INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.11 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 13658 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.11 for Windows -- Available here
« on: October 01, 2015, 07:23:13 am »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210011.exe

21.0.11 (9/30/2015)

1. Changed: Put a dash in the naming of Linkwitz-Riley.
2. Changed: Reworked the w64 changes from the previous build.
3. Changed: Setting the playback range for a file automatically sets the duration of the file to reflect that change.
4. Fixed: Stopping playback by clearing Playing Now with a big pre-buffer set and a fadeout on stop mode set would hang a little while.
5. Changed: Made some adjustments to the way borders are handled to resolve a compatibility issue with custom skins, and reduced the height of the resizing zone for the bottom border.
6. Fixed: The EPG scheduling time controls were not grayed out when Load Program Guide window was initially displayed with "Automatically load program guide everyday in the background" checkbox unchecked.
7. Changed: On Load Program Guide window, if none of the guide loading modes is selected, the "Run selected profiles now" checkbox will be grayed out.
8. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
9. NEW: RIFF Metadata Tags in W64 files are imported into the library.
10. Changed: Added more diagnostic logging entries for TV recording cleanup.
11. Changed: Marked the strings "Parameters" and "Examples" in the expression tooltip for translation.
12. Changed: Marked the string "Max" for translation in the CD burning options page.
13. Changed: Ran all the translation files through the source code translation engine to update the strings in the file.
14. Fixed: The "Set As Desktop Background" dialog didn't scale nicely on high DPI.
15. NEW: Added a right-click menu to the Car Radio buttons that offers a choice of how many buttons to show.

21.0.10 (9/24/2015)

1. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
2. NEW: Added a Linkwitz-Riley filter to Parametric Equalizer.
3. Changed: When creating a particle with a playback range the range will be used to update the duration (instead of keeping the duration the length of the entire clip).
4. Fixed: An STB TV channel played on a client could be silent.
5. Fixed: A rare crash involving the explorer.
6. Fixed: Taskbar buttons didn't work when MC was run as administrator.
7. Changed: Added a warning to remind users to run EPG loading tool after Auto Grouping is done.
8. NEW: When a user sets up two or more profiles that share the same EPG channel lineup, a popup message box is shown to offer to group channels.
9. Changed: Marked the secure rip report strings for translation.
10. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
11. Changed: Updated the Print Preview window to work nicely with high DPI.
12. Fixed: Printing checks for the no printer condition before opening the dialog and shows an error if that state is found (it was crashing).
13. Changed: Renamed the toolbar button from "Navigation" to "Favorites" (since it's all about favorites).
14. Fixed: Made the quick search box size properly on high DPI.
15. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.66.
16. Fixed: The 3D tunnel visualization could stall when playing a file that didn't have many impacts.
17. Changed: MC will be slightly more aggressive in filtering out duplicate programs when doing subscription recordings on all channels.
18. Fixed: A filename with the type w64 would get treated differently than a file with the type wav.
19: Fixed: DLNA: MC's renderer was posting the wrong STOP command which was causing a long delay eventing the STOP when the Audio setting for STOP was FADEOUT
20. Fixed: Television setup wizard did not save the "The tuner is capable of DVB-T2/S2/C2" checkbox state properly.
21. NEW: Ctrl+D opens DSP Studio.

21.0.9 (9/19/2015)

1. Changed: On television setup's mc2xml settings page, the provider token control is changed from an edit box to a combo box, which is filled with previously setup provider tokens.  The current hardware profile name is entered as a suggested name.  Added more details to the instruction text too.
2. Changed: Renamed the Restore and Maximize buttons for the Pearl Bailey skin because they were reversed.
3. Changed: Changed ordering of some television setup pages so that remote control activation page and IR learning page are not far apart.
4. Changed: Added the strings 44,100 Hz, etc. to the translatable phrases list.
5. Fixed: The small icon for the Playing From item would go away when picking a translation.
6. Changed: Added a space between the number and number label in a few places in the code.
7. Fixed: Television recording on STB channels could be silent.
8. Fixed: Playing audio in multiple zones simultaneously could crash since 21.0.7.
9. Changed: Tweaked flushing and presenting in 3D rendering for Theater View to avoid it freezing, testing appreciated.

