INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.161 Available  (Read 19762 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.161 Available
« on: August 10, 2004, 01:42:07 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100161.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.161 (8/10/04)

1. Fixed: Smartlist selection dialog would show an extra checked empty value when <empty> was selected.
2. Fixed: Drag-n-drop of subfolders with periods in them would not always work properly.

10.0.160 (8/9/04)

1. Fixed: MC could display a "failed to register mcmimeman" message on startup.
2. NEW: Media Server displays message when already running.
3. Fixed: Tag importing for AAC will capture previously lost tags such as Album.

10.0.159 (8/9/04)

1. Fixed: When ripping CD's to wave format with "rip/encode simultaneous" disabled and "overwrite existing" enabled, the final file never showed up.
2. Fixed: When burning an audio CD with direct decoding enabled, some mp3 source files could cause incorrect track boundaries on the resultant CD.
3. Changed: MC modified so Portable Devices are compatible with WMP 10.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sub-24

• World Citizen
  • It Happens
Re:Media Center 10.0.161 Available
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 05:24:57 pm »

what is there no bugs left.

No-one has made a post against this in almost a whole day.

This build must be rock solid.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 01:10:41 am »

When playing files over Media Server, even wave files have gaps between them.  If I play the same files over the network without using Media Server (i.e. if I simply navigate in the MC tree to the network drive and play the same songs) they play gapless, so this is not a network issue -- it's specific to Media Server.

Based on the behavior I'm seeing in the time counter, it appears that Media Server does not download the next song in sequence until it's time to play it.  Rather, it seems to wait until the next song is supposed to start, and THEN it gets it from the drive.  The reason I believe this is because normally (i.e. without using Media Server) the time counter changes in the last 5 seconds of a song reflecting the "next" song rather than the one that's currently playing.  With Media Server, however, the current song counts all the way down to the end of the track, then briefly says "Opening," then "Waiting," the switches to the next track.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 01:18:08 am »

Visualizations do not work with wave files when played over Media Server.  Visualizations work fine for mp3s over Media Server, but when a wav file is played, the Playing Now window says

"Media Center cannot play visualizations for this file type.  Visualizations are only available for internally supported file types.  (mp3, ogg, wav, ape, etc.)"

The files ARE wave files, which are part of that list, and as I mentioned, visualizations do work for mp3s played over Media Server.  Also, if I play the same wave files directly without going through Media Server, the visualizations play normally.

Thanks,

Larry

Branxx

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 04:06:59 am »

Another problem with WAV files and Media Server: on my client it does not want to play WAV file type.

It plays all other type (WMA, MP3). If  I navigate to the network drive directly that I than it works.

On theother hand connecting my laptop to media server work OK for all file including WAV.

The file bit rate in all cases shows ? for WAV files and the actual bit rate for other file types.

Any ideas?

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 04:21:58 am »

VIDEO:

Mpg: Some mpg files play stragely. Mainly mpgs downloaded from the net with errors in them. At a point when the file hits the error it stops playing in MC.
Or MC will report it as being a certain length but the progress bar will hit the end and the file will stop playing even though there is lots of actual time remaining to be played.
These same mpgs play fine in WinDVD on my machine.

Realmedia: When clicking on links from the bbc page to play a news item, MC tries to put it in playing now, but then gives an error message saying "No files in playlist"

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 12:38:03 pm »

Realmedia: When clicking on links from the bbc page to play a news item, MC tries to put it in playing now, but then gives an error message saying "No files in playlist"

Streaming media has been a problem for ages. It has been unsolvable for the JRiver folks. I just go ahead and use foobar or WMP to play streams. Less aggravating that way.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 01:08:54 pm »

Just been tagging a few files and the "auto complete" feature no longer seems to work in the Artist field at all. Strangely it does in the Genre field OK.

I've now reached over 2,000 artists - is this the issue or is it just co-incidence?

Can anybody shed any light on this? Thanks.

John

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 04:48:33 pm »

I have my library in APE format and installed SP2 and the new WMP10 tech preview.

When I try to convert to WMA lossless MC reproducably crashes in media core.

dbPoweramp converter works just fine o the same files.

Cheers

Thomas

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2004, 06:43:53 pm »

lots of my video files are turning up in my audio viewchemes even with the media type: audio rule in them.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2004, 06:58:28 pm »

lots of my video files are turning up in my audio viewchemes even with the media type: audio rule in them.
What file types?  Are you running build 161?

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2004, 12:13:35 pm »

I am running build .161 and have a view scheme with the following rules:

[Number Plays]=<=0 ~a [Media Type]=[Audio]

but am getting lots of .avi files appear in it. However they are not appearing some of my other view schemes ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2004, 03:08:43 pm »

urlybird

• Junior Woodchuck
  • .^.^.^......... ..^.^.^..
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 05:14:56 pm »

Slideshow plugin is not working anymore. Get messages it is loading x of y images and "y" keeps decreasing by one each time, but no images are displayed. Tried several different artists, albums etc. but no images get displayed.

