INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.162 Alpha Available  (Read 17605 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.162 Alpha Available
« on: December 23, 2004, 12:05:05 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110162.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.162 (12/23/04)

1. Fixed: The mouse pointer would not auto-hide in Theater View.
2. Fixed: Media Mode toolbar buttons wouldn't highlight right away after a click.
3. Fixed: MC will not try to initialize 'Ignored' portable devices.
4. Changed: Additional modifications to improve synchronization to Portables.
5. Fixed: Bug which was preventing Last Played and Rating info from correctly synching from iPod to PC.
6. Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts could get run twice in a row in some cases.

11.0.161 (12/22/04)

1. Fixed: Right-click synchronization for iPod was broken.
2. Fixed: Some toolbar buttons / menu commands would be wrongly disabled. (media modes, etc.)

11.0.160 (12/22/04)

1. Fixed: Synchronization issues with Portable Devices.
2. Changed: Tree / view splitter can be manually moved when in tree auto-sizing mode.
3. Fixed: Custom "Ripping Complete" sounds were not being played.
4. Fixed: Toolbar's "Show text" option was not working properly.
5. Fixed: In some cases, disabled commands could still be executed with keyboard shortcuts.
6. Fixed: Paste, delete, rename, and a few other commands could get routed to unfocused windows when then focused window didn't handle them -- causing unexpected results.
7. Fixed: In some cases, paste or drop operations could show a menu with 'Cancel' as the only choice.
8. NEW: Library Server, TiVo Server and UPnP Server update playcounts and last played times.

11.0.159 (12/21/04)

1. Fixed: Portable Device not always appearing in tree bug.
2. Fixed: iPod refresh after initialization bug.

11.0.158 (12/21/04)

1. Fixed: Audio playback could fail on some systems.

11.0.157 (12/21/04)

1. Fixed: Showing some menus could show an "invalid argument" error dialog.
2. Fixed: Display's bottom bar didn't have a left button.
3. Fixed: Portable Device right click tree item bugs based on incorrect path bugs corrected.

11.0.156 (12/20/04)

1. Fixed: Custom View > Thumbnail Spacing settings were not working properly.
2. Fixed: Playlist / Playing Now views wouldn't update after view setting changes until leaving and coming back.
3. Fixed: Display bars would never disappear on mouse inactivity if the cursor wasn't over the display.
4. Changed: Foreign characters (which caused iPod files to not play) are replaced with '_'.
5. Fixed: Portable device progress could sometimes report as a negative value.
6. Fixed: Portable device m3u creation handles CR/LF correctly for all devices.
7. NEW: Redesigned playback display system that allows track info, cover art, etc. to be displayed during playback of all file types.
8. Changed: List item selection extends across the entire row in a list control.
9. Fixed: Viewing a non-burning CD drive could cause MC to display unneeded error messages.
10. Fixed: Some MRU menu commands would not work properly.
11. Fixed: Toolbar text mode setting would not always work / save as expected.
12. Fixed: Some standard accelerators better handled when in-place editing with MC. (F4 opens combo, ctrl/shift left or right, etc.)
13. Fixed: Searches with sorting wouldn't always work properly when other searches were added to them. (with the panes, etc.)
14. Changed: ~mix uses exact ratios instead of random approximates. (so 75% / 25% of 20 always returns 15 / 5)
15. Fixed: Changing playback zones while viewing Playing Now wouldn't properly update the display to the new zone's display.
16. Fixed: Right-click > Locate items were not working properly.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

10sne1

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.162 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 12:17:08 pm »

It must be Christmas!  These fixes to MC11 are coming fast and furious now.
Thanks....and my iPod thanks you.   ;D

UnknownID

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 12:35:20 pm »

Since you all seem to be on a fixing spree:

1. "Always on top" function for Mini Mode is not working.
2. Right Click > Import Into Library on an opened stream is not working.
3. In playing now I have an mp3 file followed by an pls stream. After the mp3 finished playing and MC starts playing the pls file. The mp3 file gets renamed to whatever the pls file is playing.

Thanks for all your hard work!

