INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.240 Beta Available  (Read 4612 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.240 Beta Available
« on: April 14, 2005, 05:09:53 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't fully support it.  If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

For a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110240.exe

Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes
Encoder settings may need to be re-set:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=26527.0

11.0.240 (4/14/05)

1. Fixed: Cancelling secure ripping process sometimes caused application crash.
2. NEW: Added SDK function IMJZoneAutomation->GetMixer(...) for zone specific mixer control.
3. Fixed: Shell extension's "Replace & Play" would not work properly in some cases.
4. Fixed: File assocation for playlists could not be unselected in some cases.
5. Changed: MC file association system better copes with Explorer-specific changes so the File Associations list is more accurate.
6. Fixed: Some actions that showed a "Working..." dialog would force Media Center to the foreground.
7. Fixed: File conversion when transferring to Portables.
8. Changed: Number of plays when new files tranferred to Portables will always be 0.
9. Fixed: After each CD track finished ripping, application window would come to the foreground.
10. Changed: Removed list "Tile" mode for now. (may return in a later version)

11.0.236 (4/13/05)

1. Fixed: For 'drive defined' portables, 'file type not supported' will no longer appear in the view.
2. Fixed: Progress bar not working right for CD ripping when multiple rip/encode processes were used.
3. Fixed: Rip/encode speed not correct when when multiple rip/encode processes were used.
4. Fixed: Rip/encode simultaneous option not synchronized between encoder options page and advanced ripping options page.
5. NEW: Audible files resume where they last left off when restarting playback inside of Media Center. (bookmarking)
6. Fixed: Track info pages would not load properly in some cases.
7: Changed: Removed autodetection of NetGear.
8. NEW: Support for Buffalo LinkTheater Network Media Player.
9. New: Support Audio Only mode for UPnP devices with no video output.
10. Fixed: Use Flat URLs option was not working.
11. Fixed: No alternating messages when initializing portables between 'Initializing' and 'Retrieving track information'.
12. Fixed: Toggle between 'sync all' and 'sync selected' for portables.
13. Changed: Improvements added for enumeration of Fixed/Remote drive devices.
14. Changed: Improvements to Auto sync.
15. Fixed: Drag-n-drop inside of a playlist / Playing Now would not work properly.
16. Changed: Playing a tree path with /TreePath= for a random-style smartlist will get a new batch of files each time.

11.0.235 (4/11/05)

1. Changed: Paths defined as Portable Devices will support transfer of all filetypes.
2. Fixed: Portable Action Window progress would not auto close after transfer.
3. Fixed: During auto sync, data from a portable would not be synced to PC.
4. Fixed; Delete unselected portables option.
5. Changed: Dropping on the Media Library (and possibly other) lists could show an uneeded Copy / Move menu.
6. Fixed: In some are cases, drop actions that showed a menu could cause an error.
7. Fixed: Imports that included playlists could cause inconsistent import summary reporting or crashes.
8. Fixed: Import would import broken links from playlists if "Ignore small files" was unchecked.
9. Changed: InstallWizard no longer tries to install Windows Media Device Manager components on Windows XP since they should already have been installed with WMF95.
10. Changed: User interface in action window when burning data CD's.
11. Fixed: CD burning with transcoding had problems "allowing" a secondary audio format onto the destination CD.
12. Fixed: CD burning with transcoding was not transferring tags to the transcoded files burned to CD.
13. Changed: View headers use buttons instead of hyperlinks for commands. (like Rip, Play, etc.)
14. NEW: Theater View's Playing Now will keep the playing file highlighted and visible as tracks change.
15. Fixed: Library Server would not play files with Unicode filenames.

11.0.234 (4/8/05)

1. Fixed: Not all settings for Portables were being individualized correctly.
2. Changed: Auto sync on connection of portable devices is enabled.
3. Changed: Reset of Portable devices will clear all registry settings for Portables.

11.0.233 (4/7/05)

1. Fixed: On a fresh install, thumbnails would not persist between sessions until viewing Options once.
2. Fixed: Slowness transferring files from Nomad and Dell devices to the PC.
3. Fixed: Slowness during analysis of files to be transferred to handhelds.
4. Fixed: When rewinding reached the beginning of the buffer, TV in Time-shifting mode took a long time to resume normal play.
5. Fixed: Rewinding would not work when TV in Time-shifting mode was playing very close to live TV.
6. Fixed: Audio from an analog channel would be played when TV was started playing a digital channel.
7. Fixed: TV would not import recording from ATI HDTV Wonder device.
8. Fixed: Thumbnail viewing of jpg files from portable devices.
9. Fixed: Transcoded CD burning is working again (the "MP3 CD or DVD" choice in the CD burning droplist).

