INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.178 Alpha Available  (Read 5419 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.178 Alpha Available
« on: January 19, 2005, 04:36:05 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110178.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.178 (1/19/05)

1. Fixed: UPnP Server incorrectly reports 0 for number of children.
2. Changed: Added hack for some UPnP implementations that don't allow nested URLs.
3. Fixed: MP3 files on a Samba server that didn't handle short filenames could fail to be imported or tagged.
4. Fixed: Flickering when Portable Device list control was redrawn.
5. Fixed: Defined folders as a 'Portable Device' caused crashing when selected in the tree.
6. Fixed: After viewing a CD burn queue list, MC would crash when closing.
7. Fixed: UPnP/TiVo/Library Servers may have crashed on exit, or not stopped if exiting while playing.
8. Optimized: Switching views is faster in many cases.
9. Fixed: Audible plugin would not load properly on some systems.
10. New: Image adjustments (brightness, contrast etc.) are available for digital TV now.
11. Fixed: Track Info page token TRACKINFO_INSERT_PLAYLISTS was not working properly.

11.0.177 (1/14/05)

1. Fixed: Some drag-n-drop / clipboard actions could cause a crash if no files were involved.
2. Changed: Back / forward works between webpage and library type views, to effectively create one history list.
3. Changed: Wait message should appear while MC gathers information from Portable Devices.
4. Changed: Wait message should appear while Portable Device Action Window draws playlist tree when necessary.
5. Fixed: Portable Device Sync queue will prompt to clear queue when AW is closed.
6. Fixed: Portable Device playlist tree flickering during draw.
7. Fixed: Searches / tree items for long strings would not work properly when a short string started the same as the long string.
8. Fixed: Quick Play of mix-type smartlists would play the same results each time.
9. Optimized: Improved speed of views containing view headers.
10. NEW: Added view header to handheld list views.
11. Changed: View header for CDs "Rip" control changes to "Cancel Rip" when ripping is in progress.

11.0.174 (1/13/05)

1. Fixed: Audible plugin would not install properly on some systems.
2. Fixed: UPnP Header case, cache-control, server, date and usn header.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.178 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 08:38:57 pm »

Here's a request...

How about an configuration Option to define what the skip forward and skip backward durations are instead of the hard-coded 5 seconds (referring to ctrl-left-arrow and ctrl-right-arrow functions).

Idealy, you could specify different values for video and audio.  It is very useful to have different forward and backward values, especially when watching videos.  I use Beyond TV and it allows you to specify separate forward and backward durations and I've come to realize how 'nice' this is.  You can skip forward 30 secs and then back 10 seconds (in my BTV configuration) and it makes skipping quickly forward and then more precise backwards so easy (knock out those commercials easily).  For audio,  you might want different (smaller or larger) jumps than video (just an idea).

Thoughts?

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Drives & Devices- File Type Not Supported
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 08:42:39 pm »

I have setup a folder on a local drive as a handheld device which I named LocalD.
I choose to convert format to MP3 and excluded same format.

I created a playlist and did a Send To LocalD

When I look at the list to be transferred, all APL files are shown as "File type not supported."

The APLs in question play fine in MC.

I'm pretty certain that this had been working, but have not been able to use the handheld plugin for awhile.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
Can't Create MP3 CD
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 08:47:29 pm »

I created a playlist and sent it to a CD burner.
I chose to make an MP3 CD.

I see the list, there is an empty CD-R in the drive and I click to statr the burn.

I get error dialogs on every APE and APL in the list to be burned.

The error is:

"Error opening data file:" and it lists the full path to the file.
Data disk will not be reliable.

As with the problem I see with the handheld device, the APEs and APLs play fine. So they are not missing or corrupt. In fact my workaround shows there is not a problem with the files.

For now, I do a Convert Files which creates MP3s from the APE/APL files. I copy the MP3s from the playlist to the same folder that the conversion outputs to. Then I drag those files to a playlist. Then I can write an MP3 CD.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
MP3 CD Burning Creates Coaster
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 09:35:57 pm »

After creating the MP3s to burn to a CD, I did the burn.
I noticed that the first selection kept its status as 'Waiting' even when all other files were complete.
The burn completed normally, leadout, closing session, etc.
MC ejected the CD and I closed the write window.

I closed MC and browsed to the CD.

It could not be read.

I put it in anorther CD drive, same results.

Ok, could be a bad CD-R. Got a CD-RW and tried again.
Same results.
Did a full erase on the CD-RW.
Tried burning with the second drive.
Same results.