I was away on holidays so I jumped several versions on last update - not sure
when this started to happen.

Thanks !

newruler

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2004, 01:01:17 pm »

Bug when deleting from Recently Imported.  I had 5 mp3 files showing in my Recently Imported files.  4 of the 5 files where the same song with different file names.  I used Shift+Del to tell Media Center to permanently delete some of the files.  Deleted two of the duplicates fine; however, on trying to delete the fourth one, my other song dissappeared along with the one I was trying to delete, in it's place is an empty red x showing a missing file.   On checking the files,  it deleted the single song and left the duplicate.

Media Center Registered 10.0.161 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1529 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 303 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1552 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: SAMSUNG  CDRW/DVD SM-352B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JeffB

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2004, 02:52:35 pm »

I am getting this error when MC has been running for a few minutes.  MC does not have to be playing any files, just sitting there doing nothing is enough.

Code: [Select]
Media Center has encountered critical error #30.  Some essential component is missing or corrupted.

Please uninstall and reinstall the latest version of Media Center.  If error persists, report ot to JRiver.

When I uninstall and re-install the problem goes away.  But when I restart my computer it comes back.  This didn't happen before the upgrade from SP1 to SP2.

My current install is a <1 day old XP SP2 from a slipstreamed disc.  The hard drive was re-partitioned and formatted before the install.  My last install was XP SP1 upgraded to SP2.

Code: [Select]
Media Center 10.0.161 -- F:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1817 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 288 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive H: LITE-ON  LTR-32123S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

I haven't used a license restore because I don't want to waste them all on this problem.  Please Help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2004, 03:10:40 pm »

JeffB,

Something is corrupting the Media Jukebox.exe file.

Check for viruses or other software that could tamper with EXE files.

Start another thread if you'd like to dig more.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2004, 03:57:22 pm »

Download again and DO NOT use a download manager to do so.

JeffB

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2004, 06:02:46 pm »

So that's what it is like to get a virus?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=w32.parite.a&spell=1

Kaspersky found 125 instances of that little annoyance, six of which were temp files that had to be deleted.  It infected everyhing from Doom 3 to WinRAR to Python to Mozilla.  Even the HP printer drivers.  And, unfortunately, Media Center. :-[

I made a back-up of all the data I wanted to keep before I wiped the HD to install XP SP2 and I made sure the network connection was unplugged during the OS install and the installation of the software.  The virus is probably in my back-up somewhere.  Seems it would be a good practice to virus scan you data before doing a back-up.

Everything works fine now.  Thank You.

tofer

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2004, 04:22:09 pm »

I am getting the following error each time media center stops (both when it has completed playing a track or if stopped manually):

I am running version 10.161 on a p4 with a gig of RAM and 20+ gig of available hard drive space.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
---------------------------
Runtime Error!

Program: D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Media Jukebox.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2004, 04:33:03 pm »

I am getting the following error each time media center stops (both when it has completed playing a track or if stopped manually):

I am running version 10.161 on a p4 with a gig of RAM and 20+ gig of available hard drive space.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Media Jukebox.exe
Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2004, 04:57:47 pm »

Strange bug :
3d visualisations is VERY slow (1,3 fps) when I put it on a second monitor (full screen or standart view ) while it runs smoothly (sticks to the 35fps limit I set) in the main monitor. Same behavior if I switch main and secondary : smooth on the main and 1fps on the second display.

With a mini skin that has a 350x350 pixels visualisation window, I have 15fps (instead of 35fps on the main display).

Gforce, classic Visualisation and other plugins works perfectly on both displays.

I use a dell Inspiron (centrino 1,7Ghz, 2Go RAM) with a ATI 9600 Pro turbo (catalyst 4.5).

Intel Unknown 613 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 1446 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD+RW ND-5100A   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-5100A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2004, 11:48:35 pm »

When playing Ogg files over Media Server, manipulating the position slider doesn't work properly -- moving the slider does not change to that point in the song.  If you move the slider to the end of the song, the song just keeps playing, and the counter just keeps counting higher, going well beyond the "total time" displayed for the song.

(This issue may somehow be related to the problem with wav files not playing gapless over Media Server.)

I know that Jim said the wav issue would not be fixed, but I'm hoping that this decision might be reconsidered given that there are other issues with Media Server (i.e. the Ogg issue, and the fact that visualizations do not work with wave files over Media Server.)

Thanks,

Larry

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2004, 01:05:12 am »

Enabling Tagging mode with F4 key don't always work.
I often have to click on a checkbox to popup the "tagging mode instructions" dialog.
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2004, 06:24:11 am »

When playing Ogg files over Media Server, manipulating the position slider doesn't work properly...

