INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 21 Repeating a single track  (Read 2779 times)

worsman

MC 21 Repeating a single track
« on: July 03, 2016, 08:36:13 am »

Hi all,

I've been using JRiver for years, but I've just bought a new version for the wifes shop and have 2 issues that I just can't resolve, having never had an issue with my home set-ups.

The set-up is media centre 21 is running on the server but when I queue up a number of songs or start a playlist, it just plays the first track on repeat, over and over again. You can advance the track manually, but it just sticks on the next track.

I'm sending the music to a DENON DNP-720AE NETWORK AUDIO PLAYER. That is connected to Denon POA-3012CI 12-Channel Multi-Zone Audio Distribution amp.

There is very little to set-up and control on either of the denon units, so I don't see why it doesn't just move onto the next track.

The second issue may well be connected.  The DNP 720AW Network Player only appears in MC21 once I've manually set something playing from the Network Player.  And even then sometimes disappears from MC21 devices.

I'm not aware of any set-up that would impact either of these issue, but any help / advice would be very much appreciated. I notice AndrewFG has a test tool listed in his Signature, would this help?

Thanks all

Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 21 Repeating a single track
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 01:32:22 pm »

Assuming that you're using DLNA, AndrewFG's test software would help.

Not all DLNA devices can be used in both directions.  You're using the Denon as a DLNA Renderer, with MC as both the Controller and the Server.

worsman

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 03:41:48 pm »

Hi,

Yes that's what I'd like to do. I want to control from MC and obviously it's the music server, and just expected the denon to pass through to the distribution amp.

I'll give the test software a go tomorrow and hope I can make sense of the results! Maybe it will give me more info to post here.

Just seems odd that it's playing but not moving on each track, and worrying the MC seems to lose sight of it until prompted by manual playing tracks from the denon.

I'm not doing gapless or anything so it should be straight forward.

Thanks
Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 04:07:29 pm »

I'll move this to the Media Network thread since it's a DLNA problem.  You could read some of the other threads there.  Look for setnextavtransport in the threads.
Pages: [1]   Go Up