INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.199 Beta Available  (Read 7905 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.199 Beta Available
« on: February 25, 2005, 05:59:42 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
[build pulled by JimH]

Recent Changes

11.0.199 (2/25/05)

1. Fixed: Log file would not open properly in some editors.
2. Fixed: When first switching to a view, the file list would not always be scrolled to the top.

11.0.198 (2/24/05)

1. Fixed: Playlists SDK access would not show smartlists.
2. Fixed: Queued CD files would not show up properly until "Show files in subfolders" was selected.
3. Fixed: Renaming / deleting data burn folders could cause a crash in some cases.
4. Fixed: File deletions from Portables would not always delete correctly.
5. Fixed: MC would not create iRiver 140 playlists with the correct path.
6. Fixed: Mass Storage type device track deletion would not always be reflected correctly in the view.
7. Fixed: Occasional substantial delays after synchronization to portables.
8. Fixed: Message regarding 'Files already on Portable will be removed from queue" will occur only once per session unless directed to not show again ever.
9. Fixed: TV would lock up in previous build.
10. Fixed: Portable Progress AW 'Cancel' could overwrite other parts of window.
11. Fixed: Delete / Shift+Delete to delete images while watching a slideshow was not functioning.
12. Fixed: Import / Synchronize of the database would remove CUE file entries as if they were broken links.
13. NEW: Added new debug logging configuration dialog -- access in Help menu.

11.0.196 (2/18/05)

1. Fixed: TV sound synchronization or no sound problem with WinTV PVR 250/350 devices.
2. Fixed: Switching channel during time-shifting would cause sound to be lost with WinTV PVR 250/350 devices.
3. New: Added option to choose between "WaveOut" and "DirectSound" audio renderers for analog TV devices that require an audio renderer.
4. Changed: Portable Avaialable Space will reflect deleted files when files are queued.
5. Fixed: Reset TV Settings did not do a complete resetting in recent builds.
6. Changed: Added improved error checking to custom install destination folder, so MC can't be installed to root or windows folder.
7. New: One can choose to sort TV channels by either channel number or station name.
8. Changed: Disconnects of Portables will delete the plugin connection. This should fix the situation where two iPods are switching on one PC.
9. Fixed: Installed service plugins would not show up in the tree.
10. Fixed: Visualization Studio would not function properly on Win9x.
11. Changed: Tuned OSD coloring and sizing.
12. Changed: Display bars only appear when mouse movement occurs inside the display window.
13. Changed: Recursive display of data CD files disabled each start of MC for performance reasons. (can be enabled by clicking "Show files in subfolders" in view header)
14. Fixed: After showing some dialogs, MC wouldn't accept some keyboard shortcuts until explicitly giving a new window the focus.
15. Fixed: Playlists SDK access would not show all playlists in some cases.
16. Changed: Removed obsolete Tools > Advanced Tools > Media Server option. (Media Server is now an internal plugin)
17. Changed: Builds now digitally signed by JRiver.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Animated Direct3D file browsing
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 11.0.199 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 01:38:33 am »

*CUE FILE ISSUES*

- MC complains it can't tag CUE tracks when update tags on file changes is ticked. It is preferrable that it not complain about this like with WAV or video files.

- If an album with imported+analysed CUE tracks is moved (within MC) after import MC loses the address of those imported CUE tracks. The big file the CUE tracks are associated with is not lost.   

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 03:02:20 am »

2. Fixed: When first switching to a view, the file list would not always be scrolled to the top.

Still not correct, when opening MC with default to playing now, it starts from track 4 in stead of going to the currently playing song
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 04:10:45 am »

I tried installing v110199 on a system with 10.173 previously installed.  The installation fails with error message: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: c:\Temp\RarSFX0\InstallWizard.exe This applicain has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."
I also get the same error with build 196.
My setup, or someting else?
nick

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 05:46:57 am »

My media files are located on a network share of my server PC and the harddisk behind that share is scheduled (with the XP power management) to shutdown after some time. Therefore it takes a few seconds when accessing files afterwards until they become available again.

Since recently, MC won't wait for the files to come back "on-line" but instead complains that the file cannot be played and shows the "not available" icon for it. But even when the files are available after the drive spun up again and I refresh the view MC will still show that icon (but plays the file without problems).

