INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.76 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 13310 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.76 for Windows -- Available here
« on: April 28, 2016, 07:00:54 am »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210076.exe

NOTE: This build has caused problems with convolution.  Use with caution or wait for the next build.

21.0.76 (4/27/2015)

1. Changed: Skin DSP effects are no longer applied to the small images in a list (but still should be applied to checkboxes, etc.).
2. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč!).
3. NEW: Double-click on the media server tray icon will show Media Center.
4. Fixed: The 'Export to iTunes & iPhone' dialog didn't scale nicely on high DPI.

21.0.75 (4/19/2016)

1. Changed: The sidecar cover art for music in Theater View should be [Album].jpg or [Artist].jpg instead of [Name].jpg.
2. Fixed: 32-bit integer WAV files wouldn't play properly.

21.0.74 (4/19/2016)

1. Changed: The applied DSP effect like inversion, etc. will get applied to the checkmark and other small icons drawn in the lists.
2. Changed: Theater View television recording setup dialogs are changed from wizard (step by step) style to single dialog style.
3. Changed: The TVInfo(WatchedDisplay) expression will show a watched percentage based on the bookmark in more cases.
4. Changed: Updated the Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
5. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
6. Fixed: Overwriting a file with the selection in Media Editor wouldn't work reliably.
7. Changed: Slightly improved the color accuracy of Blu-ray subtitles.

21.0.73 (4/14/2016)

1. Changed: The checkbox states of the dialog shown when doing Get Movie & TV Info will remember the states of the checks.
2. Fixed: The search section of the JRMark got unintentionally slower starting in 21.0.39.

21.0.72 (4/13/2016)

1. Changed: The search suggestion box won't hide when the focus is in the search box (even if the mouse moves a lot or is a long ways away).
2. Changed: Made one more deletion in the cover art cleanup stage use the recycle bin instead of hard delete.

21.0.71 (4/12/2016)

1. Changed: Made the cover art cleanup function use the recycle bin instead of hard deleting the files.
2. Changed: Made the shortcut for clearing the rating Ctrl+Shift+Delete because Ctrl+Shift+0 gets eaten on newer copies of Windows.
3. NEW: A "Recording by time" option in Theater View to schedule television recording based on channel and time.
4. Fixed: If default recording option "Cleanup mode" was set at "keep at most N episodes", and a recording was scheduled as a non-subscription recording, the "keep at most N episodes" options was still applied by default, even though it made no sense for non-subscription recordings.  Now the option will switch to "Keep forever".
5. NEW: Added a "Playable" field that's a checkbox and when unchecked a file will no longer add to Playing Now.

21.0.70 (4/8/2016)

1. Fixed: When shuffle is set to automatic, it won't reshuffle at the end of the playlist unless it passes the automatic testing gate.
2. NEW: Ctrl+I now shows the playing file in Theater View as well.
3. NEW: Added support for .flac16 and .flac24 files.
4. Changed: Switched the limit for calculating all the volume leveling information from 10,000 tracks to 50,000 tracks.
5. Fixed: Copying from the Media Network activity log could be a little touch and go.

21.0.69 (4/5/2016)

1. NEW: Copying from the Media Network Activity log works (fills the clipboard with the item text).
2. NEW: Pressing Ctrl+I will jump the list to the playing song (if it's in the list).
3. Fixed: Fixed a little misspelling on the EPG window.
4. Changed: Switched a couple lowpass type entries to low-pass instead.
5. NEW: Remade the Thunderstorm skin so it's better on Mac and better on high DPI.
6. Changed: Dividers draw a little bigger on high DPI.
7. Changed: Tuned the layout of the "Customize Display" dialog to hopefully work better on some displays.
8. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).

