INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need smartlist to display only albums that have more than one artist  (Read 1294 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!

I found a smartlist [Media Type]=[Audio] ~limit=-1,1,[Filename (path)] that i can use to display only one song per album in details mode so i can than print my albums list with just one entry for each one, instead of one entry for each song on the album. The problem i see is that my various artist albums will come up with the very first artist on the album as being that albums artist instead of "various artists".

Can someone make me a smartlist to show only albums that contain more than one artist. i don't need it formulated into my other smartlist above, i will just use it on the side to first print out a list of my various artist albums and then will change the artist of my various artists albums by hand after i print out my albums list and import it into excel via my first smartlist that i talked about.

Thanks

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
Re: Need smartlist to display only albums that have more than one artist
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 11:07:38 am »

doesn't look like i was going to get my request anyway, but nevermind. I don't have that many multiple artist albums that i can't spot them out of a list of about 800.

The smartlist i mentioned though is killer for printing purposes, thanks to whoever posted it initially.

TC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Need smartlist to display only albums that have more than one artist
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 12:03:01 pm »

You can change your view to show the Album Artist instead of the Artist. No editing is needed. Here are the instructions: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=28818.msg199419#msg199419.

This will show all tracks from the multiple artists albums:
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Album Type]=[Multiple artists (complete)],[Multiple artists (incomplete)]

This will show only one track from each multiple artist album:
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Album Type]=[Multiple artists (complete)],[Multiple artists (incomplete)] ~limit=-1,1,[Filename (path)]
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up