21.0.8 (9/17/2015)

1. Fixed: Television setup EPG loading mode selection was not pre-selected on fresh new setup since we integrated mc2xml.
2. Changed: Tweaked the resizing that happens on the top border of the player.
3. Fixed: The reporting of the DSD sample rate was only fixed if the player was sending DoP but not if it was bitstreaming native DSD.
4. Changed: Extended the range of the bitdepth simulator in the PEQ to 2-32 bits.
5. Changed: When the Analyze Audio dialog opens the keyboard focus will be on the "Analyze" button.
6. Fixed: When picking a scale bigger than 100%, the tree would truncate the images instead of growing its size.
7. Changed: Updated the SoundTouch library used in the Tempo/Pitch/Rate DSP and VideoClock functionality.
8. Fixed: On "Manage Channels" window clicking "Auto Group" button did nothing when there are two sets of Set-top box channels using the same channel lineup.
9. Fixed: Television setup wizard saved an empty EPG loading profile.
10. Fixed: Video Playback properly flushes the DSP engine when seeking.
11. Changed: The word "Drive" can be translated in the CD, DVD, & BD options page.
12. Changed: Added the option "Show 'Recently Imported' when clicking on 'Details' when an import finishes" to optionally not show the recently imported playlist.
13. Changed: Standardized the buttons on the image editor to "Apply" and "Cancel" (so removed some buttons like 'Remove Red Eye' and 'Heal').
14. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
15. Fixed: Television setup did not work (in build 21.0.7) when choosing mc2xml or XMLTV for EPG for non-STB and non-CableCARD channels.
16. Changed: Sped up search results.

21.0.7 (9/14/2015)

1. NEW: Added optional full strength TPDF Dithering in the audio engine (Options > Audio > Advanced > Dither Mode).
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. Changed: When running television setup, mc2xml will no longer be executed twice, once for channels once for guide.  Now only one run (unless there is a failure) will be needed, even if there are multiple types of channels to be setup (with identical channel lineup).
4. Fixed: Accepted search suggestions weren't always working.
5. Changed: The sample rate of DSD when bitstreaming will be reported more correctly by the player (it was showing the rate it would become if it became PCM).
6. Changed: Switched the spacebar in Theater View to always play what's selected instead of only playing if playback was stopped.
7. Changed: Made the ideal width of a small image column a little wider.
8. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).

21.0.6 (9/10/2015)

1. Fixed: Television shows that were 5 minutes or shorter were not presented in guide.
2. Fixed: The height of tiles in a list didn't scale properly for high DPI.
3. Fixed: When loading STB or CableCARD channels, mc2xml could fail repeatedly.
4. Changed: Added instructions on television setup regarding mc2xml "data source" selection (Standard vs. TitanTV).
5. NEW: Multiple mc2xml EPG loading methods can be setup, one for each provider selected ("digital terrestrial lineup", "digital cable", etc.).
6. Changed: Relaxed postal code checking on television property page.
7. NEW: For playback you can select "Ask at playback time" and MC will ask if you want to play internally or launch a program.
8. Changed: When showing search suggestions in the Television view, it will look at both recordings and the EPG (previously it only looked at the EPG).
9. Fixed: Search suggestions could show duplicated values in rare cases.
10. Changed: Made the name field in the database search like all the other fields so that typing a part of the name will give that name as a suggestion (please report any issues).
11. Fixed: Multi-monitor support was broken.

21.0.5 (9/9/2015)

1. Fixed: The detached display would maximize to the wrong size on mixed DPI multiple monitor configurations.
2. Fixed: Automatic EPG loading with mc2xml did not work for countries where postal codes consist of two parts separated by space (UK, Canada, Ireland, etc.).
3. Changed: Television recording rules that have invalid program ID or channel ID will not be automatically deleted.  They will just be marked as such, so users may choose to fix them manually.
4. Changed: When scheduling or editing an existing scheduled time-based TV recording, the channel drop-box will no longer be disabled.
5. Changed: MC will try finding new bda or WDM TV tuner devices each time it tries to load a tuner for playback or recording.
6. Fixed: Playing a DVB TV channel on a client might fail.
7. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
8. Fixed: The TiVo Server Options dialog could truncate on some displays.
9. Fixed: Settings were not getting restored when restoring a library backup (build 21.0.4 only).
10. Fixed: The 'Server Stopped' message from the TiVo server wasn't translatable.
11. Changed: Updated the 'New / Improved This Version' link in the help menu to point to the version 21 thread.
12. NEW: Added the expression function Translate(...) to give a string to the translation engine.
13. Changed: The text on a list like Gold by Abba can now translate the by string that's in between the artist and album.
14. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 21.0.11 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 07:27:33 am »

Just a note that if you have w64 files imported, you'll want to do right-click > Library Tools > Update Library (from tags) on the files so that we can load the additional metadata.

