INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ? / wish list for MC9....MC10?  (Read 11458 times)

DM_AS_BX_RX

• Recent member
  • Hello.  Is this to whom I'm speaking?
? / wish list for MC9....MC10?
« on: November 23, 2003, 06:32:09 pm »

MC9 is awsome!  I generally keep lists like this to myself given that for years now the MC guys have read my mind.  Bring on MC10 baby?

If MC9 already does any of this, please forgive and let me know how.  If not perhaps in the next version.

ITEM 1 of 5:
Currently you can set up a custom scheme for each level of the hierarchy.  Using: View>List Style>Save This View, you can effectively save the view for that scheme and have the option to save the view for all dependant schemes.  

I would like the ability to save a list style and apply it to non-dependant schemes.  Even better would be the option to use the saved list style in another library without the initial set-up.

ITEM 2 of 5:
I like the ability to create and manage individual libraries however I find that if I have a library that includes media that is also in another library I have double the maintenace work: updating tag info, list styles (see item #1), backing up libraries, etc.  

Database security can turn into a monster real fast but here is the request anyways.  Give me the ability to password protect and/or hide a hierarchy scheme (not indiviual records!) just at the scheme level.  That would be sweet!

The easiest way to do it might be allow for a user specific hierarchy.  Combined with item three it might just do the trick.

ITEM 3 of 5:
With regard to the hierarchy schemes...this would kinda be an extention of item #2.  At the parent levels of the hierarchy: "Media Library, Audio, Image, Video, Etc., it would be nice to have a blank list style option beyond deselecting all the fields.  In addition the ability to replace the field display with a custom image file would be cool.

ITEM 4 of 5:
When selecting "columns to show", allow more than one field to be selected or deselected at a shot.

ITEM 5 of 5:
A details list style that allows the thumbnail to be desplayed as an option field (the actual image not the "image file" name).

Thanks for hanging in there.  It's a great product getting better and I can't wait for the next version.

Thanks

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:? / wish list for MC9....MC10?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 06:57:45 pm »

if everyone puts there wish list in here, with the power vested in me by J river I will make sure it happens.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 10:44:45 pm »

I wish MC would have my morning espresso ready for me when I get up... now KingSparta - make it happen!

Scott.

nila

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 03:40:16 am »

I want a new view  mode for v10.

Right now we have details - lovely for details - album cover - um, somewhat useful to see a picture.

I'd like an Album Cover + Info mode - similar to a ListView in smallIcons or List mode.

But I'd like it to be configurable so we could configure how each object appeared.
Similar to like:  Playing Now - where we can configure what info appears in it and then MC displays this object for each item.

That way for our albums we could configure it to be say the thumbnail on the left. Album name ontop of the thumbnail with the tracks listed on the right next to them.

Making this the fixed format thou would make it only useful for Albums - by allowing us to configure it it'd give MC ALOT more power - For my Films for instance i could make a template that had the cover, Film name ontop, Cast list below along with Genre and Film rating!

This is the MAIN thing that I find lacking - the ability to view alot of the data in a useful manner unless we have it in details mode.  The limitation of details mode though is the fact that all the info is just field after field after field next to each other instead of arranged in a more useful informative manner combined with a thumbnail.

Example of what it'd look like for say movies:  http://www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/Demo.jpg

This could be configured per view scheme so we could have Movie Templates, Album Templates, etc.

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Auto-disable DSP when playing DTS CD tracks
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 03:48:00 am »

OK if this is the official wish-list thread, then I will add once more my strong desire to see MC add a feature to automatically detect DTS CD tracks, and disable all DSP while they're playing.  If any DSP is applied to a DTS CD track, it mangles the data and results in noise coming out of the speakers.

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 07:32:05 am »

A view style similar to winXP tiles where you can see a thumbnail and details. Make the layout customisable as an XML/HTML template and allow different templates for different file types.

:)

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

Rockinrob

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 08:25:43 am »

I would like to see the ability of maintaining your position in the database when switching between playback zones.

Currently, if I have songs highlighted or have the playlist scrolled to the bottom, switching playback zones will cause you to lose the highlight and position.

Let's make it an option for MC to remember position/highlight between zones, or to reset.

Rockin Rob

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2003, 08:30:29 am »

I wish that MC would rip mulitple tracks as one. This is my only request, but it has been a wish for quite some time.

