INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.96 Release Candidate  (Read 10220 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.96 Release Candidate
« on: January 09, 2006, 05:38:51 pm »

This is a pre-release version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111096.exe

11.1.96 (01/09/06)

1. Fixed: Inaccurate bitrate of m4a files was used during importing.
2. Fixed: Podcast feed retry count was not reset after changing the URL.
3. Fixed: Older iPods could cause a crash when being connected to Media Center.
4. Changed: When emailing images from a fullscreen slideshow, MC first exits fullscreen so it doesn't cover the email program.
5. Changed: When emailing from MC with some email clients (Outlook, etc.), MC would remain locked until the email was sent.
6. Fixed: Some calculated fields could be overly slow when dealing with CD database files.
7. Changed: Library views save the last viewed mode per scheme. (but won't save "Albums" when switching to "Artists" and then going into an artist's albums)
8. Fixed: Grouping of year and day fields in view schemes would not work properly.
9. Fixed: Album expansion from a smartlist would not work.
10. Fixed: Mini View was not formatting durations properly in the track list control.
11. Fixed: On a fresh install (or upgrade from MC 10), picking "Rip" without first selecting an encoder would cause an error to appear.
12. Fixed: After installing an input plugin, the file types list on the import dialog wouldn't update until MC was restarted.
13. Changed: MC wouldn't allow the same track to be placed in the burn list multiple times.
14. Fixed: The handheld action bin wouldn't update properly when erasing files from the handheld.
15. Changed: When updating handheld options for sync / manual mode, the action window will update for the current transfer if it's open.
16. Fixed: When pausing a slideshow and then switching images, MC wouldn't maintain the paused state.
17. Fixed: After formatting an iPod from inside of MC, the free space would not get updated.
18. Fixed: Importing of aac (and other DirectShow formats) files ignored sample rate and number of channels.
19. Fixed: Trying to hide a plugin that had not been activated would fail.
20. Fixed: Submitting a CD to YADB with missing genre would fail.

11.1.95 (01/06/06)

1. Fixed: The "Removable" DB field would not show a "1" for removable files.
2. Fixed: The drop menus for library view switching wouldn't appear in the correct location when MC was maximized.
3. Changed: Somewhat revised the library view header bar.
4. Fixed: When ripping a CD not found in YADB, MC asks if you want to rip with unkown info. If you selected 'No', CD was ejected giving no chance to fix tags manually.
5. Fixed: Bitrate of m4a files were not displayed during playback.
6. Fixed: Podcasts were not sorted by name in the tree control.
7. Fixed: The Podcast 'composer' renaming rule was not stored in Podcast.xml.

11.1.94 (01/05/06)

1. Changed: Primary Podcast header now contains an introduction to Podcasting in MC.
2. Changed: Buttons were added to all podcast headers, improving access to functions present in the tree control.
3. Fixed: Number-type fields could display integers without trailing 0's. (could also affect date displays)
4. Changed: All calculated fields operate as expressions. (mostly internal change, but will also help performance in some areas)
5. Optimized: Calculated / expression fields can now get cached by the sorting engine, helping speed when using these fields.
6. Fixed: Escaping a closing parenthesis in an expression would not always work as expected.
7. Fixed: "Customize Current View" for a list below grouping tiles would show "Tiles" as the list mode instead of the correct list mode.
8. Fixed: When ripping CD's, [Track #] field not handled correctly for file naming.
9. Fixed: If auto-rip was enabled and eject-cd was disabled for CD burning, rip would commence as soon as burn was complete.
10. Changed: Library view drop-menus auto pop and hide to reduce the number of clicks necessary to make a switch.
11. Changed: Media Center defaults to a maximized state on a fresh install.
12. Fixed: YADB Lookup cancel was not cancelling quickly.

