INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 21.0.83 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 13156 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 21.0.83 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: May 18, 2016, 10:37:04 am »

This is the latest version of MC21 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210083.dmg

21.0.83 (5/18/2016)

1. Fixed: Firewall warnings were popping up every time Media Center launched.
2. NEW: An option to load default library at start up.
3. Fixed: The minimum size of the tree wouldn't update properly when switching the scale of the program until you restarted.
4. Fixed: Enabling the "Adaptive Volume" DSP in the "Convert Format" settings could inadvertently affect the results of Audio Analysis.
5. Fixed: Mouse wheel in a combobox would highlight an unselectable nothing entry at the tail of the list.

21.0.80 (5/10/2016)

1. Fixed: Doctor Who login tokens could get lost if Media Center was not closed properly
2. Fixed: An unsupported library was preventing Media Center from launching on OSX 10.6, which can’t support FTP upload.
3. Fixed: 32-bit extensible WAV files wouldn't play properly (could cause convolution trouble).
4. Changed: MCWS responses use a more standard Content-Type header to improve compatibility with some web service clients.

21.0.77 (4/29/2016)

1. Fixed: Backed out a changed that was creating duplicate files in the database.

21.0.76 (4/28/2016)

1. Fixed: Font size would double when running Media Center after a font size change if in Retina mode.
2. Fixed: Media Center would crash if it was trying to popup a tagging error message while shutting down.
3. Fixed: Removing a rule from a Smartlist would sometimes leave the dialog in a funny state.
4. NEW: Remade the Thunderstorm skin so it's better on Mac and better on high DPI.
5. NEW: Added a "Playable" field that's a checkbox and when unchecked a file will no longer add to Playing Now.

21.0.66 (3/31/2016)

1. Fixed: Accented characters were not handled properly in some cases.
2. NEW: Added support for viewing RAW images.
3. Fixed: Hidden tree items don't get reshown as a search result in Options.
4. Fixed: The minimum size of the Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool wasn't big enough on high DPI.
5. Fixed: Certain characters in a folder path would result in an invalid folder message even if the folder was valid.
6. Added extra logging for when Media Center returns with “Invalid Directory.”

21.0.64 (3/21/2016)

1. Fixed: Reverted a change that resulted in extra calls to get the volume of DLNA devices which could make the GUI sluggish.

21.0.63 (3/21/2016)

1. Fixed: Cover art "Get From Internet" could crash since 21.0.61.

21.0.61 (3/18/2016)

1. Fixed: Occasional crashes in DSP Studio window when a menu is being shown while the close button is clicked.
2. Fixed: Doctor Who playlist post-processing was running too often and wasn't canceling properly so could cause a deadlock.
3. NEW: Added the ability to right-click and select Share to Web, which will upload selected images to Pix01.
4. NEW: Added the ability to right-click and add selected images to an e-mail as attachments.
5. Changed: Updated the default podcast feeds (thanks for the help!) (right-click Podcasts in the tree and pick Add Default Feeds).
6. NEW: Fading on pause now fades in when pause lifts.
7. Fixed: Zone switch rules could take longer than expected to switch from one zone to another.
8. Fixed: Occasional crashes in DSP Studio window when a menu is being shown while the close button is clicked.
9. Fixed: Cover art "Get from Internet" could crash.
10. Fixed: Smartlist editor leaked memory.
11. NEW: Support added for saving/restoring Media Center customized views to the JRiver "cloud" using the "Doctor Who" user login.  Use the "Also save to Doctor Who..." checkbox when saving a view.  There is a "Browse views on Doctor Who" option as well.

21.0.55 (3/9/2016)

1. Fixed: There was an issue where mini view would shrink too far on high resolution monitors.
2. Fixed: Rare crash when playing video files.
3. Changed: Zone links are tied to the zone GUID instead of the zone ID (so linking to a DLNA device should work better).
4. Fixed: Case-only changes wouldn't get written to M4A/ALAC tags.
5. NEW: Added the option "Use gapless for manual track changes" to switch to gapless from whatever is configured when switching manually.
6. Fixed: Shuffling a playlist that was linked didn't update the other playlists in the link.
7. NEW: Output Format DSP can lowpass the LFE/Subwoofer when downmixing, or exclude it from the downmix entirely.
8. NEW: Added version 3 uPnP controller support.
9. Fixed: Audio analysis could stall on some WAV files.