LouVanCrinkle

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 01:06:26 pm »

Hey there,
When I try to connect to my media server from my client (both running 162 alpha) with scheduler and server turned on at startup I can see the regular browser interface (at http://servername) but I can't connect via the MC client. I used a command line tool to examine the results of http://servername:80/GetLibrary and the response is "I didn't understand command GetLibrary".

Que?
thanks

PS I've had this problem for a few releases now - I had a problem once during an install and I killed the installer and reinstalled. That was the beginning of my problems here. I have since done a stand alone uninstall (clear registry but not library) but that did not fix things.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 01:35:14 pm »

1. In-place editing is weird, where-as each item used to be highlighted, now the cursor automatically goes to the front (home).

2. Still weridness in the "Prefix list order to filenames" in the burn dialog. If previously checked the box "Prefix list..." and running new instance of MC, this thing will add the list order correctly to the filname. Make one change to the filename though, anything, and all numbers get changed to "1". If starting MC without this previously checked, then checking this box, all numbers go to "1".

It will only work if new instance of MC and previously checked the "prefix list..." box before closing last session of MC.

Thanks,

B

LouVanCrinkle

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 02:10:43 pm »

So I turned off remote server (options->startup) and used the media scheduler task-tray popup to launch media center it failes with:

File c:\program files\j river\media center11\mediajukebox.exe" is not found

What am I missing here?

updated: if I launch the server through tools->advanced tools->media server I get
File c:\program files\j river\media center11\MediaCenter.exe" is not found

Solved:
From the tools->plug-in manager page it was "on" but from the main applicatoin tree (left bar) it was "off".

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 02:12:55 pm »

All my smartlists need to be redone.  The preset ones I used to use...random, one audio CD worth, recently installed, etc are all there but parameters are missing so getting all files!

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 05:20:12 pm »

Ok what am I missing. I can't get any build after .149 to show either the g-force viz or the 3d viv only the older built in viz. :'(
Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 09:39:36 pm »

1. Fixed: The mouse pointer would not auto-hide in Theater View.

Thanks guys! Merry xmas!!!
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 11:04:13 pm »

I put my audio files in order by filename, Change the name of the Album via TAG INFO in the Action pane.  When the tag info is saved my view is switched back to whatever the default sorting is.  Because it changes view I cannot see what I just did!  Sometimes I like to change one item in tag info, then another, but my group is not selected any more!

alias

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2004, 04:42:20 am »

Don't know how long this bug has been here as I only started using MC since 11.0.149 for movies.

Ripped my DVD's via DVDShrink to single Vob file. Import files via "Drag and Drop" as vob seems to be removed from the file types in v11. Using WinDVD Plat v6 as Vob Decoder. Start playing and within about 15mins movie stops and mouse/kb freeze. When I eventually get Task Man up I can see MC has chewed up all the free memory, in my case about 350MB (off 512MB). End task, restart MC and same thing, happens on all my vob files. WinDVD plays them without a hitch.

Have some AVI's and MPEG's I am going to try next, so I'll let you know. Anything else I can provide?

Happy Christmas to all.

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2004, 11:37:14 am »

Fixed: Synch Issue with Jukebox 3 now good again.

Issue: Switching to MiniMe with Ctrl-2 causing MC to crash when MinMe Transparent Mode turned on.

Issue: In MiniMe Mode: I can't turn on the Stay on Top when right clicking on MiniMe. It just ignores it.

Merry Xmas.
Dom
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2004, 11:37:40 am »

Any version after 11.0.149 including 162 crashes when I try to use the Tivo Server.  It crashes when my Tivo tries to find the server (and I assume tries to connect).  Downgrading to 149 works fine.  The error is a msvbvm60.dll related error.  I can provide more details either here or in the Tivo group as needed.

Jinto

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2004, 12:38:16 pm »

tick boxes / radio buttons do not show on pop-ups, clicking text does select option though.

M

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2004, 04:29:46 pm »

I'm finding that one out of every four or so launches of the last couple of builds, closing down MC leaves the "Media Center" process running in task manager.  In this state it won't re-open until I kill the process.  This happens if I launch MC normally, or use mjextman.