And as reported earlier: MC still doesn't scroll to the currently playing file in "Playing Now" in long playlists. I always need to switch to another view and back once to show the current file. In the mini view the current file is displayed, but the list doesn't scroll when subsequent files are played. Only after I scroll manually once the list will scroll automatically.

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 07:11:27 am »

Back navigation shortcuts (backspace, Alt-Left, etc.) lead you to the previous display but at the top of it instead of scrolling to the very point you were at. This happens with Library Browser too.

(This bug was present in version 196... since I do not see it in the fix list for .199 I just post it here as a reminder).

-----
Listening to: 'Core 'Ngrato' from 'Italian Songs The Digital Recordings' by 'Enrico Caruso' on Media Center 11

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 08:45:31 am »

Something I've noticed in the last few builds...

When you minimise, and then maximise the MC window, sometimes it reappears with the lower portion of the window hidden by the task bar (non-hiding) at the bottom of the screen.

---
Media Center Registered 11.0.199 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1994 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 57 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STRW/DVD GCC-4240N  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Cheers
Rob

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 10:44:02 am »

I just told Media Center to Erase a CD.
It told me that it did this succsfully but
the CD remains unchanged....
Could be my old CD writer...
Is this a known feature?  :)

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2005, 01:14:39 pm »

Any chance of a 'Verify' option after burning? I appreciated that function in my other software as I knew when I got out to the car that my CD was perfect and would not refuse to play.

I asked for this too a while back when i noticed Nero had it. Very helpful.

bjevers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2005, 01:49:40 pm »

While syncronizing files if I try to remove files from the queue by highlighting them, right clicking, then choosing delete it clears the whole queue, not just the highlighted files.

Media Center Registered 11.0.199 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2424 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 398 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  DVDRW SOHW-1673S   Addr: 1:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

pocket

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2005, 03:33:13 pm »

I can't install the version 11 beta.  It says that the 30 day trial has expired.  I removed my fully registered version 9 and tried again, and it gave me the same error.  I uninstalled it and did some registry hacking to make sure it was gone, and it still says that I can't try out the version 11.  I'd love to try it to see if the karma support justifies my purchasing it. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2005, 03:51:55 pm »

That's what you'd expect if you'd installed it more than 30 days ago.  There's no way around it.  Sorry.  You could try it on another PC.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2005, 04:16:28 pm »

Convert Format seems to have a severe problem. It forgets to write any tags. After noticing it I converted one MP3 and one APE file to all available formats. The resulting files don't have tags.

EDIT

I verified this with another PC, which had 11.0.196 installed.

I started with 11.0.196    The file tags were written OK.
Installed 11.0.199    The problem existed.
Installed 11.0.198    The problem existed.
Installed 11.0.196    The problem disappeared.

If you have converted any files with 198-199 it's better to check them.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2005, 05:42:15 pm »

Convert Format seems to have a severe problem. It forgets to write any tags.
Confirmed .196 OK, .199 No tags

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 07:39:37 pm »

When using the File, Edit View ..... menus the menus disapear really quick, even if the mouse is still over the menu. Seems to happen more in the View and Tools menus.  Thought maybe it was because the menus opened over the vizulizations, so I drug the display up to close it, and still there.  Anywho, keep on keepin on. Saw a review in CNET somewhere looked good.  Media Center is sooo sweet. Now I have to get a TVIO, or HTPC built. Thanks team!

Screen capture
http://tinyurl.com/5s4zs
Thanks!

snydley55

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2005, 08:12:17 pm »

I am getting the same error on 11.0.199 beta.

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: c:\Temp\RarSFX0\InstallWizard.exe This applicain has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

In my case I am trying a new install on my new pc. After a couple of shots at this error I dl'd  version 10, it installs fine.

however of course my reg key for 11 is not much good.

Thank

JHC

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2005, 01:51:28 am »

I am getting the same error on 11.0.199 beta.

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: c:\Temp\RarSFX0\InstallWizard.exe This applicain has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Yup -- just wanted to chime in with a "me too". And this is on a brand new machine, just set up with Windows XP and a bunch of standard apps.

V10 installs just fine.

Jonathan

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2005, 02:09:28 am »

1.   There is no ability to access common DVD commands (e.g. menu, change audio track, subtitles, etc.) by keypresses (or any other means that would allow a remote control to be used to while playing a DVD).  Without this, DVDs are not playable (for any practical purposes) in Theaterview.