And I wish that it would open my beer for me.  ;D

Vorgod

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 09:06:06 am »

>> ITEM 4 of 5:
When selecting "columns to show", allow more than one field to be selected or deselected at a shot.

YES - a nice christmas wish!

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2003, 09:07:02 am »

Cue file support that is as functional as APLs for mp3s. That is being able to inventory tracks form the cue file in the library.

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2003, 09:23:03 am »

What i really would like to see in a future version is the possibility to define own categories for the library-fields. We then could define much better what tag-fields to show in the tag-info.

Would be a nice feature   ;)

nila

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2003, 09:31:04 am »

• Cue SHeet support
  • Resizeable panes (manual is fine by me)
  • a TRUE hairstyle mode where we never had to exit it - could burn music etc to cd from within it, rip cd's from within it, etc. etc so we could have it locked open on a desktop PC and never have to leave it.
  • Playlists/TV/Radio/Media Library all combined into: Media Library with default view schemes for each to make it basic for beginners - TV stations could then be organised by genre, etc to the users choice. Radio stations could be mixed in with playlists etc.
  • Ability to define our own 'Media Types' so that we can have custom groups for the properties with fields overalapping between groups etc. Also - when we started playing something we'd defined as 'Home Video' the columns in 'Playing Now' would change to be the columns suitable to this media type. The track info page would change to be one that had fields for this media type etc. Right now it's all too much set around ONE set of columns in playing now, ONE track info page - too much still based around one media with one property set - not an ALL media jukebox. Right now in order to make it show appropriate info we have to use the standard fields which is a big restriction :(
  • View schemes to be truely independant so we could set toolbars PER VIEW SCHEME so we could give our image toolbars buttons to rotate the image, our audio ones 'Convert' buttons etc all of which were appropriate to the media type being viewed. Properties woulld also be sticky per media type so it'd remember what tag group we had set for that view scheme.

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2003, 09:54:07 am »

I'd like to be able to link DSP settings to Genre!

sraymond

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2003, 10:52:09 am »

Example of what it'd look like for say movies:  http://www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/Demo.jpg

This could be configured per view scheme so we could have Movie Templates, Album Templates, etc.

From Collectorz, huh?  This is done with easily with XSLT.  But are you talking read only or read/write?  I think with read-only, this is really quite easy for JRiver to implement.  Read/write would be much tougher, I imagine.

Scott-

nila

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2003, 12:29:37 pm »

Yeah from Collectors - what I mean is a view interface that looks like that - Like the 'Tiles' mode in Album View - where u get the Icon with information next to it.

It'd be similar to the Album cover mode but also display user configurable information.

People have in the past already done mock up's of what it'd look like - like a more detailed album mode - but MC is not just for Music so we have to be able to configure it for all our media types and the info we want!

sraymond

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 02:00:30 pm »

Nila,

Album view...  are you referring to Rhino's plugin?

Imagine how the Track Info works by pulling information from the current track info (i.e. TRACKINFO_INSERT_ARTIST) and putting it into HTML.

Well, if JRiver would give us another option in the Action Window...  an option that took the same data available in the Tag Info window (but as an XML tree), applied an XSLT transformation, and rendered the results using MC's internal web browser...  well, then you'd have something like Collectorz.  I'm fairly certain this is what they do, though I haven't downloaded a demo of the program yet.

Now...  this seems quite radiical for MC, even by JRiver standards...  so I'm not holding by breath - though my fingers *are* crossed.

In the meantime, you can use scott_r's great MCXMLExport plugin to do the same thing - but not integrated with the MC GUI.  Nila, I know you're HTML-proficient.  Give me a sample HTML for a DVD info screen and I will write you the XSLT to use with the plugin.  You'd want to do paging - so we'd have to think that through.  If you want to use Tomcat, paging is easy.

Scott-

Evander

• Recent member
  • nothing else to say...
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2003, 02:12:21 pm »

I have a lot of ideas for expanding the power of MC in Hairstyle mode, but, in HS mode I can't run interface plug-ins. Some:

- A cool interface to listen FM stations from my FM card, with logo (Art) of stations and info about the current program. I already have the code to control my radio card, but...

- A program guide for TV like that of Digital TVs (DirecTv, etc). My plug-in would extract info from the internet and show everything, including synopsis of movies (cool, isn't it?)

