INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.58 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 13920 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.58 for Windows -- Available here
« on: March 15, 2016, 08:38:20 am »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210058.exe

21.0.58 (3/14/2016)

1. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.68.
2. Fixed: Standard view television EPG "Description", "Season", and "Episode" columns were mixed up since build 55.
3. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
4. Changed: You can move the mouse a little more between button down and button up and still register a click (especially on high DPI).
5. Changed: When a channel-changing call into Hauppauge's IRbast API fails, we will recreate and retry.
6. Changed: Changed how television guide grid in Theater View is updated when the Record button on the remote control is pressed.  The grid will no longer shift and put the selected cell at the corner.
7. Fixed: Some WMV/ASF video files would not import successfully.

21.0.57 (3/10/2016)

1. Fixed: Cover art "Get from Internet" could crash.

21.0.56 (3/9/2016)

1. Fixed: Smartlist editor leaked memory.
2. NEW: Support for Hauppauge's new HD PVR60 device.
3. Changed: In standard view, television EPG allows display of data for up to 21 days in the future (including current day) instead of only 17 days.
4. NEW: Support added for saving/restoring Media Center customized views to the JRiver "cloud" using the "Doctor Who" user login.  Use the "Also save to Doctor Who..." checkbox when saving a view.  There is a "Browse views on Doctor Who" option as well.

21.0.55 (3/9/2016)

1. NEW: Ctrl+Shift+Mouse Wheel will adjust the thumbnail size.
2. Fixed: The menu was too far right with the Thunderstorm skin.
3. Fixed: The maximize, minimize, and close buttons are placed better on the Thunderstorm skin.
4. NEW: Added a ListContains(...) expression function.
5. Changed: In standard television view the Season, episode columns, if displayed, are displayed before the Description column.
6. Fixed: Audio analysis could stall on some WAV files.
7. Changed: Removing cover art from items will reset the height and width fields.
8. Fixed: Playing a capture-only television channel on a client did not work.
9. Changed: The comment from a Podcast would still get added below a custom tooltip, but no longer does.
10. Fixed: The LFE low-pass when downmixing produced noise in some situations.

21.0.54 (3/1/2016)

1. Fixed: Ripped 3D Blu-ray movies were going to the wrong directory.
2. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
3. NEW: Added version 3 uPnP controller support. (fixes Jongo Pure T2 rendering control)
4. NEW: When subscribing to television shows, one can specify video quality preference (HD vs. SD) so MC will pick correct channel among channels that air the same show at the same time.
5. Changed: When HD or SD preference is not specified, MC will favor Favorite channels when dealing with subscription TV recordings.  For channels with identical favorite status, the custom channel ordering is used to pick a channel.

21.0.53 (2/29/2016)

1. Fixed: Theater View background images were not working reliably on Intel GPUs since 21.0.51.
2. NEW: Output Format DSP can lowpass the LFE/Subwoofer when downmixing, or exclude it from the downmix entirely.
3. Changed: Backed out the Ctrl + mouse wheel thumbnail size adjustment from 21.0.50 since it prevents multi-selection and scrolling in a view.

21.0.52 (2/25/2016)

1. Fixed: MCE remotes weren't working.

21.0.51 (2/25/2016)

1. Changed: Zone links are tied to the zone GUID instead of the zone ID (so linking to a DLNA device should work better).
2. Fixed: Case-only changes weren't being written to M4A/ALAC tags.
3. Fixed: Television recording folder could be erroneously reset to default without user input.
4. Fixed: Web media sites didn't live through a library backup / restore.
5. NEW: Subtitles in Red October HQ are rendered with more accurate timing using a dedicated subtitle rendering interface.
6. NEW: Added the option "Use gapless for manual track changes" to switch to gapless from whatever is configured when switching manually.
7. Changed: Confusing error message when "Next" was clicked in remote control options window, if you were missing a blaster capable "transceiver", it used the word "receiver" rather than "transceiver".
8. Changed: Mouse wheel will be honored over the volume slider in Theater View's Playing Now.
9. Changed: Mouse wheel will be honored over the position slider in Theater View's Playing Now.
10. Changed: Disabled D3D9Ex rendering in Theater View in favor of traditional D3D9 to potentially work-around hangs on some GPUs. Please report any new issues.
11. Changed: Made the mouse wheel over Theater View Playing Now's display area switch the display types.
12. Changed: Updated the Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).

