: Added a "Playlists" view header with "Add Playlist" and "Add Smartlist" buttons.
17. NEW: Reworked the "Optimize picture quality" algorithm to produce more subtle and pleasing results. (configurable in Options > Playback > Configure Image Playback...)
18. Changed: Better autodetection of the AvelLink player.
19. Fixed: Importing MIDI files could cause a floating point overflow.
20. NEW: Video support for iPod video.
21. NEW: Podcast download and purge parameters can now be configured via the Options menu.
22. NEW: Added stock smartlists to playlist tree.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
Re: Media Center 11.1.71 Beta
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 07:45:47 pm »

Hello developers,

first I haveto excuse my bad english but I hope it is possible to understand what I'm talking about.

I'm using Media Center from the beginning and it is marvelous whats going on with this peace of softw. ...thank You

In the latest beta I tried..11.1.71...the cd burning feature only burns the first track of my list...dunnot know if you need my comp. setup...or any other info...please tell me and I'll post it.

second thing I'd wish to note is just another few wishes...I know here is not the right place for it but maybe you would read this few lines more.

I'm using mc every day have about 80000 tracks ripped and using it in a live enviroment for my pub/club to play the background music...wonderful...but:

1.why wouldn't you give the program a "one button" feature to preview single files in another "zone" the "feature is jet inclueded in mc by supporting different zones but why not supporting to "previev" songs? I dunnot understand that.

2. in the rename requestor it would be wonderful to preview and example of the files selected and beeing renamed..to know wht will be going n if I press okay...also it would be nice to have there a "save" option to store my setting for example...samplers, singles, normal CD, heringbooks etc.

3. The replay gain is a nice thing, but isn't it possible to do something  that is compatible with other prg's and devices..like mp3gain ? (just a question)

4. I hate, while working with your software, that if I select on the left side another tree I cannot go back to the position I was before if I switch back to the old tree...in the search function it would also be wonderful to last my "search explanation" in there...how often did it happen that i was in playing now...typed a diffic. search in and then recognized that I forgot to switch to my lybrary.

5. It would be wonderful to have on the left hand side the possibillity to open more than one feature at once ...for example  a)edit the tags AND b) have the album pic shown

6. In the rename requestor (from tag or to tag) it would be a nice feature to have beneath the dialouge a list of "fields" or "special carcters" to drop via mouse into the fields [maybe also nice for the search fields]

7. I'm using mc with a lot of german songs and artist and i think in scandinavia etc. the feature would also be welcomed...the sort of "A, The" in front of the artists songs etc. could be expanded to a ...config file that is possible to be edited by the user cause here in Germany we have also "Der,Die,Das" or in spain or italy there are other words.

8. A fuzzy search for dups would be nice to see songs that have only the difference of 1 or 2 caracters in the album, artist or songname tag...this would also be nice to find double ripped music that was expanded by the brackets with a number (1) or (2)

and I have dozents of other thing but this is the most wished *lol*...we have Xmas this month.

okay I'll shut up now

PS: thanxs a lot anyway

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 08:56:15 pm »

OK, I've finally taken the bait and updated to 11.1 on my system.

Just a couple of things thus far;

1) My Visualization that I creadted no longer shows my cover art, I created it in Visualization Studio, but when I went to try to edit it, it apears Vis Studio has been removed... is this correct
This is the section of the .mjv file that isn't working, any suggestions as to why the cover art doesn't display (worked fine in 11.0)?

Code: [Select]
<MJV Version="1.0">
<Component GUID="36267E6D-70E1-435e-9E2A-428EEA2D3C7E" Name="Flush">
<Properties>
<OnEquation>on=1</OnEquation>
<Color>0x000000</Color>
<Rectangle>0,0,1,1</Rectangle>
<FlushEquation>f=1;</FlushEquation>
</Properties>
</Component>
<Component GUID="63B96C06-29A4-4de2-9A9D-9F3E08F8C014" Name="Image">
<Properties>
<OnEquation>on=1</OnEquation>
<ImageFile>COVER_ART</ImageFile>
<RenderDelayMilliseconds>0</RenderDelayMilliseconds>
<RenderDuration>0</RenderDuration>
<MainRectangle>0,0,0.5,1</MainRectangle>
<MaintainAspectRatio>1</MaintainAspectRatio>
<ImageChangeEquation></ImageChangeEquation>
</Properties>
</Component>

2) Are there any plans to add Podcasts to0 theater view?  My main HTPC is always runing theater view, so I'd like really like to see podcast functionality is some form added if possible.