- Logo (art) for my ordinary files and TV channels present in my library. MC doesn't permit assign an image to a regular file

- A area to select an effect from my creative Audigy, like Reverb, Eq, etc. (hard to implement, but possible)

- Voice Recognition. Oh yes, Micro$oft has a SDK for voice recognition, and it's easy to use. I already have a project in VB.Net that uses it

- Weather Forecasts in my TV using MC (I'm not crazy, I swear  ;) )

As you can see, I have a lot of ideas for plug-ins, but all of them are to use in Hairstyle mode with my TV set and remote control.

And I repeat: I'm not crazy  ;D

Evander - Brazil
Sorry any english errors

nila

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2003, 02:16:23 pm »

The AW is a nice idea but very limited = one title at a time.

What I'm talking about is the same as you except instead of putting it in the action window - it creates an object like that for each item and fills the list with these so we have one of those per films/album etc. so we can see them all side by side together.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2003, 03:46:24 pm »

Ok,

My wish for MC9.1 and beyond is about a better interface for columns visibility selection as already expressed in the following thread : http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=16912;start=msg115747#msg115747

I think that would be helpful

thanks

christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2003, 03:58:58 pm »

1. A better interface for editing smartlists - think iTunes

2. Have search specifications persist until cleared - I find myself typing in a search to narrow the scope, switching to another view, then entering the same search again, etc.

3. A multiple window interface

4. Interoperability with the Slim Squeezebox or the Kiss DVD player - both of these devices come with their own media server software, it would be so cool if they could tap into MC's Media Server instead.

5. Better visualizations - I fired up Winamp for old times sake last night, and darn! those Geiss visualizations rock.

sraymond

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2003, 04:32:05 pm »

The AW is a nice idea but very limited = one title at a time.

What I'm talking about is the same as you except instead of putting it in the action window - it creates an object like that for each item and fills the list with these so we have one of those per films/album etc. so we can see them all side by side together.

What is this "object", exactly?  If it's the presentation of all the "one titles" at a time, doesn't XAlbum fit the bill (in theory...  we'd need a tailored XSLT for DVDs)?  With scott_r's plugin, it's a one-click (more or less) operation to generate the HTML for all the DVDs in a view scheme or playlist.  The only downside is that the HTML is rendered in an external window instead of internal to MC.  But as a catalog, that may not be too big a deal.

I was thinking that the "object" (HTML, reallly) should be displayed within MC somewhere - and the AW seemed like a logical place.  I see your point, though, that you should be able to generate the display from a selection of one or more items.  But if not the AW, where then?

Scott-

nila

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2003, 04:21:11 am »

• A 'History' of whats played when - similar to WMP so it could automatically work out what songs we liked then and give us smart lists based on OUR music preferences - This information would NOT BE SHARED - it'd be on our machines only - NO marketting sales of this info! lol.

Exporting it isn't what I'm after as it just gives a report - static, non searchable, etc. I want to be able to use the speed of panes to search with returned info that I can look at in one glance and see alot of info (importantly including Cover Art).

The object would be a bit like AV2 in Tiles mode where u get a thumbnail along with details of the album. Or it could be a thumbnail of a film along with details of the films etc. It'd depend how we had it set up for that view scheme.

Details has all the info but no cover art - also with details the info requires us to scroll around left to right to see different fields - when the fields can be ontop of each other etc - one long field doesn't stop us instantly seeing the information in another field at the same time. - Abit like explorer in 'Tiles' mode but with more configuration options (as seen in AV2 Tiles mode).

If we could design how and where fields were placed in this view along with how they looked in a css style type manner it'd be the Ultimate power.

jakobluck

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2003, 05:33:26 am »

i just want full support for ogm and mkv files.. i hate having to go back and forth between media cataloguing software, video player, and media center :(

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2003, 06:22:24 am »

- asynchronious encoding processes like EAC (e.g. 4 instances of lame encoding a queue of wave-files ripped asynchronious) with tagging after encoding (very important)
- maybe put "audio analyze" into that batch-processing or make an own "batch-command-list" to work on the files over night (I'm not so pleased with sitting in front of a heavy working computer waiting to change cds or something)
- recently imported list for the _very last_ import-command; I'm currently importing all my picture-archive and it's quote annoying that I have to manually search for the last imported files to tag them (I usually do this by "unassigned"-categories but it should be done another way)
- please stay single window :-)

besides: thx for the recent builds, they are fantastic

Mirko

nila

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2003, 07:22:43 am »

Some way of tagging List Types in places OTHER than the library (with a GUI - not by typing out a big colon delimited list).