I can confirm this. With MPC files the position slider jumps instantly back to the previous position. It is not a new bug (I am not sure if this has ever worked). Something prevents the position slider from working with OGG or MPC files.

MP3 and WMA behave normally when changing the position. Big APE files have often "jamming" problems even with 100 mbit LAN (audio is repeating several seconds until the new position is found).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

221bBS

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2004, 09:06:55 am »

MC seems to be having problems with ! and : when using the "RENAME FROM FILE PROPERTY" command. MC won't move the folder and the music within the folder.

221bBS

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2004, 10:08:01 am »

Edit to my above post

Um...not sure why some files are not being moved....Doesn't seem to be the ! or : characters that is the problem.

I Moved some more files and another album was not moved to its new location ?

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
Import Bug
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2004, 12:22:40 pm »

*** BUG ***
Have MP3 files in C:\TEMP\MUSIC

Tools-->Import Media-->Search-->Select "Yes" to "You are attempting to import from a directory which Media Jukebox normally excludes.  Are you sure you want to import 'C:\Temp\Music\'?

Will always return a ZERO files imported (and not import) even is matches exist.

*** TYPO ***
Jukebox in dialog above should be Center
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

shAf

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2004, 12:41:23 pm »

I am noticing with this build (versus 159) that I can no longer hover over a track and see the popup "balloon" (which generally includes the cover art, and other info).  Instead, I see only a flash, as if the popup shows for a millisecond and then disappears.

shAf  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

shAf

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2004, 01:34:05 pm »

... I can no longer hover over a track and see the popup "balloon" ...

This problem seems to have mysteriously cleaned itself up   ::)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

221bBS

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2004, 01:52:51 pm »

OK...think I figured out why some folders and the files inside a folder were not getting moved. It has to do with periods...Seems that folders with periods were not being moved.

It seems to move folders and files with periods in the beginning of the name but not if it is inside the name.

like   ...Ablum   would be moved
but   ABC...Album  would not be moved to it's new location

cjkawmj

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2004, 05:16:19 pm »

Stutter when playing MIDIs

Sounds like the track is being played with two buffers as if data is stored in buffer #1 and is being played while buffer #2 is being loaded with the next data, but it never gets played as buffer #1 is reloaded with the next data and played.  There seems to be a change of rate depending on how much data was loaded.  The end result is a stutter of variable rate.

- The MIDIs played fine in MJ8 and recently started having stutters.
 - Upgraded to MC10 and MIDIs played great for a couple of hours, then started stuttering on some songs, but not others.  Eventually with a few more plays, ALL started stuttering.
 - Reinstalls helped initially, but then shortly started stuttering.
 - Now uninstalls/clean installs (including registry) no longer will allow anything other than silence or stutters.
 - If I start a MIDI, there is silence.  If I double-click, press the play button or  go previous or next song I get the stutters.
 - The stutters sound like there are two buffers. but only one of them are getting played.  Almost like fast-forwarding a CD.
 - When playing  a MIDI, MC10 cannot determine length and the duration slider cannot be moved.

------------------------
System info.
------------------------

Intel Pentium 4 2164 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 506 MB, Free - 182 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max

Burning /  Drive D: TEAC     DW-224E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes

Thank you,

Calvin

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2004, 07:59:12 am »

OK...think I figured out why some folders and the files inside a folder were not getting moved. It has to do with periods...Seems that folders with periods were not being moved.

It seems to move folders and files with periods in the beginning of the name but not if it is inside the name.

like   ...Ablum   would be moved
but   ABC...Album  would not be moved to it's new location

Related (I think):

Over the weekend I tried to rip "Clubber's Guide to... Trance" and I got an error when it tried to write the first file. When I renamed to CD simply to "Clubber's Guide to Trance" it ripped fine.

Sniffy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Honore ton erreur comme une intention cachée
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2004, 12:25:06 pm »

Hi
Since I install Mc11, I'm unable to burn a CD on MC10.
The error message is in French "membre introuvable".

I pick up tracks and "send to" "cd or dvd burner".
The "burn cd or dvd" popup open on the bottom left.
When I click on "Next", I got the message  "membre introuvale"
In english it could be "member unreachable"

Media Center Registered 10.0.159 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2524 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 183 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1552 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F: _NEC    DVD+RW ND-1100A   Mode:Normal  Type:IDE  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes

Pascal

Branxx

• Recent member
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2004, 02:01:13 pm »

I am using the following following directory and the file name rules:

Directory: [Artist]\[Album] [Date (year)]
File Name: [Artist] - [Album] [Date (year)] - [Track #] - [Name] [Composer] - [Genre]

If I rip or rename files without supplying the '[Date (Year)]' i.e. field is empty, the directory is created as e.g.

Weezer\Weezer []

but the file name is complicated by inserting 'Unknown' instead of empty string for all missing fields, e.g.