21.0.50 (2/19/2016)

1. Fixed: The JRReader DLL wasn’t exiting properly, which could cause a crash when quitting.
2. Fixed: The smartlist editor dialog wasn’t drawing all the fields properly.
3. Changed: Broken web links included with Media Center can be fixed without modifying the links.xml file.
4. Fixed: The confirmation dialog when deleting zones was not showing up.

21.0.49 (2/16/2016)

1. Fixed: A crash on close after playing audio files to a DLNA device.

21.0.48 (2/12/2016)

1. Fixed: Seeking a video while deinterlacing was active caused playback to break.
2. Changed: Reverted the web links version back to 1.2 so custom links won't be erased. Note: If you have custom links, in order to apply fixes made to broken links, you will need to select "Reset All Links To Default" from the Manage Links dialog.
3. Changed: If a web link doesn't have a search URL specified, it will fall back to the base URL for navigation.
4. Fixed: Using the Tag Action Window could crash.

21.0.45 (2/9/2016)

1. NEW: Software Deinterlacing using the YADIF algorithm during video playback and transcoding.
2. Fixed: MC was not ejecting or responding to eject/insert messages for built in SD card slots on some Macs (SDXC type).
3. NEW: Added an option to the RMAC tool for Windows to Mac file path syntax easier.
4. Fixed: Audio could hiccup between tracks in recent builds.
5. Fixed: Video files without audio did not convert successfully.
6. Fixed: Picking users accounts wasn't working.
7. Fixed: Cover art embedded in FLAC files wouldn't always be found.
8. Fixed: Clearing Playing Now from the right-click menu with something playing would take a long time if there was a big prebuffer setting and a fadeout on stop mode.
9. Fixed: The Rotten Tomatoes link was broken. (Warning: if you have custom links, this change will erase them)
10. NEW: Added a Wikipedia link to the video section which will search for entries relating to a selected video title.
11. Fixed: More fixes for crashes caused by hard-killing background threads
12. Fixed: An issue with tagging errors could cause a crash when Media Center was closed.

21.0.31 (12/30/2015)

1. Fixed: External web pages were not showing because of new defaults for Webview in Xcode 7.

21.0.30 (12/30/2015)

1. Fixed: Rename, Move, & Copy dialog wasn't working in "find and replace" mode for renaming files coming from a Windows sytem (e.g. replace "C:\Music\" with "/Music/")
2. Fixed: In the Rename, Move, & Copy dialog you couldn't expand the column widths enough to see the whole filename.
3. Fixed: Some popup tool windows save their position and size if the user has adjusted them, this was not happening on Mac.
4. Fixed: DSP Studio was blinking with VST effects installed (the fix is wider and might also make drawing in general more efficient).
5. Fixed: Logging could crash MC under some circumstances.
6. Changed: Made the "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" tool no longer available when connected to a server (because the results were confusing anyway).
7. Fixed: Fixed potential hangs/crashes and memory leaks in networking code.
8. Changed: Library Server Sync is more robust against sync errors when the Library Server is restarted.
9. Changed: Enabled DoP bitstreaming for DSD256.
10. Changed: Playlist deletions get properly synced from and to Library Server clients.
11. Changed: Made a change to the tagging window to prevent editing tags when no files are selected.
12. Fixed: In Rename, Move & Copy dialog, columns couldn't be resized to show the entire filenames if they were very long.
13. Fixed: The multi-match CD dialog didn't scale nicely for high DPI.
14. Fixed: The CD information could change as a track was ripping.
15. Fixed: MCWS would send an unexpected server error response after the normal response when receiving HTTP POST requests with Keep-Alive.
16. Fixed: When resampling, the source format listed in DSP Studio wouldn't get updated properly when switching tracks.