11.1.93 (01/04/06)

1. NEW: Dropping files directly onto a Media Center shortcut will begin playback.
2. Changed: Command line playback commands support file lists in this form: "c:\1.mp3" "c:\2.mp3" (also supports alternative "c:\1.mp3"|"c:\2.mp3")
3. Changed: Revised anti-repeat logic for remote controls to ignore repeat count and only look at timing for most commands. (volume is different since it often gets held down)
4. Fixed: Dimensions column would show an "x" for audio files.
5. Changed: Revised expression language to return fields formatted for display by default, use [Replay Gain, 0] or Field(Replay Gain, 0) to not format for display.
      Details here: http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/DBExpressions.htm
6. Changed: Updated the DevZone MC command list to the latest.
7. Changed: Replay gain, width, height, etc. no longer show a question mark when empty. (now simply blank)
8. Fixed: Ejecting a handheld from the right-click menu in the tree wouldn't remove it from the MC tree.
9. Fixed: Trying to close MC from a theater view button while media server was running wouldn't work as expected.
10. Fixed: When starting MC with media server running, it wouldn't honor the startup mode switch. (for Theater View, etc.)
11. Changed: When picking "Playlist sync" and then picking no playlists, the options dialog will show an error and not let you continue.
12. Changed: Reduced the tooltip delay duration in file lists and a few other spots.
13. Changed: Tile views now contain files (for play, drag-n-drop, etc.) in the order specified by the sorting of the rest of the view.
14. Fixed: Changes to calculated fields wouldn't take effect until MC was restarted.
15. Fixed: Rotating images or using other thumbnail changing tools could cause a crash. (still)
16. Changed: Added a cancel button to image rotation operations.
17. Fixed: YADB Submission was not working in Windows 98 (possibly ME too).
18. Fixed: Podcasts were not properly cleared and re-initialized when the database was cleared.
19. Changed: Full precision Date Field is now saved in Medial Library for Podcasts. (Previously truncated to year)
20. Changed: Podcasts again display and sort using the regular Date Field. (Previously used DateCreated)
21. Changed: Better subtitle on main Podcast frame.

11.1.92 (01/03/06)

1. Optimized: Improved the speed of calculated template-style fields.
2. Optimized: Improved the startup and tree building time. (especially with large libraries)
3. Changed: TV time-shifting window is increased from 30 minutes to 90 minutes.
4. Fixed: When pressing a navigation letter in a library view and then pressing play, the selected files wouldn't always play.
5. Changed: Somewhat revised library view mode switching. (feedback welcome)

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.1.96 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 05:50:22 pm »

Select the track currently playing in Playing Now and click/choose Delete.  The track is deleted from Playing Now but continues to play (with nothing showing/highlighted in Playing Now).  I don't think this is expected behaviour and MC 11.0 acted differently (like maybe it started playing the next track or stopped playback).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 06:05:54 pm »

Select the track currently playing in Playing Now and click/choose Delete.  The track is deleted from Playing Now but continues to play (with nothing showing/highlighted in Playing Now).  I don't think this is expected behaviour and MC 11.0 acted differently (like maybe it started playing the next track or stopped playback).

You can make an argument either way, but this is by design.  Start a new thread if you have a strong opinion.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 07:15:36 pm »

You can make an argument either way, but this is by design.  Start a new thread if you have a strong opinion.

He does kinda have a point. It's counter-intuitive to have a track continue to play and not be included in a view that's titled "Playing now". I would think that if one deletes a playing track from Playing Now, MC should stop playing the track and go on to the next in the list.

Please split this topic so others may weigh in.
Thanks!

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 07:18:55 pm »

11.1.96 (01/09/06)

7. Changed: Library views save the last viewed mode per scheme. (but won't save "Albums" when switching to "Artists" and then going into an artist's albums)

Confirmed remembering on the top half.  I have an issue on how the bottom works though.  I'm kind of missing the top/bottom thing you had the last few builds.  Here's why considering my top 2 view schemes, 1 being Audio and 1 being DVD....
For Audio, I have small small tiles and show files at bottom checked.
Change to the DVD view scheme.  I have no use for the detail here, so I uncheck show files at bottom and use large tiles.

If I switch back to the Audio viewscheme, I no longer have the detail at the bottom.  I'd like it to remember the show files at bottom setting along with the options at the top.