21.0.68 (4/4/2016)

1. Fixed: On Television property page, if "Recording default - Cleanup mode" was set to "Keep forever", the setting would revert to "Keep at most set number of episodes".  This only applies in build 21.0.67.
2. Changed: On Television property page, the "Recording default - Days to keep" or "Recording default - Episodes to keep" is enabled only if relevant option is selected in "Recording default - Cleanup mode", to avoid confusion.
3. Fixed: The FixCase() expression function was slow in 21.0.67.
4. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
5. Fixed: The player setup dialog sizes a little better (especially on high DPI).

21.0.67 (4/1/2016)

1. Changed: Split the capitalization files out to CapitalizationAllCaps.txt and CapitalizationExclusion.txt in the Default Resources folder of the program.
2. Fixed: Doctor Who would show an xml error page following successful uploads of playlists/smartlists.
3. Fixed: Right-click playlist "upload to server" option wasn't functional.  Now uploads to Doctor Who.
4. Fixed: In recent builds Hauppauge HD PVR/Colossus series of devices could crash in some circumstances.
5. Changed: Most television recording defaults can be set on television properties page (instead of having to use the "Save settings as default" button on recording wizard).
6. Fixed: Playback could stall with a black screen after the movie ends on DVDs without a menu.
7. Fixed: Removing a rule from a Smartlist would sometimes leave the dialog in a funny state.

21.0.66 (3/25/2016)

1. Changed: Added more logging for CableCARD television tuners.
2. Fixed: Hidden tree items don't get reshown as a search result in Options.
3. Fixed: The minimum size of the Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool wasn't big enough on high DPI.
4. Changed: Updated the Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
5. Fixed: Shifting Text Subtitles up did not work properly in all cases.
6. Fixed: GroupCount(...) (and other file group based expressions) didn't work properly when outputting the playlist.

21.0.65 (3/23/2016)

1. Changed: Subtitles can be shifted down a bit further to the edge of the screen.
2. Fixed: Manually updating television guide data using EPG wizard failed in some cases.
3. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR v0.90.16.
4. Changed: Added a link to the madVR settings from the Video settings page.
5. NEW: 3D Blu-ray and MKV 3D support.
6. Fixed: Scheduler views didn't work nicely on high DPI.

21.0.64 (3/21/2016)

1. Fixed: DVD subtitles could show up in the wrong position with Red October HQ in recent builds.
2. Changed: Text Subtitles in Red October HQ are rendered at a higher resolution for improved quality.
3. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
4. Fixed: Pasting cover art from the clipboard didn't clear the image height and width fields like other setting of the cover art.
5. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
6. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
7. Fixed: Revert change from 21.0.54 that resulted in extra calls to get the volume of DLNA devices which could make the GUI sluggish with slow responding devices.

21.0.63 (3/20/2016)

1. Changed: Added some crash prevention measures in television engine involving CableCARD tuners.
2. Fixed: Cover art "Get From Internet" could crash since 21.0.61.

21.0.62 (3/18/2016)

1. Changed: Updated the default podcast feeds (thanks for the help!) (right-click Podcasts in the tree and pick Add Default Feeds).
2. Fixed: Doctor Who playlist post-processing was running too often and wasn't canceling properly so could cause a deadlock.
3. Fixed: No video on screen for Hauppauge HD PVR series of devices since build 56.

21.0.61 (3/18/2016)

1. Changed: Text Subtitles are rendered with proper Anti-Aliasing.
2. NEW: Fading on pause now fades in when pause lifts.
3. Fixed: Zone switch rules could take longer than expected to switch from one zone to another.