21.0.25 (12/4/2015)

1. Fixed: Data files such as PDF's would not start up the default application when double clicked.
2. Changed: Enabled DoP bitstreaming for DSD256 (experimental).
3. Fixed: Some message boxes were slightly cut off at the bottom in Retina mode.

21.0.24 (12/1/2015)

1. Fixed: Cmd-W (close window) would enter a 'w' character into edit boxes.
2. Fixed: Corrupt tiff images caused a crash when MC tried to import them.
3. Fixed: Pressing 'w' key in popup windows triggered the cmd-w 'close window' command.
4. Fixed: MC toolbar icons were partially overlaying the left-hand close/minimize/restore buttons.
5. Fixed: When DSP Studio window was initially displayed, the current DSP plugin's info would not be shown until clicking somewhere else and then back.
6. Fixed: In the smartlist editing window, some UI controls were not showing properly.
7. Fixed: Crashes on 10.6.8 systems.
8. Fixed: Modified the Black on Black and Pearl Bailey skins to offset the toolbar icons the correct amount.
9. Fixed: If skin directory was deleted from 'Application Support' folder, MC would not run.
10. Fixed: Resizing the "Rename, Move, & Copy" dialog wasn't working right on Retina displays - it would grow way too large.
11. Fixed: Combo box drop button was too narrow on Retina displays.

21.0.19 (11/5/2015)

1. Fixed: Rename, move, copy dialog was getting partially cut-off at the bottom.
2. Fixed: Cmd-W was not working for closing windows.
3. Fixed: CD ripping was not working in build 21.0.8.
4. Fixed: Previous/Next commands work with chapters in videos.
5. NEW: Support for external sidecar subtitles.
6. NEW: Automatic stream selection based on the preferred language configured in Video -> Subtitles & Languages.
7. Fixed: Thumbnail creation for Videos would often crash JRWorker.
8. Changed: Took the (experimental) label off retina mode.
9. Fixed: When MC was maximized and user double-clicked on the title bar, app would correctly exit maximized mode, but would always position at the screen origin rather than the correct previous origin.
10. Fixed: When MC was maximized and user single clicked on the title bar, app would exit maximized mode which should only happen on double-click.
11. NEW: MC now supports the system preference setting for double-clicking the title bar.  Three settings: 1. Disabled, 2. Maximize/Restore, 3. Minimize.
12. Changed: Display defaults to retina mode if the primary monitor is high-res and the user had never selected a setting.
13. Fixed: Left tree view default width was too narrow on Retina displays.
14. NEW: Doctor Who is now available under Playlists.  30 second samples not quite working yet.
15. Fixed: DLNA socket threads that got hung up would sometimes not cancel properly so MC would hard-kill them resulting in crashes and/or memory leaks.

MikeBRG

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 21.0.83 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 12:43:30 pm »

Good news is that if I update from within the program, I have no difficulties. I usually do this so missed the problem that I am having with .83 and also, I find, .80.  21.0.77 does not have the problem.

Bad news is that .80 and .83 will not run properly when downloaded onto the desktop and installed in the Apps folder. New build replaces old build in Apps folder but on clicking on app to start (or on dock icon), the normal 'verifying' message displays but does not complete. In previous versions, it normally moves on to the dialogue box 'Do you wish to open the app downloaded from the internet etc? but it does not get to this now. The 'verifying box disappears and the MC icon bounces in the dock for two minutes then just 'not responds' and I have to force quit. I notice that when installing from within the program, I am not asked the question about downloading from the internet and this suggests another path is being followed or the permission is being granted from somewhere else.

The console reports:
Process:         CoreServicesUIAgent [3544]
Path:            /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreServicesUIAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/CoreServicesUIAgent
Identifier:      com.apple.coreservices.uiagent
Version:         95.11 (95.11)
Build Info:      CoreServicesUIAgent-95011000000000~1
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [213]
User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2016-05-18 17:25:15.360 +0100
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F2560)
Report Version:  10

Crashed Thread:  5

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '+[NSURL fileURLWithFileSystemRepresentation:isDirectory:relativeToURL:]: unrecognized selector sent to class 0x7fff78c80fa0'
abort() called
terminate called throwing an exception.