Cheers
Richard

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 09:34:10 pm »

Also, any other file formats that you would like to be played natively in MC?

WavPack would be nice.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 12:56:48 am »

2. Changed: iPod right click 'Volume Adjustment' option allows a volume increase or decrease during playback on iPod if Soundcheck is disabled. When SoundCheck is enabled on iPod, this setting is ignored and the MC Replay Gain value is applied

When using Replay Gain (Soundcheck 'ON'), does it also take the volume adjustments into account: 'fixed' or 'automatic based on current playlist'?
Or is there a volume adjustment because of the Soundcheck being switched on?

Just trying to understand how it works.

Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 01:46:35 am »

- I can't seem to play any streaming radio:
eg : http://64.236.34.196:80/stream/1074/~~~stream~~~.mp3
http://64.236.34.196:80/stream/1003/~~~stream~~~.mp3
http://www.di.fm/mp3/classictechno96k.pls

- If I add notes on a Podcast, they dissapear again when navigating away from it

- If connecting my Archos Jukebox while MC is already open, it is not detected.
I have to close MC and re-open it to be able to sync
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 09:40:13 am »

Media Center Has Crashed Like 3 Times in the past two days when trying to store cover art.

It seems to happen when 57,000+ cover art files are stored in the cover art folder.

I am guessing that is the limit of windows with nt formating

at that point MC left temp files in all the folders (about 6,000 files) like this

1948-01-27 (1387) - Hop Harrigan - Airline Protection Racket #4.mp3.XXXXXX

also MC will give a "Out Of Memory" error box

BTW this has nothing to do with my plug-ins, this is thru add image in MC
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 10:14:45 am »

I tried to use this rule in the cover art path

C:\Cover Art\Mid([Artist], 0, 1)\[Artist]\

It did not work

C:\Cover Art\[Artist]\

Does Not Work

(Trying to Limit The Number Of Images In A Folder)
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 10:58:58 am »

In the latest beta I tried..11.1.71...the cd burning feature only burns the first track of my list...dunnot know if you need my comp. setup...or any other info...please tell me and I'll post it.
Please reply to my post in the other thread called "MC 11.1.71 Beta CD burn problems" (rpalmer68 too)

Thanks!
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 02:01:17 pm »

- I can't seem to play any streaming radio:
eg : http://64.236.34.196:80/stream/1074/~~~stream~~~.mp3
http://64.236.34.196:80/stream/1003/~~~stream~~~.mp3
http://www.di.fm/mp3/classictechno96k.pls

Did these ever work? They stopped with the latest build? Sometime in the last 10 builds maybe?

j

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 06:10:03 pm »

3. Fixed: Network share files wouldn't always play / import properly. (introduced in build 65)

I can confirm that playback from shares is working again - thanks for fixing this!

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 08:53:26 pm »

V 11.1.71

Insert a CD, MC asks if I would like to Take No Action, Play, or Rip the CD.  I choose Rip and it says gathering information and updating view, but the view doesn't change.  I still have to manually click the Rip CD button in the action window or click on the drive in the tree.
Also, when I insert another CD after the first, it does not continue ripping.  If I click on 'Click Here to Restart Ripping' I get an error message that says "There are no tracks available to rip.  Please ensure an audio CD is in the drive and that tracks are selected."  I click "OK" but that error keeps popping up until I close the Rip CD Action Window.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2005, 03:27:34 am »

Did these ever work? They stopped with the latest build? Sometime in the last 10 builds maybe?

j

I don't think they worked for the last .. builds.
They do work with other programs
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2005, 08:11:48 am »

I Tried To Add More Images Last Night Without Having MC Copy Art To The "Cover Art" Folder.

MC Sometime In The Night Complained That It Ran Out Of Memory, Then MC Crashed.

When You reboot The Images MC Did Store Are no Longer "Inside" Per The Database. A "Update Library From Tags" Will Let The Database Know There Is Art Inside And MC Will Make The Correction.

Seems To be A Memory Leak?

Note: This Was With 75,000+ MP3 Files i think it stoped about 4,000+ left
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2005, 12:47:30 pm »

Is it possible that "Clear Selection" in the library view is broken?

lOth

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2005, 02:55:23 pm »

MC can't seem to remember the Archos AV420 I've added as a handheld device. Although the external drive appears under My Computer in the navigation tree, MC keeps telling me that the device is not connected when I click 'handheld device' in the AW.