21.0.60 (3/17/2016)

1. Fixed: Visualizations didn't update properly when switching tracks (only applies to the last few builds).

21.0.59 (3/17/2016)

1. Changed: The logic that takes the selected files for the Action Window will allow none to be selected if the entire set of files is one album (otherwise it'll still say no files selected).
2. Fixed: Occasional crashes in DSP Studio window when a menu is being shown while the close button is clicked.
3. Changed: The LFE low-pass in the Output Format DSP handles the settings for downmix and upmix separately (with separate defaults as well).
4. Changed: When switching channels while watching TV live, the existing tuner will not be used if the new channel prefers another device, or if the current device is preferred by other channels than the new channel.
5. Changed: When doing TV tuner device sorting, the tuners that are preferred by some channels will be put to the bottom of the list to avoid them being picked up by channels that do not have a preferred device.
6. Changed: Updated the Chromium Web Engine to the latest version.
7. Fixed: Amazon Prime video playback did not work when using the Chromium Engine.
8. NEW: In Theater View television guide, a vertical line is drawn to indicate current time.
9. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).

21.0.58 (3/14/2016)

1. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.68.
2. Fixed: Standard view television EPG "Description", "Season", and "Episode" columns were mixed up since build 55.
3. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
4. Changed: You can move the mouse a little more between button down and button up and still register a click (especially on high DPI).
5. Changed: When a channel-changing call into Hauppauge's IRbast API fails, we will recreate and retry.
6. Changed: Changed how television guide grid in Theater View is updated when the Record button on the remote control is pressed.  The grid will no longer shift and put the selected cell at the corner.
7. Fixed: Some WMV/ASF video files would not import successfully.

21.0.57 (3/10/2016)

1. Fixed: Cover art "Get from Internet" could crash.

21.0.56 (3/9/2016)

1. Fixed: Smartlist editor leaked memory.
2. NEW: Support for Hauppauge's new HD PVR60 device.
3. Changed: In standard view, television EPG allows display of data for up to 21 days in the future (including current day) instead of only 17 days.
4. NEW: Support added for saving/restoring Media Center customized views to the JRiver "cloud" using the "Doctor Who" user login.  Use the "Also save to Doctor Who..." checkbox when saving a view.  There is a "Browse views on Doctor Who" option as well.

21.0.55 (3/9/2016)

1. NEW: Ctrl+Shift+Mouse Wheel will adjust the thumbnail size.
2. Fixed: The menu was too far right with the Thunderstorm skin.
3. Fixed: The maximize, minimize, and close buttons are placed better on the Thunderstorm skin.
4. NEW: Added a ListContains(...) expression function.
5. Changed: In standard television view the Season, episode columns, if displayed, are displayed before the Description column.
6. Fixed: Audio analysis could stall on some WAV files.
7. Changed: Removing cover art from items will reset the height and width fields.
8. Fixed: Playing a capture-only television channel on a client did not work.
9. Changed: The comment from a Podcast would still get added below a custom tooltip, but no longer does.
10. Fixed: The LFE low-pass when downmixing produced noise in some situations.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RD James

Re: Media Center 21.0.76 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 07:47:37 am »

21.0.74 (4/19/2016)
1. Changed: The applied DSP effect like inversion, etc. will get applied to the checkmark and other small icons drawn in the lists.

Thank you. Another bug with inverted skins here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=104498.0

Castius

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 11:38:45 am »

Not sure if it's something on my end. But JRiver is hanging a lot.
Just clicking on different views from video to audio
reverting to 72 for for now seems better. Will test again later

HiFiTubes

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 11:21:34 am »

90% percent of the time MC hangs when closing, will not close, and needs to have task terminated. Please investigate.

I have mailed logs but you don't respond. Dealing with this for 3 months. Nvidia related?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 11:45:48 am »

90% percent of the time MC hangs when closing, will not close, and needs to have task terminated. Please investigate.

I have mailed logs but you don't respond. Dealing with this for 3 months. Nvidia related?
Please use another thread on this.  I doubt that it is an MC bug.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 07:21:02 pm »

21.0.76 (4/27/2015)
-------------
21.0.70 (4/8/2016)

4. Changed: Switched the limit for calculating all the volume leveling information from 10,000 tracks to 50,000 tracks.

Was this enhancement changed in 21.0.76 for some reason?  It doesn't seem to work anymore past 16 000 songs or so....Was fine with 0.72

It's just inconsistent for some reason...Can't nail it down to a specific number...