I don't think its the firewall problem. Mac firewall is disabled and Intego NetBarrier has MC listed as OK for transmission.

Behaviour duplicated on main iMac and separate MacbookPro, both running 10.8.5

It may be my hardware or settings, of course. Can supply more of the console log if it helps.

Mike B

BradATIMA

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 01:53:06 pm »

Bad news is that .80 and .83 will not run properly when downloaded onto the desktop and installed in the Apps folder. New build replaces old build in Apps folder but on clicking on app to start (or on dock icon), the normal 'verifying' message displays but does not complete. In previous versions, it normally moves on to the dialogue box 'Do you wish to open the app downloaded from the internet etc? but it does not get to this now. The 'verifying box disappears and the MC icon bounces in the dock for two minutes then just 'not responds' and I have to force quit. I notice that when installing from within the program, I am not asked the question about downloading from the internet and this suggests another path is being followed or the permission is being granted from somewhere else.

Just to clarify one thing first, does this mean that you can update Media Center successfully to 21.0.83 if you let the auto-update run from within Media Center?

I had no trouble downloading 21.0.83 from the forum, installing the update, and running Media Center on 10.8.5. Could you e-mail me the entire crash report, as well as the Media Center log, if you have logging enabled. If you already have logging enabled, you can get the log.txt outside Media Center by going to: /Users/<Username>/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 21. I'm brad at jriver dot com.

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 02:46:07 pm »

Doing a little 'googling', I found two other instances of this exact same error.  In both of the cases they were running the same version and build number of OS X as you are:

Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F2560)

In one of the reports, the software support person stated the problem was: "... due to the glitch in 10.8.5 OS itself.  Is there any way for you to upgrade your OS?"

I don't know if he was right, but food for thought.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

MikeBRG

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 04:05:19 pm »

JohnT: Nice search - I am not alone! I believed I was using the final build of 10.8.5 but looking at the web I can see there were some late 2013 updates. They are listed as up to 12F45 but they may be hardware dependent. I will run the last updater and let you know the outcome. I have only used official UK Apple downloads to date.

I am looking at scaling the heights of El Capitan but have held back as everything is so stable on Mountain Lion that I am reluctant to take the step. Half the apps will need attention etc.- though not MC, I am sure! I am about to put an ssd in the iMac first so it will be a few weeks before I capitulate.

BradATIMA: Yes, I can upgrade successfully from 77 and 80 to 83 using the auto (or manual) update from within MC. I can stay with this as a way of working. If I have to install from the desktop, I can use 21.0.77 and work up internally from there. I just did 77 to 83 in one upgrade as a check.

I will email you the full Mac crash report and have dug out the log.txt files. Will prepare a clean set of the behaviour, before and after if I can. Have to go out for a while.

Many thanks for the interest and support.

Mike B

BradATIMA

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 07:37:40 am »

Split the topic on the Terms of Service agreement showing up every time Media Center is launched here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105016.0

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 06:11:08 pm »

Handheld sync does not work with this release.

The handheld device does not show up under "Drives & Devices".

If I fall back to version 21.0.80 it works as it did before, so this is an issue introduced in this release

Randy.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 06:25:46 pm »

False duplicate when syncing handheld devices.

I was not able to verify this issue in 21.0.83 as handheld syncing does not work (see prior post) but I can duplicate this issue in 21.0.80.

The false duplicate is a result of Disc# not being considered in the algorithm to determine duplicates.

Here is the scenario which can be duplicated with a single album.

1) Album name is the same for all tracks.
2) There are multiple discs, each track is tagged with the disc number.
3) Each disc has multiple tracks. There are no duplicate track numbers within a disc.

The false duplicate comes up when: The track # and track name are the same and the disc # is different

Example attached image:

Purple Haze track number 9 shows as a duplicate even though it is on 2 different discs.

mario620

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 06:38:47 pm »

21.0.83 with this latest update, jremote does not work anymore on my iphone. Any ideas?