Happy Holidays!

-Doug

Omni

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2004, 05:07:16 pm »

Oddity

"Nero's CD-Burning Plugin-in" shows up under Drives & Devices, and this is probably fine--I don't know--but opening it endlessly expands into a branch entitled "Aydin."

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2004, 10:08:44 pm »

When I'm loading new mp3's on my iPod (syncing or transfering files) I am trying to look through all my audio files.  I can't type anything into the search box, although I'm able to browse by using the top panes, artist, genre, etc.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2004, 02:48:31 am »

Odd behaviour during "rename files from properties" - it renames files OK but leaves copies in the original location as well.

Using "import media" and then "delete from MC and delete from computer" I can get rid of them but I've never had this one before!

Happy Christmas!

John

pepe lopex

• Recent member
The thumbnails mode does not show the cover art that it corresponds to him.
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2004, 01:20:20 pm »

The thumbnails mode does not show the cover art that it corresponds to him.

All my mp3 includes the cover art of the album within the file, but in  thumbnails mode some are erroneus;  some cover arts change by others;  in songs of the same disc, some do not show the cover art.

Help!

MC Spanish personal translation: MC en espaņol: Espaņol (ES) --> http://soporte.proel.net/ftp/jrmediacenter/MClangES.zip

outofspace7

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Im using Opera 10 browser! www.opera.com
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2004, 07:54:45 am »

After adding new files to library and relocating older files to new position, Media Center is crashing again when im importing files.

Details HERE :

Error Log:
]www.snegdansk.pl/data.txt]
outofspace

jplumey

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2004, 10:14:08 am »

This one's strange, and I'm not sure if it's a bug or something I am doing.  If can't play any of the songs transferred to the iPod except for those that have been converted from WMA. All my other MP3 files, since they are skipped by the file conversion process when transferring, don't play at all on the iPod. These are standard MP3's, mostly 128 and 160 kbps. If I turn on the file conversion and tell it NOT to skip files of mp3 type, then they play fine. This is royally frustrating. ... any ideas?

jplumey

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2004, 10:23:16 am »

Also, If i double click the files on the ipod they will not play in MC either. If I convert the files first, they play fine in MC.

Tommy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2004, 12:19:15 pm »

I have problems sending keys to the plugins (G-Force for example). It seems like I can't focus on the plugin, focus stays in the tree on the left so when I press L to show current config it jumps to Library Browser.

JeffPalley

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
SQL translator for MC 11?
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2004, 04:33:50 pm »

I noticed that MC 11 will have a "vastly improved database engine."  If it's one of the commercial engines (or even if it isn't), do you think there's any chance of including (or having as an add-on or plug-in) an importer/translator that will take standard (but complex) ANSII SQL queries and turn them into MC smartlists?  Or does anyone know of such a thing now?

I checked and saw that people have requested the reverse: smartlists into SQL.  The reason the SQL-to-smartlist feature would be useful for me is that I know SQL (and I expect lots of other people do), but I have trouble framing smartlist expressions, especially when they get long.  And incidentally, when I mentioned "complex" SQL queries, I really just meant long ones with multiple parentheses ... since it looks like all the information that MC stores is in (or can be thought of as in) a single flat table.

Note to moderator:  If this question is in the wrong "thread," sorry about that and please feel free to move it.

SteveG

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2004, 05:25:55 pm »

Omni,

Did you ever answer the question "Do you want MC to detect the Nero as a Portable Device" yes? If so, that is why it keeps appearing. To fix, in Tools->Options->Handheld click 'Reset detected devices' and then when MC asks what you want to do, say 'No'.

jplumey,

I am not sure I am following what you are doing. You are taking wma, converting to mp3 during the transfer to iPod. After the transfer, you cannot play the converted file from within MC?

jplumey

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2004, 08:28:21 pm »

Omni,

Did you ever answer the question "Do you want MC to detect the Nero as a Portable Device" yes? If so, that is why it keeps appearing. To fix, in Tools->Options->Handheld click 'Reset detected devices' and then when MC asks what you want to do, say 'No'.

jplumey,

I am not sure I am following what you are doing. You are taking wma, converting to mp3 during the transfer to iPod. After the transfer, you cannot play the converted file from within MC?