21.0.50 (2/22/2016)

1. Fixed: The uninstaller could be a wacky size on high DPI monitors.
2. Changed: Setting up recording in Theater view with the record button on remote control will no longer cause the guide to reset to default position.  The selected show will remain selected and visible.
3. NEW: When setting up recording with the remote control record button, an on-screen overlay message will show the action just taken ("Record"/"Subscribe"/"Subscription canceled").
4. Changed: If a data file is played over library server and it's less than one megabyte, it will be downloaded locally and then played.
5. Changed: Doing a Cover Art > Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory on data files now works.
6. NEW: Slow-double click on tree items will rename them (if they're renamable).
7. Changed: Broken web links included with Media Center can be fixed without modifying the links.xml file.
8. Fixed: It was possible to configure a zone switch rule so that it was stopping the same zone that it was playing in (and that didn't make any sense).
9. Changed: Initialization of CableCARD TV channel playback is serialized to avoid hanging.
10. NEW: Ctrl + mouse wheel will adjust the thumbnail size in a list.
11. Changed: Made clicking the 'Report problem...' button in the Logging dialog close the window.
12. Fixed: Shuffling a playlist that was linked didn't update the other playlists in the link.

21.0.49 (2/18/2016)

1. Changed: If shuffle mode is enabled, when the current playlist completes it will reshuffle before continuing.
2. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
3. Fixed: Right-clicking on tab buttons (Back/Forward/Refresh) in standard view could crash.
4. Changed: Updated File Associations for SSIF (Stereoscopic Interleaved Files), a MPEG-TS variant
5. Fixed: Background EPG loading could be repeated every 20 minutes if the process took longer to complete.
6. Changed: MC will wake up the system in sleep to perform EPG loading tasks.
7. Changed MC will try preventing the system from going to sleep if there is an EPG loading task being performed or if there is going to be a TV recording or EPG loading within the next 30 seconds.
8. NEW: Middle-click on a tab header will roll through the list styles.

21.0.48 (2/12/2016)

1. Changed: It takes half as much flick to switch images as before.
2. NEW: In standard television EPG view, the date column display format is configurable.  Right click the Date column header to choose.  "All Programs" and "To Be Recorded" views share the same setting, and "Recordings" view is configured separately.
3. Fixed: "Get Movie & TV Info" lookup by Episode Name was broken in recent builds.
4. Changed: Updated the Chinese translation (thanks SunYanJun!).
5. Fixed: Using the Tag Action Window could crash.

21.0.47 (2/11/2016)

1. Changed: If a web link doesn't have a search URL specified, it will fall back to the base URL for navigation.
2. Changed: Reverted the web links version back to 1.2 so custom links won't be erased. Note: If you have custom links, in order to apply fixes made to broken links, you will need to select "Reset All Links To Default" from the Manage Links dialog.

21.0.46 (2/10/2016)

1. Fixed: Lists that didn't support grouping could still get grouped if the parent list was grouped.
2. Changed: Clicking a Blu-ray or DVD in Theater View will give a menu of choices instead of just playing.
3. Fixed: TV Subscription could record a show that had already been recorded, if the repeat airing had a different duration (typical of sports games).
4. Changed: The filename is no longer added to custom tooltips (customized with the Tooltip field).  Just add [Filename] if you want it.
5. NEW: "Season", "Episode", "Rule ID", and "Rule Name" can be optionally displayed in Standard view EPG views ("All Programs", "To Be Recorded", and "Recordings").  Default is to show them all.  Right-click any column header to choose which ones to display.  Also "Recording Rules" view show recording rule ID along side recording rule name.
6. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for file analysis and transcoding.
7. Changed: Greatly improved the quality of AAC audio in transcoded video files.
8. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
9. NEW: Theater View flow lists (stacks of rotated images) support the mouse wheel for scrolling.
10. Fixed: The Rotten Tomatoes link was broken. (Warning: if you have custom links, this change will erase them)
11. NEW: Added a Wikipedia link to the video section which will search for entries relating to a selected video title.
12. NEW: Videos with the subtype 'Music' can be looked up on the Get Movie & TV Info tool.
13. NEW: The 'Load / Save View' menu has a delete option to delete a given view.
14. NEW: Added a 3840x2160 UHD/4K preset for DLNA and Library Server client image conversion.
15. Fixed: Analyzer DSP would go away after loading a DSP preset at a track transition.
16. Fixed: Sometimes when ripping a compilation CD, tracks would go to separate folders rather than a single '(Multiple Artists)/<album name>' folder.
17. Changed: Television programs that are entirely covered in the padding of adjacent to be recorded programs will not be marked as "to be recorded".