RD James

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 07:46:53 am »

Reducing the car radio count deletes playlists instead of only displaying that many playlists.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 07:56:47 am »

Reducing the car radio count deletes playlists instead of only displaying that many playlists.

Next build:
Changed: Picking a smaller number of Car Radio buttons no longer deletes the playlists above that number.  It'll leave them so if you set the count higher they'll come back.

Vrto

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 05:18:00 pm »

Hello.

Starting with version 21.0.9 DSP Studio is not working change the sampling rate . Does not change any frequency.
Sorry for my illiterate English.  ::)

Audionut11

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 06:35:51 am »

Bug:  Add Linkwitz-Riley.  Deselect the added Linkwitz-Riley filter does nothing.  Filter must be removed for filter to cease function.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 12:40:45 pm »

installed 21.0.11 exactly the same as all the other versions (same folder, etc.)

on PC restart, 21.0.11 comes up

however, if i exit MC for any reason and click the desktop shortcut (which simply points to MC21.exe) 21.0.6 always opens!

i reinstalled and MC redid the shortcuts!  but it still goes to 21.0.6 (again, only if i exit MC then restart it.  if i restart the PC then 21.0.11 starts)

i will test further!

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 03:16:02 pm »

I noticed that my post ...

Your post wasn't deleted, it was split into another thread because it called for discussion: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100712

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 05:23:36 pm »

Bug:  Add Linkwitz-Riley.  Deselect the added Linkwitz-Riley filter does nothing.  Filter must be removed for filter to cease function.

You're right.  We'll try to get that fixed for the next build.

Coming next build:
Fixed: Unchecking a Linkwitz-Riley filter wouldn't stop it from processing.

wer

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 01:46:50 pm »

[BUG] Play silence at startup not always respected

MC 21.0.11, Windows 7x64

When using certain output devices (such as HDMI), the first few notes of a song might be cutoff due to the hardware not being ready.  Fortunately due to the great people at JRiver, MC has a setting to fix this problem, Options->Audio->Settings->Play silence at startup for hardware syncronization: n seconds

The bug is that this setting is sometimes ignored when playback begins, and then the initial notes are cut off.  The bug only seems to occur when playing in Theater View.

[Steps to Reproduce]
The bug manifests itself in normal use, but it can be provoked with the following steps. 

Begin by setting the amount of silence to some conspicuously large number, like 6 seconds, so that you won't be unsure as to whether it's being skipped or not.
Now enter Theater View, and select a song for playback, and proceed with the following steps:

1. Press play.  (You should hear your long delay, and then the music will start normally.)
2. Press Stop.
3. Wait a few seconds, so you're not worried you're rushing things.
4. Repeat beginning with step 1.

After just a few iterations of this, you will notice that your long delay does not happen, and that the music starts immediately when you press Play.  When this happens, you will see the word "Play" flash in the center of the screen.  The word Play does NOT flash when the length of silence is respected.

[Commentary]
I have tried repeating this in standard view, and the bug never seems to occur.  Only in Theater View.
I have tested on 2 different Windows 7x64 PCs, using both WASAPI and ASIO.  The problem is the same under all circumstances.

Because the silence at startup seems to be completely ignored, lengthening the setting further does not help, so there is no workaround.  When the setting is not ignored, the feature works perfectly in syncing up the hardware for playback.

Could someone please try to reproduce and confirm?  A fix in the next release would be appreciated!  Thanks...

wer

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 01:48:56 pm »

[BUG] Artwork not displayed correctly in certain list styles in Theater View
MC 21.0.11

In one of the list styles in Theater View, artwork is not displayed properly; a blank space is displayed instead.

I apologize for not knowing the correct name of this list style, so I'll use a picture.  Here's a photo of my top level Genre view.  (Defined as Genre->Album Artist(auto)->Album)

As you can see, in each row, artist art is filled in starting from the right.

Now, if I decend one level to select particular Genre (it doesn't matter which one, I'll pick Jazz), I see this:

Images are bizarrely sitting by themselves out to the left, with blank space to the right.  This would appear to be erroneous display of artwork.

Finally, if you go back a level to the top, you will find that it is now corrupted with blank spaces as well.

[Commentary]
First, since the content of the next level down is Albums, one would expect it to be displaying Album images lined up, but it is still displaying artist images instead.
Second, there shouldn't be blank space interspersed.  It should be a right-justified solid row of artwork.  The blank space is a placeholder for the missing album.  If there are 7 albums for a particular artist, the first image shows in the 7th space from the right, but the other six spaces are empty.  Artists with only 1 album are displayed correctly, all the way to the right.