Standard MP3 files transferred without being transcoded, that is to say that if select the option to skip same file type in the file conversion options, do not play on the ipod or through MC when selecting the file in the IPod view. The only way I can play these files on the ipod is if I convert the MP3 by selecting that option. WMA files play fine as they are automatically converted to MP3 and run through that algorithm.

Omni

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2004, 09:25:20 pm »

Omni,

I don't recall ever being asked that.  This was a clean install, too, if that matters, i.e., it wasn't an upgrade.  (I had just reformatted my HD.)  I'm pretty sure if I had been asked that, I would have said, "No" (or "ignore") or whatever since I really have yet to figure out what that plug-in is for.  I only know it keeps popping up everywhere. :P  (Here... WMP... etc.).

And doing the "Tools->Options->Handheld click 'Reset detected devices'" things does nothing.   I even tried restarting MC.  Still... nothing... <shrug>

Media Center Registered 11.0.159 -- H:\bin\multimedia\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2408 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 817 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive R:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive S:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PREMIUM     Addr: 1:2:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive S: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 1:3:0  Speed:9  MaxSpeed:9  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2004, 09:51:30 pm »

Any chance the "Disc #/Track #" sequence bug will be fixed? The only way my list will properly order a list consisting of disc 1, 2, 3, etc. is if I add an extra pane for disc number and veiw the discs one at a time.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2004, 06:52:22 am »

Just a reminder of a bug pointed out in 11.0.140.  It i still there.

I have the genres  “Tango”, “Tango - Milonga” and “Tango - Vals”  in my library. When I select “Tango -  Milonga” or “Tango - Vals”, some (a smaller part) of the tracks with “Tango” in the Genre field are included along with the tracks that really fit my selection.  In MC 10 this works without any problem. The "Tango" seem to also appear in the "Tango" seletion where they belong. The same phenomenon appears also for the more established gengres "Jazz" and "Jazz fusion", so it's not about the hyphen i my homemade genres. I may add that I do the selection by selecting from the items in the "Genre" field in the tree menu and in the "Genre"  field in the view panes, not through the general search function.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2004, 09:03:33 am »

When trying to configure keyboard shortcuts using Girder's Keyboard EX plugin, MC crashes during Learning mode. It doesnt crash until I hit the command key. While holding the switch keys, it is fine, but as soon as I hit the command key, it crashes.

-edit

The crash happens regardless of whether I am in Learning mode or not. If I try to use any keyboard shortcut (i.e. ctrl+P, ctrl+s, etc.) while the keyboard ex plugin is installed, MC crashes.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2004, 11:47:55 am »

I figured it out

I reported this before

If your at the start page click on the search box

"Go" will show up in the seach box to the right

I guess it is part of

"Go Start"
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

benrad

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2004, 01:30:04 pm »

I'm not sure if anyone has mentione this before, but the sideways-scrolling mouse wheel on my Logitech MX Laser mouse doesn't work in any views within MC. I'm using the Logitech SetPoint software.

Omni

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2004, 04:12:42 pm »

Bug:  Not All Fields Updated after Conversion

Last week, I converted some of my Christmas tracks from WMA 9 Lossless to MPC.  (WMA = what comes with WMP 9, not WMP 10, and MPC = whatever you have on your plug-ins page)

I was just about to delete these tracks (now that Christmas is over :() when I noticed the following:

In other words, the (relatively) new "Compression" field didn't get updated and is still citing the old compression type.

Update:  FYI, I let MC do the converting, and I have not upgraded WMP to v.10 yet.

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2004, 06:13:11 am »

Matt,

As you know, I'm having trouble with the audioScrobbler plugin :)
I just wanted to let you know (the author is nowhere to be found) that the plugin works fine on my computer when using MC 10.0.173, but keeps giving me a runtime error in MC 11.0.62 alpha.

Other people report MC11 working fine with the plugin.