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 09:53:52 am »

Handheld sync does not work with this release.
Which handheld device are you using?  Does it show in Finder?  My Pono device shows up OK.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

roller

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 10:13:26 am »

Try to open the translation folder by klicking on tools/language/browse translations folder... and MC closes unexpectedly...
I think things like that should be saved in user/library/... in MC22.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 10:53:42 pm »

Which handheld device are you using?  Does it show in Finder?  My Pono device shows up OK.

Hi John,

My handheld device is also a Pono. I sync 2 ways. Using the Pono Player or directly to a MicroSD using a USB adapter (which is much faster than using the Pono Player). Both of these show in Finder but does not show in MC 21.0.83. As I mentioned it does show when I fall back to MC 21.0.80. It also shows using PMW.

As it works for you and not me, maybe it's related to the Mac. I'm using OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 which is the latest version.

Randy

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 08:38:11 am »

False duplicate when syncing handheld devices.

I was not able to verify this issue in 21.0.83 as handheld syncing does not work (see prior post) but I can duplicate this issue in 21.0.80.

The false duplicate is a result of Disc# not being considered in the algorithm to determine duplicates.

Here is the scenario which can be duplicated with a single album.

1) Album name is the same for all tracks.
2) There are multiple discs, each track is tagged with the disc number.
3) Each disc has multiple tracks. There are no duplicate track numbers within a disc.

The false duplicate comes up when: The track # and track name are the same and the disc # is different

Example attached image:

Purple Haze track number 9 shows as a duplicate even though it is on 2 different discs.

There is an old thread about this:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56600.msg525936#msg525936

The issue is Disc # is not included in the creation of the 'match key'.

According to Matt (in this thread)
Duplicate detection is based on creation of a 'match key' for each file.  By default, the match key is built on (basically) this expression:
[Name]-Clean([Artist], 1)-[Album]-[Genre]-FormatNumber([Track #, 0])-[Media Type]

To resolve the false duplicate issue
Include [Disc #] in MatchKeyExpression for audio

Werner

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 05:38:45 am »

Does anybody know the secret where and how to set the default library?

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 09:40:43 am »

my library always comes right up on launch is that because i only have one library defined?

Werner

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 10:00:32 am »

If you have just one library you don’t need an option to load the default library.  ;)

danfl75

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 05:17:04 pm »

Some interesting interface bugs in v80. The blue EQ/audio path symbol will light even when EQ is turned on, and will not light when EQ is turned off. Also, the song title won't update. It seems to be triggered by turning things like parametric EQ on or off. The fix is to adjust or just tap the volume.

Was this change an attempt to fix the long standing "double tap EQ" bug? It used to not pop up the audio path window when you moused over the EQ button when EQ was off. A double tap on that button was required to get the pop up. The mouse over pop up worked fine when EQ was turned on.

BTW, interface freezes were much worse in v66, but were fixed in subsequent versions. I'm running OS 10.9.5 on 2012 i5 10G RAM, 500M HDD. I was one of those that used to experience drop outs when the system was stressed. The buffer tuning has been working great for me in everyday use although I can still force drop outs by opening 8 apps at once.

danfl75

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 10:28:48 pm »

Quick update: clicking on volume did not fix it, just updated the song info to current state and then stays frozen there. I'm running MC 21 v80. Hmm, hadn't restarted MC in 1-2 weeks, that's what actually fixed everything, except for the "double tap EQ" bug which has been there forever.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 09:26:15 pm »

The issue of changing tags when files are not selected is back. I don't know which release broke it. Please fix this.

21.0.30 (12/30/2015)
11. Changed: Made a change to the tagging window to prevent editing tags when no files are selected.

Werner

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2016, 09:26:03 am »

Once more:

(If is is so secret that nobody is allowed tell it, it had been better not to mention it in the release notes.)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2016, 09:28:25 am »

File > Library > Library Manager.  The default is the original library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up