PANES in playing now for tagging (at the top along with the other options currently there) would REALLY allow this to be done WELL.

sraymond

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2003, 09:43:36 am »

Details has all the info but no cover art - also with details the info requires us to scroll around left to right to see different fields - when the fields can be ontop of each other etc - one long field doesn't stop us instantly seeing the information in another field at the same time. - Abit like explorer in 'Tiles' mode but with more configuration options (as seen in AV2 Tiles mode).

If we could design how and where fields were placed in this view along with how they looked in a css style type manner it'd be the Ultimate power.

I get it....  a fourth list style - or did you write that already and I missed it.  I think this is a great idea!  I suggest it presents the view scheme selection as an XML object, applies a user specified XSLT, and renders the result as HTML in the List window (if that's what it's called).  Performance would be a bit slow (especially the rendering part) for the whole library, but it would be great for using with View Schemes.

Scott-

loug

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2003, 10:29:58 am »

I would like the ability to set replay gain for video files (avi).

I am building a collection of music videos and the volume levels are all over the place.

If it is too difficult to scan and set the levels automatically as is done for audio files, give us a method to manually set the replay gain in the database (it does not seem to let me edit this field. If anyone knows how let me know!)

Lou

nila

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2003, 11:00:09 am »

Loug - go over to the third party plugins page.

Look for the thread: Auto Equaliser - Playback Controls.

I could make it so it'd adjust the volume if one was set in a specific field.

Post what you want in there and I can try add it to the plugin as a temp. measure.

LonWar

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2003, 12:18:09 pm »

The only thing that I would want is the ability to adjust the EQ without having to go into DSP studio. (like mini me)

Not sure why you can't...
-

nila

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2003, 01:11:08 pm »

The only thing that I would want is the ability to adjust the EQ without having to go into DSP studio. (like mini me)

Not sure why you can't...

Add it as an AW screen? :)

I'd love to see more options moved there - Plugin Manager - Skin Manager etc so they were integrated into the GUI rather than as floating seperate windows.

DM_AS_BX_RX

• Recent member
  • Hello.  Is this to whom I'm speaking?
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2003, 06:14:59 pm »

These are great ideas. I think.  But mostly I'm LMAO,

It was easy enough to start this thread but I'm clearly too stupid to add to it.  I hope JRiver has the PHDs necessary to understand the ABCs and XYZs of the XMLs, EACs, SDKs, HTMLs and all the other stuff.

I hope the next version is as cool as this stuff sounds.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to call the help desk to make my printer work.

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2003, 12:01:21 am »

Another one:

• "rename by tag-info": I wish the settings for different mediatypes were saved seperated - the reason for this is, that I would like to store music and images on different drives (and directories) with different naming schemes
  • thumbnails for video-files: let the user choose which frame to use - some videos have a black beginning or the first few frames are not quite informative about the contents. Maybe this could be solved by using a "patchwork"-thumbnail (e.g. 4 different frames from 4 totally different positions in the file grouped together)
  • replaygain for playlists (like album-replaygain): the reason is, that I often do my own "mirko-collection" with very different songs in it and the normal replaygain-values don't quite match (I use mp3gain, which lets me choose an album-replaygain, now to handle this)
  • Listview-Templates: set up a view with column-sizes, -visibility and so on and save the layout as a template. This way I can easily switch between different layouts if I need them (in my case: I often have to see "BPM" as the first column and then length - but often I have to see Artist, Name and so on, also)

Okay, maybe more than just one :-)

Mirko

ghappe

• Recent member
  • Collectors Items or Items to Collect?
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2003, 12:59:38 am »

A small addition to the wish list could be the ability to import and export bio's, lyrics and notes to text files as a batch job with the same filename notation as the one for covers.

kind greetings,
Guido

G.G.Happé

LisaRCT

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2003, 08:36:25 am »

TV - closed caption while Muted
TV - "Blended Desktop" feature like ATi's AIW cards have

variable priority level/focus (as in dbPowerAmp) for 'Convert File'

Peak level (clipping) available as toolbar item

When making changes to multiple files, dialog box should include "Yes to all" and/or "No to all" options

'sticky' menu options so as to remember last choice
(i.e. - delete-from library/send to recycle bin,
get from internet-loose/tight match, update library - delete/clean tags)
. . . (or at least a registry hack to make it so)

nila

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2003, 09:03:42 am »

BIG ONE to REALLY help improve the DB size :)

BIOS and other user defined fields to be made relative so that ONE bios can be attached to ALL songs from each artist.
Right now we're having the same info store in the library for each song for that artist (192 tupac songs = a LOT of wasted space just for that single artist)

Maybe set it so we could define what it's relative to so:

Bios -->>  Artist  (would make Bios apply to all artists)
Album Info -->> Artist - Album  (would make album info apply to all artist - album combinations).