I'm posting this just in case it helps uderstanding why MC10 works but MC11 doesn't FOR ME.

My guess is that something in the registry is corrupt. Can you help here? What can be an obvious culprit? How would I delete everything that can cause the AS runtime error?

THanks,

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2004, 10:03:39 pm »

I type a word into the search box and it does find what I'm looking for...but for the life of me can't figure out why other selections are there.  I searched all the tags and don't see the search criteria. 

When I am playing an mp3 I get cover art from other albums (which are in the playing now list).  I would like to see cover art from selection I am listening to.  My image is saved inside file.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2004, 11:21:48 am »

When burning a CD (in this case an MP3 disk) I get the following errors:

1- "Error 32 openning data file: C:\Documents and Settings\LisaRCT\My Documents\My Music\Temp\MCTranscoded.iso
Data disk will not be readable"

2- I am STILL getting an error message that any more than 650mb is over the capacity of the blank disk even though it is a 700 mb/80 Min. blank.

3- After the above two messages, I then get an error message that says:
"Error opening data file: E:\Music_1\Candlebox\Candlebox - 03 - You.mpc"
etc, for every file listed in the burn queue.
I tried copying the files to another folder but still get the same message.

I got the MPC error too. I tried to make an MP3 disk with a playlist of 110 MP3 files and one MPC file. I converted the MPC file manually to MP3 and burned a "Data CD" without problems. I didn't try "MP3 CD" again since there was nothing to convert.

The size of the playlist was 669 MB and MC reported that there is only about 10 MB left on a 700 MB disk (an empty Verbatim 10x CD-RW), but it didn't give any disk size error messages.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2004, 05:08:36 pm »

Has 162 done something with how it handles the Action Window?  it seems like this window keeps popping up all the d*mned time.  (yes, I really, really dislike the Action Window).

When there's no CD burner, camera or external player device isn't it sort of a useless feature to show them in the Action Window?

How about a) making the action window a controllable option (to disable it entirely) and b) make it smarter about not showing features for things that aren't present?

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2004, 05:42:26 pm »

I am having a problem with this version recognizing my (4g) iPod.  When I click on the iPod drive, I get an error box that pops up with just a red X in it.  When I click OK it pops up again, then goes away until I click on iPod again.  I actually got this error in the latest 10 version, just before upgrading (I was hoping upgrading would resolve this issue).

Thanks for the help!

michel

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2004, 05:46:39 pm »

dangerous bug !

A simple click on a field in the tab editor windows can change the field ! For example I have a custom filed 'source' with "cd" or "cd (copy)" values. If I have an album with 'source' = "cd" and I click to the 'source' field I get "cd (copy)" value in the field ! The same if I go to the field with TAB.

I broke many tags before to see this strange behaviour.

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2004, 11:00:27 pm »

A simple click on a field in the tab editor

Do you mean in the "Tag Info" window that pops up in the left sidebar?  Yes, it does seem like it's a bit "too easy" to make unexpected changes to a value on that form.  Especially with how the fields handle doing smart lookups from known values.  But it IS an editor window and that's sort of what it's supoosed to do; allow edits.   Undo would be handy, multi-level even more so but it's not trivial to implement.

michel

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2004, 02:55:28 am »

dangerous bug

Yes, I mean in the tag editor on the left. Yes it is supposed to allow edit but "allow edit" doesn't mean automatic modification, especially only clicking on a field or, even worse, only going to the field with the TAB key. Suppose that you are tagging and that you have the fields a, b and c (in this order); you click on 'a' field, modify it, then you want to modify 'c' field so you press TAB key twice but doing that MCmodify 'b' automatically ! It is very easy not to be aware of the change.

Anyway, it is the first time I see this behaviour in MC. May be it is a "feature", not a bug, but in this case I would like to be able to disable it.

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2004, 03:13:05 am »

the last (few?) version(s)
'search for media servers' only works once...

If I stop/start the client MC once, it won't detect the media server anymore.
I have to go to the MC server pc and stop/start the plugin, then it works again once.

