INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DWAnderson's bug list for MC 11.0.235  (Read 1462 times)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
DWAnderson's bug list for MC 11.0.235
« on: April 11, 2005, 06:00:06 pm »

1. DVDs don’t show up in the media library. They show up and can be played from Drives and Devices, but can’t be imported. For example I can playthe VTS_01_1 file from drives and devices and even change the “Name” and Genre” fields, but when I select import into library the file doesn’t import. No error, it just doesn’t show up in the Media Library section of the tree.

2. Can’t play a DVD from a network share. The same DVD plays fine from a local hard drive.

3. There is no ability to access common DVD commands (e.g. menu, change audio track, subtitles, etc.) by keypresses (or any other means that would allow a remote control to be used to while playing a DVD).  Without this, DVDs are not playable (for any practical purposes) in Theaterview.

4. DVD playback automatically resumes at last location. Although this is an improvement over putting up a normal dialog box to ask, this is problematic behavior for two reasons: (i) in Theaterview there still appears to be no way to easily get to the DVD main menu using a remote (see #3), and (ii) is selecting from a library of ripped DVDs (which is problematic now, see #1 and #2) there should be a way to have the default behavior be to play from the start. Preferably after selecting the file in Theaterview, a user could be presented with Theaterview style popup menu (e.g., much like the choice to open, play, add, select after selecting a music album) allowing the choice to start from the beginning or the last location.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 11.0.235 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 06:02:18 pm »

3. There is no ability to access common DVD commands (e.g. menu, change audio track, subtitles, etc.) by keypresses (or any other means that would allow a remote control to be used to while playing a DVD).  Without this, DVDs are not playable (for any practical purposes) in Theaterview.

DVD commands are under the "Controls" button which is visible on all Theater View pages.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 11:47:24 pm »

DVD commands are under the "Controls" button which is visible on all Theater View pages.

But wouldn't be better if we can have access to DVD menu by keystroke (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+M for example) then pausing the movie, going to theater view, clicking on Controls etc...
This way we can assign that keystroke to girder and then we can go to DVD menu while watching movie instantly, with one click from remote control button.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 08:05:55 am »

But wouldn't be better if we can have access to DVD menu by keystroke (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+M for example) then pausing the movie, going to theater view, clicking on Controls etc...
This way we can assign that keystroke to girder and then we can go to DVD menu while watching movie instantly, with one click from remote control button.

That was my point. I'd even be satisfied with a MJExtman command or some other way to access these functions from a remote.

Also: in playing around more with Controls - DVD Options, I noticed that the "Properties" menu item brings up a distinctly untheatherviewlike dialog box. In fact given the contents of the dialog box, it probably shouldn't be part of Theaterview at all.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DWAnderson's bug list for MC 11.0.235
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 08:49:17 am »

More of DWAnderson's bugs:
These were moved to another thread on DVD bugs, but they aren't really DVD bugs:

1. The removable field is not filled in when items are imported

2. Bitrate field for all MPEG video files is shown as some large number that bears no correspondence to the actual bitrate.

3. When moving photos to another location within “Drives and Devices” the photos are moved, but often the view of the folder the files were moved from is not updated properly (e.g. some of the moved files are still shown, but with an X through the thumbnail showing that the underlying file is no longer present). This occurs when moving files between network shares (where I keep my photos). I think all that should be necessary to fix this problem would be doing a refresh when the move is complete. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up