Ability to save encoder strings (settings) so we can save our own mp3 pre-set's (I'm still having to use Razorlame for converting purely for this one feature)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2003, 09:37:40 am »

Mirko,

If you are using Win 2K or XP you can already pick any frame you want to use as a video thumbnail.  Unfortunately this feature does not work on 98 or NT...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2003, 10:02:32 am »

Mirko,

If you are using Win 2K or XP you can already pick any frame you want to use as a video thumbnail.  Unfortunately this feature does not work on 98 or NT...

Hm. Why didn't I notice?

Thanks,
Mirko

zevele10

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2003, 10:28:25 am »

An  EJECT CD BUTTON

nila

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2003, 12:45:01 pm »

How do we get the video frame as the thumbnail ??

Just found it - have to pause the video to do it - it's not working though :( - WinXP - What exactly am I meant to do to make this work?

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2003, 01:51:34 pm »

Another idea:

• "Playing Now" - "Find CD": Please add "amazon.de" - I don't like paying so much for handling & shipping.

tjobbins

• World Citizen
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2003, 07:01:11 pm »

Here's my list - quite long :)  Now that I am using MC every waking moment, I've built up a list of quite a few things that would make it even better for me (some people are never satisified..)  

Do let me know if any of this can be done currently, I might have missed something!

1. Support for Winamp visualisation plugins.  That's the only thing I really miss since I became a MC convert - the visualisations in Winamp (particularly Milkdrop) were superb.  Sometimes when I have parties I still use winamp to play music, just so we can get cool vis on my TV.

2. Being able to apply a sort to a view list.  For example,  my Audio tree has two columns: Album Artist (auto), Album.  I want Artist to be sorted alphabetically as it is currently, but then I want Album sorted by Date - i.e. I want all albums by a particular artist to appear in chronological order, not alphabetically.

3. More customisation on toolbars/menus.  I frequently use the commands 'Move/Copy Disk File' and 'Fill track Numbers From List Order', but can see no way to get these on a toolbar.  Plus it would be great to customise the right click menu - it's cool that the last used command always appears at the top of this menu, but it'd be even better to be able to choose what commands would always appear on this menu (or appear there based on context)

3a. Be able to customise the Action window, putting links to individual trees/playlists/drives/etc

3b. Have complete control over the MC left pane (sorry don't know the proper name :) ), e.g. so that I could have just three entries:  Audio, Video, My Computer.  Audio and Video being tree views - i.e. I want them to appear on their own, not under Media Library.  Other items, e.g. TV Tuner, I would want to hide completely.

3c. Be able to customise keyboard shortcuts, assigning a key combo to any command.  Plus add mouse shortcuts - e.g. I could assign a command to a click of the middle mouse button, and/or reassign mouse buttons 4 and 5 on the Intellimouse away from back/forward to something else.

4. An extra 'Fill Track Numbers From List Order' option - 'Start At X'.  so that the first track number in the highlighted list is set to X and the rest of the list is incremented from that (useful when joining multi-CD albums into one big album)

5. A FLAC decoder

6. Be able to rip more than one CD at once

7. Be able to use the MC user interface whilst synchronising with a handheld - currently when I sync with my iPod, I cannot minimise the sync window like I can with rip/burn/other windows, so I cannot continue to use MC.  MC does keep playing, and can be controlled via the web interface, so I guess it's just the UI that's locked.

8. When using Multi-zones, be able to swap Playing Now between zones and synchronise between zones.  Sometimes I queue up a load of files to play on my Zone 2, then I want to go into another room (zone 1) and keep listening to those same songs.  Would be great to have be able to select a bunch of files and:  Add To Zone X Playing Now, Replace Zone X Playing Now, etc.

