INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Requests for 11.1.x  (Read 1504 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Theater View Requests for 11.1.x
« on: December 11, 2005, 04:59:10 am »

I use Theater View exclusively on my HTPC and although it works really well, and was a deciding factor in my decision to puchase MC, there are a few simple things that for me would add to it's functionality greatly.

1) Currently the options for "Jump on play" for theater view are None, Playing Now or Full Screen, could these be changed to the same as the full user GUI (Tools/Options/General)? This way when I play a video file from Theater View I can have it automatically jump to full screen, but stay in playing now view for audio files.

2) When in the playing now view if playback is paused (or stopped) the green marker indicating the track stays there.  So if somebody (not familiar with MC) comes along and looks at the screen it's  bit confusing and hard for them to tell if the system is actually playing something (and no sound is coming out) or if in fact the music is paused/stopped. 
This gets even more confusing if you have more than one zone ( I have 4) and they are trying to determine if a zone is actually playing or not.

Can I suggest that either the green marker is hidden when playback is stopped/paused. Or even better change the marker to the universal "Paused" symbol if paused on a track and hide the symbol if stopped. This way a quick glance at the screen will tell you is the music is playing, paused or stopped.

3) Is it possible to implement the Tools/Locate/Album functionality into Theater View?

4) Can we have the abliity to delete files from theater view? ( I guess this should be an option that can be enabled/disabled from the options screen as not eveybody is going to want this). I use theater view to watch recorded TV shows, and need an easy way for the family to delete them after viewing the recording that will remove it from the disc and database.

Keep up the great work guys, you have a fantastic product!

Regards
Richard

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View Requests for 11.1.x
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 10:04:07 pm »

Thanks for the ideas Richard.  We're nearing 11.1 release, so we're on hold with new features.

However, remind us once in a while and we'll see what we can do.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 11:05:36 pm »

I was about to post a question on the theatre view and decided to stick it to this thread.
I don't have that much experience with the ThView as I find it practically unusable.. Maybe I am doing something wrong.. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction..
I use MC mostly for music (still think that Zoomplayer is superior to MC for video/dvd).
The main reason I don't use (but I would love to be able to) the ThView is that it's really hard to navigate to whatever I want to listen to.. I have about 3000 albums, close to 1000 artists in the library. As far as I understand, I can only navigate through those lists with up/down arrows, pageup/pagedown buttons or with the mouse wheel..  It's OK when I need to navigate to, say, 10000 Maniacs or ABBA but to get to Yes or ZZ Top it's not that easy... I know, I can group numbers and characters there but it doesn't really help. Still cumbersome.
Actually, the Library View in MC 11.0.316 is very close to what I need but it's hard to operate from a distance (if the thumnails, characters and buttons were larger then it would be OK)
- it has the alphabet shortcuts at the top
- it responds to keystrokes ("zz"" brings me directly to ZZ Top)
Hope I made my point clear..
BTW, I like Meedio frontend very much. It would be nice to have something similar (the looks and the ability to customize) in MC.

Thanks,

max

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 02:48:57 am »

Thanks for the ideas Richard.  We're nearing 11.1 release, so we're on hold with new features.

However, remind us once in a while and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks for the response Matt, I was wondering if anybody was taking any notice.

Any chance of #1, since this is already implemented in the standerd I/F and would make Theater much more user friendly with a small change (and make a great Christmas pressie for me!).

Or can you suggest another way I could somehow get Theater View to jump to Fullscreen for video playback and playing now view for audio? (I'm using girder as well, but can't think of how this can help me with this)

Cheers
Richard

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 07:10:50 am »

It's OK when I need to navigate to, say, 10000 Maniacs or ABBA but to get to Yes or ZZ Top it's not that easy... I know, I can group numbers and characters there but it doesn't really help.
Why won't grouping work for you?  Artists A-C, D-F, G-I, and so on? 

I believe you could also make a grouping of 1, giving you A, B, C, D, etc.

If you have a lot of files, navigation will always take longer.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 11:28:41 am »

Why won't grouping work for you?  Artists A-C, D-F, G-I, and so on? 

I believe you could also make a grouping of 1, giving you A, B, C, D, etc.

If you have a lot of files, navigation will always take longer.

Yes, grouping makes it a bit easier but not quite.. It adds yet another branch into the navigation tree.
Would that be possible to make the keyboard work? Press "a" - go to "a", press "ye" - goes to "Yes"?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 07:48:24 pm »

Hi Matt,

Since 11.1 is still getting new features any chance of slipping in request #1 so when playing back video or images theater view will automatically go into full screen for me?

This would be really helpful for my setup if at all possible.

Thanks
Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up