9. Fixed: Album expansion from a smartlist would not work.
I think you mean the ~a modifier here. If so, it's confirmed fixed and my wife thanks you.  :D

19. Fixed: Trying to hide a plugin that had not been activated would fail.
11.1.95 (01/06/06)

Confirmed fixed.  I can finally hide Tivo Server.

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 07:37:18 pm »

Any chance on you brining back the Top and Bottom option buttons on the new view?
-

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 07:39:25 pm »

There is aproblem with Thumbnail Caption with [Date (year)]

When I list all albums in Thumbnails Album mode view, the caption isn't right for albums which have different tracks with different dates.

An example :

In this screenshot, I focus on a soundtrack album which have tracks from 1994 to 1996.
Its caption shows : 1995,69

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/andromak/images/MC-Screenshot-date-problem.jpg

JONCAT

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 07:42:55 pm »

1. I have some files with (B-sides) after the name...the Search function can't locate and present these. Something to do with the hyphen?

2. When going from tiles to panes, you then can't always toggle between Album Thumbs & Automatic using Toolbar Icons. If you into a Vew Scheme with panes and Album Thumbs are up>go into Tiles (Albums), you'll see thumbs in the "show files at bottom" pane but you can't toggle into Auto.

3. Burned some cd's tonight and get an extended interruption in playback upon eject of the cd (1 time out of 5).

Dr. C

Media Center Registered 11.1.96 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2494 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 513 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive N: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-811S     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 09:45:09 pm »

--
The "list style" buttons still dont do anything unless you physically highlight an album to bring focus to the bottom part of the screen. This is confusing I think.

--
I'm sure that when you used to select an album and then go into panes view, that album would remain selected. I felt that that was very intuitive.

--
Something really needs to be done about the "my computer" area of the tree. I have been trying to drag files around and the tree scrolls too fast, doesnt paint properly, so you end up having no idea where you just moved something to, and seems to be leaving copies of files in the original location even after you told it to move.

--
When clicking on "Tag info" in the toolbar, if the tree is hidden, you have no clue that it has loaded. Perhaps it should open the tree by default.

--
I like the fact that you can choose viewschemes in the main navigation area now. I'm a bit dissapointed to see the "bottom" options gone though. If that menu isnt to come back, then I strongly suggest having the "list style" buttons put into the toolbar by default on a clean install.

With the prospect of being able to use MC without the tree being constantly visible, I also suggest making the "playing now" a defualt icon in the toolbar too, if it isnt already.

--
Perhaps you could include an option to minimze the whole tree, so that the action windows can take up more space.
By extension of that idea, perhaps you could seperate the viewschemes, drives & devices, and services, through colour or seperators, and be able to independantly collapse and expand each. (still giving you control over "my computer"  but making more space by being able to hide the viewschemes.)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 10:54:17 pm »

--
When clicking on "Tag info" in the toolbar, if the tree is hidden, you have no clue that it has loaded. Perhaps it should open the tree by default.

I'd prefer if the tag info window could pop up as a floating window when the tree is hidden and react as it does currently if the tree is visible.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 11:20:18 pm »

--
The "list style" buttons still dont do anything unless you physically highlight an album to bring focus to the bottom part of the screen. This is confusing I think.

--
I'm sure that when you used to select an album and then go into panes view, that album would remain selected. I felt that that was very intuitive.

--
Something really needs to be done about the "my computer" area of the tree. I have been trying to drag files around and the tree scrolls too fast, doesnt paint properly, so you end up having no idea where you just moved something to, and seems to be leaving copies of files in the original location even after you told it to move.

--

--
I like the fact that you can choose viewschemes in the main navigation area now. I'm a bit dissapointed to see the "bottom" options gone though. If that menu isnt to come back, then I strongly suggest having the "list style" buttons put into the toolbar by default on a clean install.

With the prospect of being able to use MC without the tree being constantly visible, I also suggest making the "playing now" a defualt icon in the toolbar too, if it isnt already.

--
Perhaps you could include an option to minimze the whole tree, so that the action windows can take up more space.
By extension of that idea, perhaps you could seperate the viewschemes, drives & devices, and services, through colour or seperators, and be able to independantly collapse and expand each. (still giving you control over "my computer"  but making more space by being able to hide the viewschemes.)