Burned the MP3s with Nero. Good CD.

Media Center Registered 11.0.178 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2657 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 628 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: SONY    CD-RW  CRX220E1   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: SONY     CD-RW  CRX220E1    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive G: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 11:16:37 pm »

Here's a request...

How about an configuration Option to define what the skip forward and skip backward durations are instead of the hard-coded 5 seconds (referring to ctrl-left-arrow and ctrl-right-arrow functions).

Idealy, you could specify different values for video and audio.  It is very useful to have different forward and backward values, especially when watching videos.  I use Beyond TV and it allows you to specify separate forward and backward durations and I've come to realize how 'nice' this is.  You can skip forward 30 secs and then back 10 seconds (in my BTV configuration) and it makes skipping quickly forward and then more precise backwards so easy (knock out those commercials easily).  For audio,  you might want different (smaller or larger) jumps than video (just an idea).

Thoughts?

Couldn't agree more. I like the idea of a seperate setting for both audio and video. This is a must have especially when you're trying to seek during playback of an AVI, ie, no chapters and 5 secs at a time just doesn't cut it! YES, I know you can use the slider bar but this is next to useless when you're watching a film across the room in Theater View. Most media players allow this config and it's always seemed strange to me that MC doesn't.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Roman Croatia

• Recent member
  • same great music at my bar...
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 12:26:34 am »

11.0.177 Beta  :)
11.0.178 Alpha  ?

Roman Slovenc
www.timun.hr

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 12:29:30 am »

Display issues:
--The progress bar in the action window is a solid black bar during handheld synchronize and CD ripping.
   The other labels in the action window update normally.
--The playlist header window (panel/window with random cover art above a currently displayed playlist in the main window) uses white text regardless of the skin's text and background color. The text is not visible when using a skin with a white background.

Side note: Is there a template for this window? It would be *very* nice to have a track info template for the selected song display here when browsing songs in a playlist.

Thanks,
  BG

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 12:31:31 pm »

Another display issue:-

Progress bar during convert format wav to mp3 is black.

Herakles

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 01:07:39 pm »

-If i bring the position slider back to the beginning, it seeks further ahead into the song instead of playing from sthe start.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 04:42:04 pm »

Another display issue:-

Progress bar during convert format wav to mp3 is black.

The same is true with the progress bar in "Audio Analysis".

Michel.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 04:47:50 pm »

I can't get the ImageFile field to display in the tag info pane.

I tick the box under customize view, but ti doesn't show the imagefile.

Richard

edbro

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2005, 09:07:27 pm »

MC crashes on several web radio stations. I tried to play Radio Paradise (MP3 Streaming) and MC crashed twice in a row. Other stations played fine. Tried Radio Paradise again and this time it told me that I needed to install RealPlayer. I pressed Exit and MC crashed again. Radio Paradise is in the MC database of stations.

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2005, 09:16:09 am »

Recently I've been unable to connect via Library Server as I get the message:

Failed to connect to a server
Reason: The handle is in the wrong state for the request operation
URL: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2821/GetLibrary

I'm running 11.0.178 in both locations. I thought it was a problem with a recent build, so I rolled back to one that had been working and that too gives me the same message. Obviously something has changed but I'm not sure what. Is there anything I should check for or any additional info I should provide?

Fixer

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2005, 09:34:41 am »

Continuing MC11 Problems.

MC11 continues to crash about 95% of the time I delete a file from the library and hard disk.  Do you want me to send the DETAIL of the crash for your analysis?

Recently Imported seems to be randomly sorted and does not follow my saved sort order.

CD Buring with Replay Gain burns at over +100db gain.

The select lists in the Action Window Tagging screen seem to show the entire library data set and other times it only shows the correct data set of my selected data ?

About 5% of the time at startup, MC fails to load the Posix skin and reverts to the default skin.  The worst part of this is the error message that I must click before MC loads - meaning I can't start MC from bed in the morning via remote control.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 10:41:55 am »

The status bar text is still centered, despite the individual skin settings. This problem occured about 3 builds ago. Did you guys change something in the skin engine by chance?
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Fixer

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 03:15:44 pm »

Crash during delete seems to occur at the time you press YES on the new confirmation window that was added recently.
Dunno if that helps any.

Thanks for confirming.... nobody else has confirmed this before.

Anyone else see any of my other possible bugs?
Pages: [1]   Go Up