INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 Split View "Lock" Feature?  (Read 1428 times)

himini

• Recent member
MC11 Split View "Lock" Feature?
« on: January 01, 2005, 02:54:59 pm »

How about a feature that "locks" one (or more) of the split views to whatever we have it set to-- So that, for example, if we use "Now Playing" in the upper split view, it can always stay as "Now Playing" even if we accidentally click in the wrong place?

It's annoying when I've inadvertantly clicked on the upper split view and then click on the tree to navigate to a different song, making what I want to keep as "Now Playing" change into a duplicate of the lower split view (which I use for navigation).

It would be nice to have some kind of right-click "lock this view" and "unlock" choices.  Or better yet, how about a function that locks the entire layout of MC so that it looks the same every time we re-open the program?  Something like this would really make the best of the excellent new Split View feature.
MC 11 registered
Win XP SP 1a
Samsung 352B combo drive
Sony DRU 510-A DVD burner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC11 Split View "Lock" Feature?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 07:25:22 am »

This is a reasonable thing to want.  We'll take a look at it.  Split views were developed for another project we're working on.  It's coming to a finish now, so we should have a little more time to polish features like this one.

himini

• Recent member
Re: MC11 Split View "Lock" Feature?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 03:50:09 pm »

Thanks so much for your reply, Jim.  That is good news.  I'm very glad now That I've upgraded to version 11!
MC 11 registered
Win XP SP 1a
Samsung 352B combo drive
Sony DRU 510-A DVD burner
Pages: [1]   Go Up