I hope this becomes a seperate thread:

I think the whole left side as is, is perfect when open.  However for those of us who either don't use it often or outright hide it, there are major problems.

I think what is needed is A) split views or B) even better, tabs on that side of MC.  I like the idea of MC opening up the tree view when an action happens in the tree view(no need for a pop up).  I think having tabs on that side would be perfect for those who don't use the tree view/action window much.  The first tab would be the tree view.  The second tab would be playing now, the third could be something we haven't though of yet maybe a chat client or stats view or whatever we want it to be.  ;D

The key is that the tree view/action window is perfect for the new MC users, but highly annoying for the more experienced users who simply want to enjoy playing their music rather than cataloging it.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 11:33:07 pm »

8. Fixed: Grouping of year and day fields in view schemes would not work properly.

I think there's still a problem.  Try this as an advanced view scheme expression:
FormatRange(FormatDate([Date,0],yy),10,2), or FormatRange(Mid([Date],2,4),10,2)

Produces:
All (6)     - 6373 Files
(Others)    - All albums from 2000
0-9         - Not sure how it's different from All, but it only has 6106 files
60-69       - All albums from 1960-1969 as expected
90-99       - All albums from 1990-1999 as expected

Quick question: Which is better to get the 2 digit year, Mid([Date]2,4), or FormatDate([Date,0],yy)?

-John

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 11:50:21 pm »

carried over from .95:

ok, really weird bug here...

when i sync my nomad zen xtra 30 gb, it transfers over all the correct files that i select to be transferred over with the playlists.  however, when i go to play a playlist on my zen, only the files that were converted from a separate format (ie ogg vorbis) to mp3 show up in the playlist.  i'm not sure when this problem cropped up, i haven't synced for more than a few builds.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 11:56:17 pm »

Fun with Advanced Expressions (and a bug):
I created a new calculated library field called Decade with the following expression:
Code: [Select]
Mid([Date],0,2)
If(IsRange(Mid([Date],2,4),00-09),00,)
If(IsRange(Mid([Date],2,4),10-19),10,)
If(IsRange(Mid([Date],2,4),20-29),20,)
If(IsRange(Mid([Date],2,4),30-39),30,)
If(IsRange(Mid([Date],2,4),40-49),40,)
If(IsRange(Mid([Date],2,4),50-59),50,)
If(IsRange(Mid([Date],2,4),60-69),60,)
If(IsRange(Mid([Date],2,4),70-79),70,)
If(IsRange(Mid([Date],2,4),80-89),80,)
If(IsRange(Mid([Date],2,4),90-99),90,)'s
Note: I broke this up into multiple lines only for displaying here

When I try and use this field in a View scheme, here's the results:
All (5)
19's        (Should be 1990's)
1960's
1970's
1980's
2000's

If I just add an Advanced expression to the View Scheme with the same expression above, it works fine.

Of course, only the calculated field works in the new Non-Panes tiled views...

-John

Edited to minimize line length

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 02:48:58 am »

Using 2 split views with the arrow at the bottom of the screen to toggle maximise each one: If you click on the "image" viewscheme using the drop down menu, it loads the viewscheme into view2. (undesired)

Then if you maximise view2 and change it to playing now, you can never maximise view1 . (freaky)

Also, sometimes when clicking on the right hand arrow to maximise, it animates as if it's doing something, but nothing happens.

Finally, I think that those arrows should be a tad bigger, or form a little tab/bar type thing that protrudes out a little, so as to be clearer that there is functionality to be taken advantage of.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 03:01:15 am »

Something seriously broken with FormatDate([last played],elapsed) type expresion because now
it returns a nonsense negative number, for instance a track just played now returns:

-263613:28:24

Please fix!

Mark

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 04:05:15 am »

enabling access control causes offline media to be included in library searches.
create a new smartlist: [removable]=1

the list should be empty. now activate access control and in come the full contents of the CD database.

~a appears to be so powerful, it ignores access control rules and lists the files anyway.

===================

and my support to the "return of the top/bottom views options" campaign.

