INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.181 Beta Available  (Read 4027 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.181 Beta Available
« on: January 27, 2005, 05:22:11 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110181.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.181 (1/27/05)

1. Optimized: Nearly all menu submenus are dynamically filled on access for faster and leaner menus.
2. Changed: Added "Display" sub-menu to display right-click menu.
3. Fixed: Running uninstall without administrator rights would crash instead of showing a warning that uninstall is not possible.
4. Fixed: Leaving a thumbnail list could take longer than expected if thumbnailing was taking place.
5. Fixed: 2D Visualizations could cause dead-locks in some cases. (hopefully fixed -- please let us know)

11.0.180 (1/26/05)

1. Fixed: Media Center behaves nicer when holding down fast forward for the course of several audio tracks.
2. Fixed: If duplicate files are selected during Portable transfer, warning would appear multiple times.
3. Fixed: If available space was exceeded during a proposed transfer to a Portable, the available space was incorrectly reported.
4. NEW: IP Address may be specified for UPnP Server (useful for multi-homed servers).
5. NEW: TiVo Server/UPnP Server can now access view schemes.
6. Changed: Disc-number sorting now treats empty, "0", and "1" all as the same disc number.
7. Fixed: Verification of files was occuring when dropped on list, rather than prior to upload.
8. Fixed: List scroll / selection was not being properly restored when navigating "Back."
9. Fixed: Using image manipulation tools inside of Library Browser could cause crashes.
10. Fixed: Fullscreen image playback would not always accept keyboard shortcuts as expected.
11. Fixed: Clicking "Play" on a view header would not honor sorting specified inside of a smartlist.
12. Changed: Library Browser coloring now matches list coloring specified by the skin.

11.0.179 (1/21/05)

1. Fixed: Progress bars would draw as black boxes. (introduced in 178)
2. Changed: View headers use list colors to choose list and text coloring.
3. Changed: Information box added to inform users that files queued for transfer to a Portable Device will be removed if they already exist on the device.
4. Changed: If a user closes the Portable 'Sync' action window, MC will prompt to clear the queue.
5. Changed: Added a wait message during initialization of the playlist tree control in the Portable Sync AW.
6. Fixed: Closing the program could cause a handheld to get initialized even if it was never used, which caused slowdowns.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.181 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 06:06:15 pm »

Some problems with moving files in MC.

1.  I move a file into a folder that already has a file with the same name, MC asks whether to overwrite.  I click No.  The file stays where it is, but MC removes it from the library.  I would expect it to remain in the library.

2. In My Computer, when you move a folder into a folder that already has a folder with the same name, MC creates a new "copy of..." folder.  I'd expect it to give me the option of merging the two.

ConTrail

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 06:35:14 pm »

Same as 11.180: When trying to access my Muvo2, MC just locks up on retrieving file info. Stops playing after current song is done, and i must close it by taskbar to get it away, or unplug the portable device.

EDIT: I left it on for a while, and it actually came after 5-6 minutes, much longer than the 10-20 seconds of mc10, but, i'm happy.

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 07:45:17 pm »

--Any mouse movement shows the playing now info bar.
  Add my vote for permanent hide with right click control.

--Playlists field is not working in trackinfo templates.
--Music stuttering during import and iPod operations. Never had this before.
--Main window still wide and short.
--Cosmetic iPod sync issues.
--Action window gone after iPod sync. (only when files are transferred)

matshif

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 08:21:56 pm »

The MC resizeable window was still extremely wide and short after installing this build, as was the case in the last build.  I reverted back to build 11.0.178, then decided to reinstall 11.0.181.
On reinstall, MC resizeable window was still extremely wide and short.

Fonts back to defeult. Doesn't help with reinstall.

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 01:39:15 am »

5. Fixed: 2D Visualizations could cause dead-locks in some cases. (hopefully fixed -- please let us know)

Sorry, but it's still there  :(

I did some more tests and found out that the dead-locks only happen with the following visualizations:

Oscilloscope
America
Fire rod
Not again
Rorschach I

Planetarium
Make it stop
Never invited
Vertical silliness

Media Center Registered 11.0.181 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2950 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 492 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive I: MATSHITADVD-ROM SR-8589   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive J: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B   Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 09:04:15 am »

--Any mouse movement shows the playing now info bar.
  Add my vote for permanent hide with right click control.
This is not a bug.  It's the normal behavior. 

Please post suggestions in a new thread.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 09:52:32 am »

The only way that I'm able to access a CD drive is by selecting the "play in MC" command in the Explorer shell, in which case, the devices in the tree are expanded automatically.  Any manual attempt to expand devices or to rip a CD results in the following error and crash:

I'm not sure if this began with 180 or 181, as I didn't attempt to rip in 180.  It worked in 179.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 11:01:49 am »

Txgary,
I split your posts out to a new thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25781.0

RemyJ

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 11:20:30 am »

It seems that Media Center will only use port 80 to connect to a remote library even if the proper port is specificed in the library manager.

I.E.  specify  mc.mylibrary.com:20080 but the outgoing http request still goes to mc.mylibrary.com:80 which fails.

This happened sometime in the last few weeks.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 11:40:07 am »

Please post suggestions in a new thread.
Thanks for clarifying that. Can you tell me if the playlists field functionality in trackinfo templates is gone by design? It is still listed in the developers docs.

Thanks,
  BG

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005, 12:37:40 pm »

Jim,

Can you please confirm that this is the normal behaviour even when the mouse is not moving exactly over the track info window but over any place in the display such as the tree, playing now list, etc.? If I'm not wrong, in MC.10 the mouse movement behave that way only when you were hovering the mouse over the trackinfo window, which, by the way,  I think is more logical.

Probably this issue is the same that I reported as the "flickering" effect in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25686.msg178227#msg178227

Thanks for your clarification on that.
----
Listening to: 'Rank Strangers to Me' from 'Chicago Electric Blues Sampler' by 'Charlie Musselwhite' on Media Center 11

SteveG

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 02:27:05 pm »

Contrail,

Did MC ask you about building a database one time before the long delay? Does the same delay exist when you return to the Muvo2? The first time MC accesses a device like the Muvo2 it must analyze and build a database from the files on the device. If you have many files on the device, this could take a long time but will only occur the first time the device is connected to MC.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up