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- new features
Sony PSP support
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Tanguero

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.240 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 05:33:42 pm »

I posted  this  for .236 just before that thread closed.  It is valid also for .240. so I repeat it here.

Three related issues:

a) The "playlist" icon in the top bar leads to the Library Browser, not to the playlists. The "Drivers & Devices" icon leads to the playlists.

b) When hovering over the playlist icon in the top bar, the pop-up information says that Alt + 4 leads to Playlists, but it leads to the Library browser. The Alt + 5 leads to the playlists in stead of the indicated "Drives & Devices", so the fault seems to be  totally coherent with the one in a).

c) The help file, under "Keyboard Hot keys" suggests Ctrl + digit for some hot keys that are in reality implemented with Alt + digit.  For Ctrl  + 1 to Ctrl + 3, you can just change to Alt + 1 to Alt + 3, but then we have again the insertion of the Library browser in the list so the rest of the Ctrl + digit shortcuts should be replaced with Alt + digit shortcuts with other digits.
Maybe correcting the help file is deliberately put on the "to do later" list; I just wanted to mention it in case it was missed.

milknkukis

• World Citizen
  • Crumbs!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 06:20:51 pm »

Double clicking on a video file does not work correctly. it should change the view mode to "windowed view" or "full screen view" but it does neither, instead it just plays the sound from the video file (if the previous file was audio).

During updating from .205 with the express option, twice during the install i got a box saying incorrect parameters. Everything seems fine but it was a little worrying all the same, i haven't backed up my libray in ages.

I hadn't realised MC wasn't updating itself anymore, hence the jump from .205 to .240. Is this deliberate?

mark

cattani

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Come to Black Sea !!! Constanta !!!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 07:46:43 pm »

drag & drop audio file in playing now window don`t work anymore !!!
Fii optimist si asteapta imposibilul !!!

UnknownID

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 07:56:43 pm »

I'm not sure if this is caused by my system or MC, but for the last 3 released beta builds MC requires a restart after running setup.

UnknownID

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 08:38:17 pm »

When trying to upload a combination of ape and mp3 files to my iPod I'm still having problems with MC converting the mp3 to mp3.

John
Thank you,

John

BernieD

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 09:03:21 pm »

During install the message "The Parameter is Incorrect" appears twice.  Seems to occur when the file assocications is being displayed.  During operation of the installed applicationl, it happens again every time I go into Tools\Options at dialog show time and again when I click OK on the options dialog to close it.

Noticed that the play mode status display no longer displays any data for the fields [Sample Rate] and [Channels].  Hmm, [Bit Depth] is also no displaying anything.

Many thanks.

P.S. The system reboot without warning during install is a little nasty (surprising).  :P

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 01:23:44 am »

drag & drop audio file in playing now window don`t work anymore !!!
I checked and it works, with the inaccuracies as discribed at the 234 and 236 thread.
It is workable, but not reward winning.

Hopefully 'working with more than 1 view':
  • solving drag and drop inaccuracies
  • making drag and drop even with an active filter
  • a filter per view

will be in the spotlight after the official release.

Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 02:33:29 am »

Import an AVI file into MC, tag it and close MC.  Re-open MC and add it to playing now and it does strange things to the tags like the album name is the date and the track name becomes the filename.  I have to retag the file and update tags from library to get it to stick.
JLee

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 03:20:22 am »

Encoding to Handheld Device not correct

when sending an music file to a handheld device the mp3s do not get encoded to the right bitrate if 128-cbr is selected. the output is VBR higher than 128.

but when encoding this files from a hdd to other dir it works fine.

I do this because i dont want (need) 256/kb mp3s using up so much free space on my mp3player. thats why i let the file convert into 128kb. but the problem is that it doesnt work, its in VBR, and still takes up too much space. its not about me making any sense, more important, its about the fact that it doe not work yet. 

it doesnt make any difference if i try with wave ape or ogg files, the result file on the destination device is not correct. it not like how mc11 was konfigured to output it.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 03:23:03 am »

I cannot burn any more

problems when burning an audioCD from a cue fiel. media center crashes/hangs.
this is since the last betas of MC, i can only burn a cd if i trn
burn a cd if i turn off direct ecode, otherwise mc crashed directly when i click on burn.