2.   When playing a DVD in Theaterview the dialog that asks if you want to continue playing where you left off, pops up. This dialog is not implemented any differently in Theaterview and thus looks terrible. There is also no way to answer it using a remote.

3.   The removable field is not filled in when items are imported

4.   Bitrate field for all MPEG video files is shown as 165722112

5.   Using Drive&Devices, moving a file from under one of the My Network Places shortcuts to another can result in deletion of the file instead, i.e. it doesn’t appear in the new location it was to be moved to, but presumably MC thinks it has been copied and deletes it from the old location. This same problem does NOT occur when moving files in the Microsoft Windows Network part of the My Network Places tree.

6.   When moving photos to another location within “Drives and Devices” the photos are moved, but often the view of the folder the files were moved from is not updated properly (e.g. some of the moved files are still shown, but with an X through the thumbnail showing that the underlying file is no longer present). This occurs when moving files between network shares (where I keep my photos). I have not done detailed testing to determine whether this problem crops up in other contexts.

7.   Executing MJEXTMAN.EXE unminimizes Media Center.

pocket

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2005, 07:35:12 am »

That's what you'd expect if you'd installed it more than 30 days ago.  There's no way around it.  Sorry.  You could try it on another PC.

What I'm saying is that I just tried installing it for the first time yesterday.  I've been away from a media center download since 9 was young.  It should not be past it's 30 day trial, should it.

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2005, 10:06:20 am »

Two oddities with ripping.  I don't know if these are unique to this build because I've only recently moved to MC11.

1.  Having added a second drive to my system (the first being E, the new one being F), I am unable to rip from the older drive E but can rip fine from the newer drive F.  If I try to rip a CD using drive E, the process creates the directory and starts to write the first file but "hangs" after writing about 1 megabyte of the file.  I have to cancel the rip and start again with the other drive to get it to work.

2.  The messages displayed and the behaviour of the progress bar while ripping an entire CD seem odd.  During the first track, the progress bar moves across from left to right as expected.  For the second and subsequent tracks, the progress bar remains filled, however, rather than moving across from left to right.  Additionally, the message displayed is always "Ripping 1 track" rather than "Ripping track 1 of 11" or similar.  The whole thing seems very misleading and is different to MC10 which seemed pretty much fine to me.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2005, 10:18:31 am »

1.  Having added a second drive to my system (the first being E, the new one being F), I am unable to rip from the older drive E but can rip fine from the newer drive F.  If I try to rip a CD using drive E, the process creates the directory and starts to write the first file but "hangs" after writing about 1 megabyte of the file.  I have to cancel the rip and start again with the other drive to get it to work.
Check the master/slave settings on the drives.  Please start a new thread if you want more help.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 02:51:54 am »

In the Media center on start and the left to the Media center web page are wrongly linked there!  ;)
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2005, 03:18:22 am »

why has build 199 been pulled?

I have it installed atm. Is it destructive in any way?

I suppose it's because the file converter couldn't write any tags (builds 198 & 199). It can be destructive if the original files are deleted before noticing that the converted files don't have tags. I would recommend using 11.0.196 for now.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2005, 03:55:40 am »

I have installed 11.0.196 back. My TV channels survived the 198 & 199 builds, but I didn't start TV with them. I don't know if something would have happened.

The channel information is kept in the Windows registry. I would like to have an option for saving the channel information to a file and for loading it back. You could start a new thread for this in TV forum.

EDIT

I see you already did it. I'll continue there.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2005, 09:27:27 am »

do i understand the functions of the library correctly? remove duplicates wont remove a duplicate if only the track number within the playlist is different?

i think it would be better if "remove duplicates" mainly checks the artis name, and song titl
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

RedJ

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2005, 10:48:47 am »

Upon launching registered version of MC 11, I received a dialog saying my trial has expired and I need to buy/restore license.  I did not install an update of MC prior to this launch, but I had just renamed my computer on a home network, which I'm guessing is the probable culprit.  Is this the intended behavior when changing computer names?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2005, 11:02:32 am »

Upon launching registered version of MC 11, I received a dialog saying my trial has expired and I need to buy/restore license.  I did not install an update of MC prior to this launch, but I had just renamed my computer on a home network, which I'm guessing is the probable culprit.  Is this the intended behavior when changing computer names?
Just use a restore.  Details are here:
www.jrmediacenter.com/purchase.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up