Weezer - Weezer [Unknown Date (year)] - 01 - My name is Jonas [Unknown Composer] - Unknown Genre.wav

Can this be fixed?

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2004, 10:09:13 am »

If I select STOP from the tray icon or a multimedia keyboard or wait until the last track in 'playing now' is played, then MC quits (no error message)

Marcel

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2004, 04:31:31 pm »

While importing, names were truncated
"Antonio Vivaldi / L'estate - A"
The Tag inside the file seems to be correct. Windows file properties show the complete name.

Tags were written with CDEx. MC9 reads them without any problem

noisy_pickle

• Recent member
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2004, 11:21:57 pm »

This version STILL continues to crash when it tries to play Real Audio files that have the hash symbol (#) in the filename.  For  example, attempting to play "fugue in C# minor.ra" will crash MediaCenter.

noisy_pickle

• Recent member
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2004, 11:29:28 pm »

More detail:  A dialog box comes up and says that Real Audio can not find a component to play the file.  However, the file plays just fine when I use Real Audio Player (version 10).  This leads me to suspect that MediaCenter is not correctly passing such filenames to Real Audio Player.  Thanks.

This version STILL continues to crash when it tries to play Real Audio files that have the hash symbol (#) in the filename.  For  example, attempting to play "fugue in C# minor.ra" will crash MediaCenter.

sertua

• Recent member
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2004, 12:03:12 pm »

Hi, a possible bug:

I've been ripping (secure) and encoding (lame 3.90.3 as external encoder) a few cds with MC lately, and I noticed that the ripping progress bar either:
  • doesn't work in sync with the actual status of the track ripping (ripping is 80% done but the bar is at about 40%).  Then starting with the second track, the bar remains invariably full.
  • Or the progress bar fills up ok during the first track but then remains full for the rest of the album while ripping.
I use two simultaneous processes.

Intel Unknown 599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 777 MB, Free - 512 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: MATSHITAUJDA755 DVD/CDRW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive F: MATSHITA UJDA755 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes

'T'

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2004, 10:42:32 pm »

I have tried to download the updates for over 2 weeks now... i can never get through... it seems like the server is overloaded or something.  ?
The same happens when the media center itself is trying to update the version?? I had this problem a few months back.. but then it got better and i could download updates with no problem.

If ur server is that busy... what can i do? any time of day better than others? I stay in Singapore.,

Thanks
T.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2004, 11:10:03 am »

No problems with the connection here in Finland (now or before). I just downloaded MC 11.0.78 and it came down at a speed of 100 kilobytes/second. It took about 3 minutes.

The problem must be with your Internet connection (or service provider). Can you download any big files from other US servers?

You could try Media Center's Download Manager. Start it manually and go to File -> Add URL and write the address in "http format" like this: http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100161.exe. Then it allows you to restart an interrupted download.

Edit:
You should also check your temporally files space.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2004, 04:37:42 pm »

After installing the latest version of Windows Media Player 10 (to get the latest WMT codecs), Media Center 10.0.161 no longer rips cds.

I've created another thread dedicated to this problem...

Eddienyc1

• Recent member
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2004, 10:10:13 am »

I've encountered the same problem, Media Center crashes as soon as I try to rip a CD track to windows lossless. I updated to Windows Media Player 10.0 last week. It appears the Windows Media plug-in is not working with the new version of Windows Media Player

shortie

• Junior Woodchuck
  • reachin' up to touch bottom
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2004, 11:08:56 pm »

Bug: Renamed a file to a non-existant drive and MC 10.0.161 deleted the file.  The drive was actually a disconnected USB drive.
Shortie

Eddienyc1

• Recent member
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2004, 08:17:55 pm »

I'm having a problem when trying to convert FLAC files to MP3, using the MP3 plugin. I have no problems converting these same files to WMA or any other of the supported formats, just MP3. As the conversion completes for each track I get a pop-up message stating "failed to update the following files, then I get the full path to the new MP3 file, then a statement which says "this may happen when files are missing, in use, read-only, or corrupt". Even though this happens, the MP3 file is in fact created and plays fine! The problem is this pop-up screen prevents me from performing batch conversions from FLAC to MP3,which is one of the primary things I want to accomplish. Has anyone else had this type of problem, and is there a fix?

Imran

• Recent member
  • Personal Superhero
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2004, 08:31:33 am »

I'm having a problem when pressing ctrl+F to find something in the library, It doesn't let me type the phrase to search for unless I  press down to access the search submenu then hit escape, then the cursor comes back.

jaguar.x

• Junior Woodchuck
  • no matter what you do...
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2004, 05:07:26 pm »

do you know when will be available the final release of Media Center 11?
______
...for every begin there is another end to keep on beginning...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2004, 06:05:04 pm »

No.  Sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up