Marcel

Omni

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2004, 04:44:49 am »

Suppose that you are tagging and that you have the fields a, b and c (in this order); you click on 'a' field, modify it, then you want to modify 'c' field so you press TAB key twice but doing that MCmodify 'b' automatically !

I imagine that is a bug.  At least, I hope that's a bug! :o

And wkearney99, MC does support "Undo" functionality. :P

SteveG

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2004, 07:45:43 am »

schwaa,

How is iPod reported in the tree (specifically please)? Try a reinstall of 11. Most likely an old dll is registered.

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2004, 07:50:19 am »

Omni,

WMP and MC are detecting it because it is reporting itself as a 'WMDM' device. MC should ask you to ignore this device and then never present it again. I can give you more advice when on Monday when I am back and can tell you where to look in the registry to guess why you are not being asked to ignore this device.

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2004, 07:55:50 am »

jplumey,

So, if you transfer an mp3 to iPod and it is skipped with transcoding turned on, the file cannot be played from within MC?  If you do not have MC set to convert files and simply transfer the mp3, the file is playable?

Steve

Omni

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2004, 03:39:22 pm »

Omni,

WMP and MC are detecting it because it is reporting itself as a 'WMDM' device. MC should ask you to ignore this device and then never present it again. I can give you more advice when on Monday when I am back and can tell you where to look in the registry to guess why you are not being asked to ignore this device.

Steve

Sounds like a plan.  :)

For the record, though, it doesn't bother me or anything that it is there.  I just thought you guys would like to know that MC doesn't seem to interact with it very well.  And since Nero is beginning to surpass Roxio--if it hasn't already--as the "default" CD-ROM/DVD burning app, I just thought you may be interested.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2004, 04:45:07 pm »

Question:  Is the new Plugin version of Library Server, UPnP Server, & TiVo Server only running while MC is running?  If so, is it planned to make these windows services or something that is running 24x7 so that MC does not have to be open?

Suggestion/Request:  I noticed that MC ignores the EXIF Tag for image rotation.  (ie, I take a picture with my camera on its side to make it a tall pic ... and it embeds in the EXIF data that the image was rotated and how much.) ... Currently most imaging apps look at this (like Adobe PS) and auto-rotate the image for me.   MC does not.   But, when I rotate the image in MC, it does not correct the EXIF rotation information so that the image is not rotated by an incorrect amount in the display (i have to continue to rotate the image, to fix the issue).   
So -- A)  Give us FULL EXIF Support and work with the Rotation tag ... or B)  At least follow the rotation tag  ... or C)  Clear the rotation EXIF data once a file is rotated in ANY direction ...

Option C is at least quick and dirty ... What do you say ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2004, 04:56:12 pm »

Question:  Is the new Plugin version of Library Server, UPnP Server, & TiVo Server only running while MC is running?  If so, is it planned to make these windows services or something that is running 24x7 so that MC does not have to be open?
They only run while MC runs in MC11.  That may change.   We're considering other possibilities.

Suggestion/Request:  I noticed that MC ignores the EXIF Tag for image rotation.  (ie, I take a picture with my camera on its side to make it a tall pic ... and it embeds in the EXIF data that the image was rotated and how much.) ... Currently most imaging apps look at this (like Adobe PS) and auto-rotate the image for me.   MC does not.   But, when I rotate the image in MC, it does not correct the EXIF rotation information so that the image is not rotated by an incorrect amount in the display (i have to continue to rotate the image, to fix the issue).   
So -- A)  Give us FULL EXIF Support and work with the Rotation tag ... or B)  At least follow the rotation tag  ... or C)  Clear the rotation EXIF data once a file is rotated in ANY direction ...
We'll take a look at it.  It may not be soon.

Felipe_br

• Recent member
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2005, 02:46:41 pm »

For the moment I'm using Media Jukebox 8, which is a great player, but I'm looking forward to buy MC 11 as soon as it's done.

It'd be nice if you gave it a feature I've never seen in any other player, that is:
Selecting a part of a song to play repeatedly, like for example when we want to translate a song or to write down its lyrics. It would be nice just selecting the part of the song we want to loop.

Best regards

Felipe, from Brazil
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up