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 04:29:23 am »

I want that improve  ::)
Go to linux

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 06:50:22 am »

Something seriously broken with FormatDate([last played],elapsed) type expresion because now
it returns a nonsense negative number, for instance a track just played now returns:

-263613:28:24

Please fix!

Mark

[Last Played] is now allready formated, you must use the raw data by [Last Played,0]

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2006, 07:26:20 am »

So how do I replicate the elapsed format of:

4 days
1:34 mins

etc?

[last played,n] formatting does not seem to offer this.

Cheers,

Mark

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2006, 07:36:54 am »

FormatDate([last played,0],elapsed) will work fine

There are allready topics on this :
How to format Date in 11.1?
"Fields are formatted by default now"

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 07:43:43 am »

Thanks that worked.  Missed the post I guess.

Mark

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 10:16:02 am »

Since RC build mode, shouldn't the Help>About screen be correct?

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006, 11:42:49 am »

8. Fixed: Grouping of year and day fields in view schemes would not work properly

Yep!

Too bad it still can not be used in the library view .....  :'(
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2006, 12:55:13 pm »

Bugs:

1. Serious skipping problem. MC is occasionally skipping when changing tracks (all tracks are VBR MP3), also, while MC is playing there is minor skipping (tested by dragging windows around on the screen and scrolling through various windows causing both to skip), when MC is closed all windows, scrolling, etc. move smoothly.

2. Weird highlighting problem. Click link (picture is too large for post) http://www.bgracetfaith.net/misc/highlightbug.jpg
This was achieved by selecting the Foo Fighters as an artist, then selecting all the entries in the list, then returning to the top to scroll through the artists. When I moved the moved the mouse back to the bottom, every spot I moved over the list changed the color to the secondary current selected color.

3. When MC is closed any other way than using the X in the caption or the Exit from the File menu, when it is restarted it starts in windowed mode.

4. Girder's keyboard.dll plugin is causing MC to crash during close. It only happens when a keyboard hotkey has been used that calls the plugin. If the plugin is started and not hotkey is used, MC closes normally with no crash.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2006, 01:16:49 pm »

Bugs:
2. Weird highlighting problem. Click link (picture is too large for post) http://www.bgracetfaith.net/misc/highlightbug.jpg
This was achieved by selecting the Foo Fighters as an artist, then selecting all the entries in the list, then returning to the top to scroll through the artists. When I moved the moved the mouse back to the bottom, every spot I moved over the list changed the color to the secondary current selected color.

I duped this last night, sort of.  I tried clicking on a single track in the bottom view.
It ended up highlighting 5 tracks.  I'd click elsewhere on a non-highlighted track, expecting it to remove the highlighting on the 5 tracks and change to the new single track highlighted.  What it ended up doing mimics a ctrl-click where I ended up with all of them highlighted.
I was doing some other heavy-processing tasks at the same time so I thought it was a fluke and didn't have time to pursue it further.
Mine was solid rows though, not the erratic blocks that your screen shot shows.

stan@showard.net

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2006, 02:57:13 pm »

Assigning cover art to a media type that is defined as "Data" does not add the cover art file to the MC tag info data base.  If you temporarily redefine the media type to audio or video, the entry is made to the tag, but it will not display the thumbnail when the media type is returned to "data" even though the tag continues to show the cover art filename.

JohnT

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2006, 03:52:05 pm »

1. I have some files with (B-sides) after the name...the Search function can't locate and present these. Something to do with the hyphen?
There was a bug in search parsing. Please try the next build, but you'll need to use escape characters "\" in front of the parenthesis, for example "\(b-sides\)". Or, you can just use "b-sides".
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

EpF

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2006, 04:46:46 pm »

There was a bug in search parsing.
Could this bug be responsible for problems getting dates to cooperate with search expressions? (see: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31199.msg214646#msg214646)

vmsawork2

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2006, 07:10:28 am »

? hi everybody! i'm new here and first i want to say that i am a big fan of media center and i think that is the most complete and best music player ever. my problem is with some functions which i don't find anymore in these new versions of media center like:
- some smartlists missing ...