21.0.45 (2/4/2016)

1. Changed: Added a time-out user configuration for EPG loading when running an external XMLTV application inside MC (previously we used a hard-coded 20 minutes value).
2. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
3. Changed: When playback is set for an external program on video files, thumbnailing still uses the internal engine (previously it wouldn't thumbnail).
4. Changed: Television entries in the database can be run through the Get Movie & TV Info... tool.
5. Changed: When picking "Fill Track Numbers From List Order" with only one track selected it will set the track number to one instead of complaining that two tracks need to be selected.
6. Fixed: When certain TV errors occurred, the tuner was not released properly.
7. (Possibly) Fixed: When multiple TV recordings start at the same time on CableCARD tuners MC could hang.
8. Changed: Files marked as "Short" can be looked up with the Get Movie & TV Info... tool.
9. NEW: Added an "Eject disc" command to the Theater View disc tool selection menu.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tonyyack

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 21.0.58 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 06:04:38 pm »

After upgrading from 21.0.50 to 58 the cube images playing from a playlist no longer change.   The album cube image for the first song appears and then remains for all songs.    Do I need to do something different in this upgrade?   Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 06:05:17 pm »

Did you try rebooting?

tonyyack

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 06:27:44 pm »

Yes.   And I just did it again.   No change.   I also noticed it happens when playing an album.   When the next album starts the imagine from the first album remains.  It's not a big deal.   I just have to remember that the first album or song has to be from a beautiful woman.

streamerguy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 01:54:29 am »

Since version 21.0.54 (also 21.0.58) the gui is very sluggish when I select my renderer (Marantz NA11S1). Every click in the gui takes forever.
Going back to 21.0.50 solves the issue.

arin

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 07:35:09 am »

Also here with MC 21.0.58 the track info page doesn't update anymore during playback.
Only if you stop playback and then restart it the track infos update.
And I rebooted several times…  :(

arin

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 07:42:47 am »

LIVE TV has no picture, just black screen on AMD 6310 (E-350 APU). Sound is normal. I reinstalled previous version (21.0.54) and picture is back again.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 08:37:48 am »

21.0.51 (2/25/2016)

10. Changed: Disabled D3D9Ex rendering in Theater View in favor of traditional D3D9 to potentially work-around hangs on some GPUs. Please report any new issues.

Two Clients with ATI 5450 GPU's now get "Error Connecting to Direct3D" when first opening Theater View or when waking from sleep mode. Happening very frequently (almost 90% of the time). The error usually goes away after a few seconds and the works normally after that but sometimes freezes that way requiring CTL-ALT-DEL. Never happens on nvidia Server or Intel Client.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Windows Defender Exclusions •ṈØ 3rd party AV •4 OTA & 6 Cable SiliconDust Tuners •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700HѫFluance 7.2.2[FH] •SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 02:43:52 pm »

LIVE TV has no picture, just black screen on AMD 6310 (E-350 APU). Sound is normal. I reinstalled previous version (21.0.54) and picture is back again.

What video format does your TV tuner output?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

MusicHawk

Crashes on playback from memory
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 07:12:42 pm »

Behavior report related to Player > Playback Options... Play files from memory instead of disk.

MC21, if set to play from memory, crashes closes instantly when attempting to play an audio track. Happens with any/every track, every time. Has been happening with recent versions of MC21 including 21.0.58. However, if play files from memory is unchecked, MC21 works fine.