9. Option in Media Server to control the format and bandwidth it uses - all of my library is in APE format, and it is impractical to stream this across the net.  It would be great to be able to on-the-fly convert to MP3 at a bitrate of my choice.

10. An alternative Media Server mode that allows the client to control the server - the client MC basically becomes a remote control, changing what the server is playing.

11. Synchronise two libraries - this would compare two libraries, and copy/update files such that they both end up identical.  Would need conflict management - if one file updated in both libraries, choose which update to keep.  I keep a backup of my library on another HD, and periodically I install that HD so I can renew the backup.  Currently I have to either work out what has changed and copy those files (laborious and often miss stuff), or nuke the backup and recopy (takes several hours)

I'm going to stop now :)

Tom

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2003, 11:12:31 pm »

User configurable buttons...this helps to cusomise MC to the user.

Put another way

The ability to assign buttons to certain features in MC...maybe this shoudl be called user shortcut buttons.

This has been asked for a long time...

my case specifically...i tend to switch between gapless & Crossfade depending on whether i am listening to a random mix or an album.

i have to go into Tools->Options->Playback each time.

I wish there was a programmable button that i could presss that would toggle between these 2 settings.

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2003, 11:37:01 pm »

An improved Hairstyle...  well, refined...  probably would benefit from having customizable buttons mentioned above.

pocket

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2003, 12:43:52 am »

Please update the Web Media functionality.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=16267

[Sorry for the lag folks.  I'm away on vacation]

Vermaje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • En français, ce serait mille fois mieux !
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2003, 01:18:00 am »

:) ;) :D

Please for MC9.2 or MC10, give me the choice :

1°) To submit my tracks to CDDB (for classical music, YADB is blank !)

2°) Of the language (english, german, french, spanish, portuges...)

3°) To add thousand and thousand plugins and skins for more fun and pleasure !

Happy Christmas, happy new year 2004, 2005, ...2100 !

::) :) ;) :D

Jean-Marc

LisaRCT

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2003, 08:23:00 am »

Please update the Web Media functionality.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=16267
[Sorry for the lag folks.  I'm away on vacation]

LOL . . . I've been wondering when I'd see you post that here.
Go Pocket Go!  ;)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2003, 02:28:48 pm »

if everyone puts there wish list in here, with the power vested in me by J river I will make sure it happens.

BTW I have no power, Vested in me
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

fex

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2003, 10:43:47 pm »

I want a new view  mode for v10.
Right now we have details - lovely for details - album cover - um, somewhat useful to see a picture.
I'd like an Album Cover + Info mode - similar to a ListView in smallIcons or List mode....

Would be very cool.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2003, 05:10:06 am »

Audio:
1) Multizone sync: Playing the same music on different zones

1) Select images from Media Library or an image playlist and sending them to a cycling wallpaper changer front end. Frontend changes wallpaper every 15 or 30 minutes with images from Media Library.

2) Select images from Media Library or an image playlist and create a new screensaver file (*.scr), so that I can share my images with others. Would like to have different wallpaper cycles or  screensavers with a distinguished name such as Summer screensaver, Winter screensaver, Mountains screensaver, Sunset Screensaver, Tropical islands screensaver etc.

3) Select images from Media Library or an image playlist together with music and  create a new exe file that runs a slideshow that I can share my images with others.

4) Add an autorun feature to 2+3), so that I can burn a self-starting cd running either a screensaver, a slide show or a slide show inside a trial-version of MC9.1, so that I can share my images with others and at the same time others may try out MC9.1 and eventually buy it themselves.

5) The slide show should have a configurable start page in Hairstyle like interface, where I can select different shows.

6) There should be more configurability on how I want display tag info on the screen like font size and color, area of the screen, duration of display, different moving modes etc. Some kind of extension of the track info page.

A good example of above functionality can be seen at http://www.digitalphotoslideshow.com/. The disadvantage of such a program is that I cannot use all my tagged information stored in MC9.1 and need another app. Could also be an add-on to MC9.1, I would gladly pay extra money for it.

Absurrrd

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2003, 06:51:57 am »

My request is for DFX and other DSP to work on videos.
If anyone can tell me about a plugin that could make that happen now I'll fix it so you're the next governer of California. I know what you're thinkin. Arnold didn't believe me either when I asked for one more Terminator movie...... ;D
                                                  Best Fishes,
                                                   Chris
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up