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 04:51:32 am »

Was this enhancement changed in 21.0.76 for some reason?  It doesn't seem to work anymore past 16 000 songs or so....Was fine with 0.72

It's just inconsistent for some reason...Can't nail it down to a specific number...

My guess is that you hit a track which is not analyzed, which would make it fallback to the "safe" mode as well.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 06:11:30 am »

I did add a few tracks which were not yet analysed indeed....I'll check this out later out in the day thank you Hendrik

EDIT: YEP.  That did it everything is OK.   Thanks for pointing it out!

beburi

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 09:02:18 pm »

1) VST Convolver stopped convolving properly after this update. Appears to play OK (no error messages) but sound is badly mangled and analyzer shows a clear mess; massive clipping w/o normalization, severely mangled FR with normalization. Several filters were working fine before the update, but now none of them works. Nothing else has changed. Filters are from Audiolense.
2) Borderlands 2 through Steam hangs up when using the WDM. This also worked fine before.

RD James

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 10:32:28 am »

2) Borderlands 2 through Steam hangs up when using the WDM. This also worked fine before.
Check that your output device is set correctly. I've had the default device in my WDM Zone change at random recently for no apparent reason, which also caused playback to break.
It seems that if something prevents WDM playback, e.g. trying to send the wrong audio format to a device, the WDM driver completely locks up and stalls or crashes the application trying to play audio. Seems like a major issue.

tohovden

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 01:26:09 pm »

1) VST Convolver stopped convolving properly after this update. Appears to play OK (no error messages) but sound is badly mangled and analyzer shows a clear mess; massive clipping w/o normalization, severely mangled FR with normalization. Several filters were working fine before the update, but now none of them works. Nothing else has changed. Filters are from Audiolense.

I got the same problem. Reinstalled a previous version and it works fine.

Greg6510

• Recent member
  • "Music is a safe kind of high." - Jimi
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 03:55:02 am »

This version is crashing when attempting to delete multiple files. 

beburi

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 02:09:30 pm »

I got the same problem. Reinstalled a previous version and it works fine.

I discovered a workaround: Change the Setup/Filter Format from 32 bit float (default) to 64 bit float. Regenerate filters and go. I don't think a new measurement is required, but I'm not sure since I made a new measurement for some new speakers. I have another installation with alternate filter format setting and it was unaffected by the update. Now both are working.

Hmmm, could this change have anything to do with it? "2. Fixed: 32-bit integer WAV files wouldn't play properly."

beburi

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 10:20:05 pm »

Issue 2 was resolved by an Nvidia driver update today. I use their HDMI audio driver.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 08:34:54 am »

I discovered a workaround: Change the Setup/Filter Format from 32 bit float (default) to 64 bit float. Regenerate filters and go. I don't think a new measurement is required, but I'm not sure since I made a new measurement for some new speakers. I have another installation with alternate filter format setting and it was unaffected by the update. Now both are working.

Hmmm, could this change have anything to do with it? "2. Fixed: 32-bit integer WAV files wouldn't play properly."

Could you send me the 32-bit file that's not working properly anymore?  I'm matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 08:54:29 am »

Could you send me the 32-bit file that's not working properly anymore?  I'm matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.

I think I got it for next build.  From the history:
Fixed: 32-bit extensible WAV files wouldn't play properly (could cause convolution trouble).

beburi

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 06:38:48 pm »

Thanks.

I saw your post regarding the fix. I've attached an affected 32 bit float .wav filter from Audiolense in case you need it (as .jpeg). I'll also test after the next update.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 02:53:23 pm »

JRiver internal convolution sounds weird in .76. Just a lot, really a lot, of rumble and some distand echoes of the higher frequency audio. Only tested on 7.1 (upmixed stereo and multichannel sources).

Reverted back to .72 and it sounds just fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up