The same computer still has the prior installation of MC20, which does NOT exhibit this behavior. It works OK whether memory play is invoked or not.

Windows 10, solid computer behavior other than this. Could it be an access/security situation that differs between MC20 and MC21 and/or how they are installed on this PC? I see no difference but can't rule it out.

This MC21 behavior is not a problem for me, now that I've diagnosed it (which took a while), I simply don't use the option to play from memory. But it might indicate something to investigate.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 07:18:37 pm »

Behavior report related to Player > Playback Options... Play files from memory instead of disk.

MC21, if set to play from memory, crashes closes instantly when attempting to play an audio track. Happens with any/every track, every time. Has been happening with recent versions of MC21 including 21.0.58. However, if play files from memory is unchecked, MC21 works fine.
We will check this.  Thanks for reporting.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Crashes on playback from memory
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 07:29:52 pm »

The same computer still has the prior installation of MC20, which does NOT exhibit this behavior. It works OK whether memory play is invoked or not.

Could you provide a crash log?  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 01:49:21 am »

What video format does your TV tuner output?

1080i H.264 (Hauppauge HD PVR)

MusicHawk

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 01:26:47 pm »

Further experiments have caused the problem to clear up, but it was very real -- I struggled with it for at least a month, with MC21 always crashing and MC20 never crashing.

Yesterday, after updating to to MC 21.0.58, MC crashed again. Upon restarting, I switched MC21 to not play from memory and that cured it. And now, switching back, it doesn't crash.

I suppose installing .58 fixed it, though it crashed at first use too. Does play from memory involve a temp/caching file or something that could have been damaged, but got replaced/recreated? Or running MC20 in the same mode fixed whatever they might share? Or something else in the PC changed, such as the automatic Windows 10 updates which change who knows what.... For a while I thought it might be a damaged playlist; to rule that out I used various playlists, and played songs individually, always triggering the crash.

Whatever the cause, as of this morning I can't reproduce the problem that existed yesterday. Sorry for the red flag, for now it's a mystery. If it happens again I'll be back with more info, and hopefully a log.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 03:02:42 pm »

1080i H.264 (Hauppauge HD PVR)

Thanks for the info.  This will be fixed in an upcoming build.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 09:23:00 pm »

Yes.   And I just did it again.   No change.   I also noticed it happens when playing an album.   When the next album starts the imagine from the first album remains.  It's not a big deal.   I just have to remember that the first album or song has to be from a beautiful woman.

Same here.. just upgraded from 045 and the image for the album cover does not change as the track/album changes.  I reverted to 045 and the cover art changes as expected.

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 12:03:38 pm »

Confirmed, same here.

Also here with MC 21.0.58 the track info page doesn't update anymore during playback.
Only if you stop playback and then restart it the track infos update.
And I rebooted several times…  :(

arin

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 05:03:44 pm »

Vobsub subtitles are shifted upwards, above and left of the center of the screen, and are smaller than normal.  This started for me with version 21.0.54, I suspect from this change in 21.0.51.

5. NEW: Subtitles in Red October HQ are rendered with more accurate timing using a dedicated subtitle rendering interface.

It occurs only with ROHQ.  Shift is set to "No Shift", and size is set to "100%".  Reverting to 21.0.50 the subtitles are back in the normal position and size.

The example below is an MakeMKV rip from the DVD.  No further processing or transcoding through Handbrake or anything.  I've tested several DVD rips on two different computers.  PGS and UTF subs are still normal.

streamerguy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 04:11:21 am »

Since version 21.0.54 (also 21.0.58) the gui is very sluggish when I select my renderer (Marantz NA11S1). Every click in the gui takes forever.

Anyone facing the same issue?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 04:27:09 am »

Vobsub subtitles are shifted upwards, above and left of the center of the screen, and are smaller than normal.  This started for me with version 21.0.54, I suspect from this change in 21.0.51.

Found the reason, will be fixed in the next build (64 and newer)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 07:04:58 am »

Did you try rebooting and reinstalling 58?
Pages: [1]   Go Up