INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.158 Alpha Available  (Read 2408 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.158 Alpha Available
« on: December 21, 2004, 09:36:38 am »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110158.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.158 (12/21/04)

1. Fixed: Audio playback could fail on some systems.

11.0.157 (12/21/04)

1. Fixed: Showing some menus could show an "invalid argument" error dialog.
2. Fixed: Display's bottom bar didn't have a left button.

11.0.156 (12/20/04)

1. Fixed: Custom View > Thumbnail Spacing settings were not working properly.
2. Fixed: Playlist / Playing Now views wouldn't update after view setting changes until leaving and coming back.
3. Fixed: Display bars would never disappear on mouse inactivity if the cursor wasn't over the display.
4. Changed: Foreign characters (which caused iPod files to not play) are replaced with '_'.
5. Fixed: Portable device progress could sometimes report as a negative value.
6. Fixed: Portable device m3u creation handles CR/LF correctly for all devices.
7. NEW: Redesigned playback display system that allows track info, cover art, etc. to be displayed during playback of all file types.
8. Changed: List item selection extends across the entire row in a list control.
9. Fixed: Viewing a non-burning CD drive could cause MC to display unneeded error messages.
10. Fixed: Some MRU menu commands would not work properly.
11. Fixed: Toolbar text mode setting would not always work / save as expected.
12. Fixed: Some standard accelerators better handled when in-place editing with MC. (F4 opens combo, ctrl/shift left or right, etc.)
13. Fixed: Searches with sorting wouldn't always work properly when other searches were added to them. (with the panes, etc.)
14. Changed: ~mix uses exact ratios instead of random approximates. (so 75% / 25% of 20 always returns 15 / 5)
15. Fixed: Changing playback zones while viewing Playing Now wouldn't properly update the display to the new zone's display.
16. Fixed: Right-click > Locate items were not working properly.

11.0.149 (12/14/04)

1. Fixed: In some cases, dropping files on a playlist wouldn't refresh the playlist properly so that the new files were visible.
2. Changed: Removed "Show Order" / "Remove Order" option from playlists -- all playlists are ordered now.
3. Fixed: Library Options did not save all correctly after fresh install.
4. Changed: When attempting tagging read-only files, MC will show an error dialog immediately, instead of after 10-minutes or on shutdown.
5. Changed: MC 11 supports all MC 10 skins, even for Library Browser view. (uses defaults for some new items from "[MC]\Data\Default Skin Items" folder)
6. Changed: MC supports "Tree > ExpandedButton" skin item for replacing the stock plus / minus boxes in the tree.
7. Changed: Tree > My Computer > Right-click > Import shows standard import dialog, with current directory shown in the folder list.
8. Fixed: Command-line /Import and /SilentImport could cause MC to crash if it wasn't running.
9. NEW: Command-line /Import and /SilentImport now accepts directories as well as filenames in the filename list. (pipe-delimited)
10. Changed: Importing from Explorer will now show an import summary and the files that were just imported.
11. Fixed: "Restore Library..." wouldn't default to the default library backup path.
12. Fixed: Thumbnail views could not fill in all thumbnails in some cases.
13. Fixed: Import's "Download Images" dialog could appear behind MC, making MC seem locked.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Lui2

• Recent member
  • Typical MC User
Re: Media Center 11.0.158 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 01:13:20 pm »

Genre dropdown list is missing current value
When changing the genre, the value already set to the current track is missing in the list of values. That leads to a direct change of the current value to the next value with the same starting string.
E. g. you want to edit the genre for a track with genre before set to rock:
1) Set focus to the genre field
2) The value of genre is set to the next value that starts with rock (e.g. rock-jazz), if there's no such value, the original value stays
3) You can reset the value to rock by editing the value (but still not displayed in the list of possible values).

That behavoir can easily lead to unwanted changes to the genre field by switching through the fields in tag info window.

matshif

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 01:14:37 pm »

Thank you, Matt  :)

All my files are playing again.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 01:25:24 pm »

Genre dropdown list is missing current value
When changing the genre, the value already set to the current track is missing in the list of values. That leads to a direct change of the current value to the next value with the same starting string.
E. g. you want to edit the genre for a track with genre before set to rock:
1) Set focus to the genre field
2) The value of genre is set to the next value that starts with rock (e.g. rock-jazz), if there's no such value, the original value stays
3) You can reset the value to rock by editing the value (but still not displayed in the list of possible values).

That behavoir can easily lead to unwanted changes to the genre field by switching through the fields in tag info window.

In-place editing is in the middle of a rework.  The new list-type field editing isn't totally hooked up either.  Look for this to shake out over the next few builds.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 01:27:38 pm »

Thanks Matt for changing that list field issue!

Right before christmas you do these good things to your users - now I can spend my holidays with more effective tagging :D

OK, I hope that you will have fixed the error Lui2 detected until christmas - that could be annoying...

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 01:29:42 pm »

Ipod not really working at all with this build.

Ever since the build (146 I think it was) that re-recognised all the plug ins and portable devices,I haven't been able to synch at all.

In that build my Ipod was recognized as a new device OK but the existing tracks/playlists weren't as MC11 thinks that synching will result in -32.1GB of use (far too much obviously) and wants me to delete all the existing tracks before it will synch ie MC hasn't recognised the existing tracks and seems to want to duplicate them on the Ipod.

If I try just to synch 1 playlist within the limits that MC11 thinks the Ipod has I get a small error symbol with a red "X" in it and an "OK" button.

Can't transfer files to the Ipod via "send to" either - same "too full" message.

Also choosing which playlists to synch is very slow, almost unusable.

John.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 01:42:48 pm »

Can you please report iPod problems on the Portable Players board?  Thanks.

Omni

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 03:39:51 pm »

To follow-up the error report I submitted yesterday, I just manually corrected the file path of one of my iTunes (read:  .m4p) tracks, and not only did MC throw up that "Tagging Error" dialog box (citing the old, invalid file path), but it also popped up the Playback Options dialog box!  Too weird.  :D

Media Center Registered 11.0.149 -- H:\bin\multimedia\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2409 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 670 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive R:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive S:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PREMIUM     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive S: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Pages: [1]   Go Up