Tried on multiple machines/skins/themes; same result.

Can this be fixed?  As it is, this particular list style doesn't really look nice enough to use.  Other list styles work perfectly.

Thanks!

(p.s. I've moved these two reports into this thread after confirming they were still present on the 21.0.11 release.)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 02:01:25 pm »

Hi wer, I just can't reproduce your Theater View cover art problem at all.

For me, once I drill into a genre the art lines up nicely on the right side.

Do you have funny values in the "Image File" field for the files maybe?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 02:04:33 pm »

I can't duplicate it either.

Customized Theater View?

I'll move this to a new thread.

wer

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 02:37:25 pm »

Hi Guys,

No, nothing funny in the tags.  The albums show up fine in all other views.

The theater view is not "custom" in an way that I can think of, other than editing the view definition a bit; I just installed this instance of MC21.  I'd be glad to share the full definition of the view if you want.  But the view doesn't matter; if I use Toggle List Style on any of the other views to get to the same style, I can get the same effect.  I have tried different skins, and that doesn't matter either.

I'll be glad to provide any files or specific info you want.

(Also please don't miss seeing the silence bug I posted above; sorry to pile on with two!)

wer

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 02:41:43 pm »

For this view:

Library field: Genre(ascending/match any)
Library field: Album Artist(auto) (ascending)
Library field: Album (ascending)
Set rules for file display: empty/no modification

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 03:37:38 pm »

[BUG] Play silence at startup not always respected

I just can't reproduce this one.  Starting from a stopped state in Theater View always plays the startup silence.

Is it possible you're sitting in a paused state instead of a stopped state when you start playback?

wer

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 04:02:09 pm »

Anything is possible, but that would be the bug of Ctrl-S entering a paused state instead of stopped.  I have tried using the keyboard as well as the remote.

It doesn't do it on the first try.  Usually by the 4th or 5th iteration it's skipping the pause.  And remember, this is slow: I'm waiting 7 or 8 seconds after hitting ctrl-s before hitting play.

Under what circumstances exactly does the word Play flash in the middle of the screen, according to your program logic?  That's the indicator of when it is malfunctioning.

wer

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 04:10:01 pm »

I just tested for your paused state possibility, and I don't think so.  The visual indication in theater mode is that it's stopped (name display switches formats, progress bar disappears).  Also, if after hitting ctrl-s, I hit escape to exit theater mode and look at the main status area, it shows stopped, with no track in progress.

Also, once the bug starts happening, it keeps happening until I exit theater view or switch to a different track, and no matter how many times I hit ctrl-s, the problem is unaffected.

But again, when the bug occurs, and only then, the word Play flashes in big letters in the center of my screen.  When does that happen?

wer

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 11:42:48 pm »

I just made a bit of a breakthough in tracking this down.

I installed MC21 (the 21.0.6 version from the main download page) onto a VMware virtual machine, that had never seen JRiver before.  So, a totally stock installation, no library import, no nothing.  I made zero changes to the default options.

I then imported a bunch of FLAC files (622, to be exact).

I was immediately able to reproduce the silence skipping problem, so that is confirmed.  VMware machines have primitive sound, so it was using the default directsound playback method.

Regarding the Theater View artwork problem, at first I was not able to reproduce it, no matter what I did, but then I found it.

After creating the AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Cover Art\Artists folder, I populated it with all my artist artwork.  I then restarted MC21, and in standard view, the artist artwork now showed normally.  When I then went into Theater View and into that particular list style, the artwork problem appeared!  It only happens when you have artist images present in that folder.

I'm hoping with this new info you'll be able to track this down...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 08:28:26 am »

I was immediately able to reproduce the silence skipping problem, so that is confirmed.  VMware machines have primitive sound, so it was using the default directsound playback method.

How are you starting playback from Theater View to make it skip the silence?  I'm hitting spacebar on a track and it just always plays the silence if it's in the stopped state.

wer

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 09:38:06 am »

I either use the HTPC remote control, or I use ctrl-s and ctrl-p on the keyboard.  I never use the spacebar.  Normally I would use the remote, but the keyboard produces the same results, and I have used the keyboard for testing so the remote wouldn't be a factor in troubleshooting.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 09:46:14 am »

I either use the HTPC remote control, or I use ctrl-s and ctrl-p on the keyboard.  I never use the spacebar.  Normally I would use the remote, but the keyboard produces the same results, and I have used the keyboard for testing so the remote wouldn't be a factor in troubleshooting.

I just tried on two computers here doing Ctrl+P and Ctrl+S and then again and again and it just always plays the startup silence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up