My system info.:

Media Center Registered 11.0.236 -- C:\Programme\Multimedia Programme\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1543 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 251 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: 2.0.1.74 , Win32 Nero Aspi Library, Copyright © 1999-2003 Ahead Software AG / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:10  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 03:24:49 am »

Feature Request :

A nice feature would be if it were possible to copy titles (and directoryies) from a remote library directly to my computer.

That would be a real cool feature, everything else works fine in the remote library server feature.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 04:10:46 am »

When I launch the Media Server on the server machine, I am no longer able to launch the full MC11 program. If I double click on the MC11 icon, hourglass cursor pops up but nothing happens. If I quit the Media Server from the taskbar icon, then try to relaunch MC11, once again nothing happens.

However, it is possible to re-run the Media Server, and it serves files correctly.

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 05:59:14 am »

I mentioned before that Auto Syncing to my handheld was not working since the 36 build.  I tried changing it to "Sync These Playlists" and then it started deleting music I guess to prepare for the syncing.  Occasionally it tells me "File Not Found" when deleting.  Not sure ewhat that is about.

Anyway, why didn't the auto sync library work?  If the library is beyond the size of the player does it do nothing?  If so, can there be an option to fill the player until it is full, reguardless of whether it is all the music or not?

And to respond to another issue
When I launch the Media Server on the server machine, I am no longer able to launch the full MC11 program. If I double click on the MC11 icon, hourglass cursor pops up but nothing happens. If I quit the Media Server from the taskbar icon, then try to relaunch MC11, once again nothing happens

MC 11 does not have a seperate library server anymore as it is a plugin.  Not sure how you would launch the server stand-alone.  If it is service, inticate that it should interact with the desktop.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 06:31:56 am »

During install the message "The Parameter is Incorrect" appears twice.  Seems to occur when the file assocications is being displayed.  During operation of the installed applicationl, it happens again every time I go into Tools\Options at dialog show time and again when I click OK on the options dialog to close it.

For me it didn't happen on install, but when trying to use Options it happens. "The parameter is incorrect" warning window comes up every time when the Options window is opened and when trying to make changes to its settings.

Noticed that the play mode status display no longer displays any data for the fields [Sample Rate] and [Channels].  Hmm, [Bit Depth] is also no displaying anything.

What display do you mean?

The only bug I found is that the library field Bit Depth incorrectly shows a bith depth value for MP3 files. In Action Window > File Type Info the display is correct and doesn't show bit depth values for MP3 and other similar lossy formats. The Bit Depth library field could show "Floating" or "Float" instead.

EDIT

I reverted to 11.0.236. The Options are back in business.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 08:16:18 am »

When several CDs are ripped one after another and the option "Insert another CD / Click here to restart ripping" is used a log file is created only for the last CD.

"Secure" mode and "Auto-create log file in secure ripping mode" are enabled.

Also, the log files are named oddly. MC uses the name of the last track instead of the album name.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 08:32:23 am »

"Camera" and "Print" are missing in  the Action Window. In the previous version "Handheld Player" suddenly dissappeared.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2005, 08:35:08 am »

"Camera" and "Print" are missing in  the Action Window. In the previous version "Handheld Player" suddenly dissappeared.
These change, depending on what media mode you're in.

SteveG

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2005, 09:23:28 am »

bytestar,

The changes for mp3 encoding are in the encoder plugin which did not make it into yesterday's build. It will be in the next build.

John,

The option to skip files of the same file type is not in the current build.  It will be readded soon.

ahbrown41,

I tried changing it to "Sync These Playlists" and then it started deleting music I guess to prepare for the syncing.

It will do this if the option to 'Delete files not in sync' is checked.

Anyway, why didn't the auto sync library work?  If the library is beyond the size of the player does it do nothing?  If so, can there be an option to fill the player until it is full, reguardless of whether it is all the music or not?

Possibly. Did MC warn you that the size was exceeded?  The option you request can be added.  For followup to these issues, please start a thread on the Portables board at ..

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=8

sub-24

• World Citizen
  • It Happens
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2005, 12:34:30 pm »

Still cant convert from lossless to MP3

Always throws the error lame.exe has encountered an error and need to close.

Actually cant convert anything to mp3 at all.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2005, 03:07:53 pm »

same here lame error crash mc11  >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up