Just to be sure, while MC couldn't 'see' the Archos, I've tried to add it as a new device (the external drive letter had not changed in the meantime), and it worked.

Also, when I manage to connect to the device, transfer is a memory hog (my computer is on the verge of freezing) and is slower than in Windows Explorer.

Strange.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2005, 05:01:00 pm »

Play button in theater view

When I have the option "Play Visible Files" set for the play button under general options and I press the Play button (on my remote) with a file highlightes, the file starts playing as expected but I get a "Warning" message box come up saying "There is nothing to play" and I then have to click OK.  This can be a file in the existing Playing Now List or a new file.

If I change the option to "Play Playing Now", highlght a file and press Play, the playing now queue is replaced with the files in the current pane and the currently selected one is played. (What I would expect "Play Visible" to do)

This doesn't seem to follow what's written in the help screen, and I'm sure the message box isn't suppoed to come up either.

Running 11.1.71

Cheers
Richard

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 08:28:20 am »

Just an update

it seems the problem only happens if your using Norton system utilities, and it uses all of the disk space up for the Norton protected recycle bin.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

LonWar

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 06:26:16 pm »

Initialize Ipod.... It says you will lose all your data, and no data is visible in MC, but it doesn't free up the disc space?

-

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005, 06:58:45 pm »

I'm still unable to rip CDs or convert files.  When will this be fixed?

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 08:01:22 pm »

I've been having a small problem with the past few builds (sorry, I don't remember exactly when it started).

I use Library Server, and whenever I connect to my server the Now Playing list always comes up as a list of my Audible titles. In the past it would come up as the same Now Playing list that is currently configured on my Server.

Ooh, I just had a thought, maybe it's coming up with what's in the other Zone. I'll have to check that. Which brings up the question, how can I can the Server to use a particular Zone for what is sent to the clients?

Thanks.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2005, 06:24:19 am »

Whenever you "Customize Current View" in the list, no matter how many times you delete the package presets, they come back the next time you customize the view.

Also, it seems, and for quite some time now, that the tooltip over the tray icon truncates long strings. Makes it quite hard to see what it playing on mouse over.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

LonWar

Re: Media Center 11.1.71 Beta -- Library Browser
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2005, 08:36:23 am »

Hello.... I have been playing around with the Library browser lately and not sure if this is a bug or not.

Pick A Genre
Then Pick a Artist
Then Pick an album.

Now if I want to see all the Artist's or Albums, I have to click on Genre and select albums or artists.
ALso the Clear function in the Browser does not seem to do anything
-

SteveG

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2005, 01:23:11 pm »

Just to be sure, while MC couldn't 'see' the Archos, I've tried to add it as a new device (the external drive letter had not changed in the meantime), and it worked.

Did it continue to work after you closed and reopened MC?

Initialize Ipod.... It says you will lose all your data, and no data is visible in MC, but it doesn't free up the disc space?

You must have files that are not in the 'Music' folder on iPod. MC will not wipe those out. If you want to have everything removed, try running iPod updater.

When using Replay Gain (Soundcheck 'ON'), does it also take the volume adjustments into account

No, on iPod these settings are mutually exclusive.

- If connecting my Archos Jukebox while MC is already open, it is not detected.
I have to close MC and re-open it to be able to sync

If WMP does not recognize your Archos Jukebox, that explains why it is not autodetected. We can try to improve the detection of devices that do not support WMDM (which is the case if WMP does not recognize the device).

LonWar

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2005, 02:47:04 pm »

You must have files that are not in the 'Music' folder on iPod. MC will not wipe those out. If you want to have everything removed, try running iPod updater.

No, I only have music on my Ipod.
-

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2005, 04:37:13 pm »

I continue to have the issue that when I try to rip a CD, after it recognizes the CD and gathers info about it (either via Internet or via asking me to input it), ripping does not begin -- I am just put back to the main screen. Then I have to click on Rip CD in the AW to get it to start.

This is true even now that I've gotten a new computer and installed MC on it.

SteveG

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2005, 04:52:51 pm »

No, I only have music on my Ipod.

What does Windows Explorer claim as the available space on your iPod after the initialize from in MC?  If there is still a lot of used space, remove the 'Music' folder from your iPod (back it up on your PC). How much space is available then? If a bunch is used up, find where it is and remove whatever extraneous files are using up your space.

When you initialize the iPod, MC only wipes out the contents of the 'Music' folder on iPod and then resets the database accordingly. If you have artwork, it removes that as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up