INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC file count  (Read 3389 times)

JONCAT

MC file count
« on: November 11, 2005, 07:58:51 am »

Between audio, images, docs, and video I think I have no more than 14,000 files.

How come MC anylizes my library at 20,000 files?

Anyone else see this discrepancy or know how to account for it?

JC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

razumik

• World Citizen
Re: MC file count
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 09:10:19 am »

I had a similar problem a few days ago.  Fortunately I use Media Center for music (mp3) only so I was able to search for all files that were not mp3s.  The search turned up a bunch of empty files...not sure where they came from.  I removed the empty files from MC.  When I ran the import again they did not come up again and now my counts match.

You could search for all files that are not on of the file types that you use, just to see what comes up.

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 09:44:44 am »

I removed about the right amount of dead (cda) entries and my database still canalyzes up to 20,000 even though I have 15,000 files.

I have all the cleaning and "exclude" functions enabled. Where else would file types be hiding if there are no dead entries; shouldn't the count match what's in Audio, video, images, and docs?

JC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 09:59:58 am »

There is the deleted files database. Did you make the view schemes or smartlists like marko and I instructed in the links I posted?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 01:58:04 pm »

I tried both ways and still have a 20,000 file count when importing even though MC claims I have 15,000 or so files.

This pic had the wrong expression but shows the file count during import:

Here is the correct DB Delete list:

I did delete over 2000+ cda files but nothing has changed; I deleted them when browsing the ~d=a MAIN database.

JC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 03:20:18 pm »

Does ~db=a show 20000+ files in the whole media library?

I think the expression in your "DB Delete" playlist is not correct yet. It should look like this:

DB:All   Not Playlist: dbe, dbm, dbc, dbp

BTW, in my experience the CD database is not counted when importing. The deleted files database is taken into account because MC has an option for excluding the previously deleted files.

JONCAT

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 06:06:29 pm »

I think its just because I have the delete smartlist selected...when I select the ...dang nope your right (as usual : ) !!!!

thanks man...have a good weekend

JC
Pages: [1]   Go Up