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2006, 08:50:21 am »

? hi everybody! i'm new here and first i want to say that i am a big fan of media center and i think that is the most complete and best music player ever. my problem is with some functions which i don't find anymore in these new versions of media center like:
- some smartlists missing ...

Smartlists are for you to create on your own.
Or, you can rightclick playlists in the tree and select "create stock smartlists".
That'll give you about 25 built-in smartlists to work with.

JohnT

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2006, 10:11:31 am »

carried over from .95:

ok, really weird bug here...

when i sync my nomad zen xtra 30 gb, it transfers over all the correct files that i select to be transferred over with the playlists.  however, when i go to play a playlist on my zen, only the files that were converted from a separate format (ie ogg vorbis) to mp3 show up in the playlist.  i'm not sure when this problem cropped up, i haven't synced for more than a few builds.
I haven't been able to track down a Zen Xtra, but with the Zen Touch that I have, I can't reproduce this problem. Can you give more specifics so I can try to repro it here? Did the playlist exist on the device before the sync?
Do you have the latest firmware on the Zen Xtra (2.10.03, Nov '05)? That's the version I'm using on the Zen Touch.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2006, 10:34:26 am »

Bonjour !

AUDIO ANALYSIS

MC calculates :

Peak Level => OK  :-*
      Replay Gain => OK  :-*

BPM => KO !  :-[ :'( :o :( >:(

Is it a Bug ?

Jean-Marc

JohnT

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2006, 11:19:56 am »

3. When MC is closed any other way than using the X in the caption or the Exit from the File menu, when it is restarted it starts in windowed mode.
Can you explain this in more detail? What steps do you take to reproduce it?
Thanks.

JohnT

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2006, 11:23:30 am »

Bonjour !

AUDIO ANALYSIS

MC calculates :

Peak Level => OK  :-*
      Replay Gain => OK  :-*

BPM => KO !  :-[ :'( :o :( >:(

Is it a Bug ?

Jean-Marc

Can you give more detailed info on this? When I run audio analysis, I'm getting valid BPM numbers. What kinds of values are you getting for BPM?

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2006, 11:33:03 am »

Excusez-moi !  :-*

AUDIO ANALYSIS :

MC11 don't calculate BPM while Ripping :'(

Bon courage

Jean-Marc

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2006, 11:52:56 am »

I haven't been able to track down a Zen Xtra, but with the Zen Touch that I have, I can't reproduce this problem. Can you give more specifics so I can try to repro it here? Did the playlist exist on the device before the sync?
Do you have the latest firmware on the Zen Xtra (2.10.03, Nov '05)? That's the version I'm using on the Zen Touch.

Seeing this post and knowing the playlist problems I'm having with my Dell DJ (posts in Portables forum), I decided to do a test.  I deleted the 4 playlists I sync with my Dell DJ from the my DJ.  Then I used MC to re-sync (add them back).  MC adds them, but on reviews of each playlists' contents on the DJ I see they are all empty now (blank playlists).  I imagine the bug(s) are related.

JohnT

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2006, 01:06:25 pm »

AUDIO ANALYSIS :[/u]
MC11 don't calculate BPM while Ripping :'(
Jean-Marc
I'm getting good BPM results when ripping. Are you getting an empty result or an incorrect result for BPM? If you run analysis after ripping, does MC come up with a good BPM result? Also, which encoder are you using?

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2006, 01:23:27 pm »

AUDIO ANALYSIS :

After ripping, BPM was blank !

I specify that MC can analyze later correctly this files..

Note this bug happens when ripping is canceled and promptly resumed.

(in my way !)

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2006, 02:09:16 pm »

Can we please get more options for the FormatDate() expression, like:

elapseddays   (esp. this one)
  elapsedhours
  elapsedmins
  elapsedsecs
  elapsedmonths
  elapsedyears

?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2006, 03:04:57 pm »

2. When going from tiles to panes, you then can't always toggle between Album Thumbs & Automatic using Toolbar Icons. If you into a Vew Scheme with panes and Album Thumbs are up>go into Tiles (Albums), you'll see thumbs in the "show files at bottom" pane but you can't toggle into Auto.

I can't reproduce this. Is it happening every time? Only some of the time? Any other factors that might influence it?

j

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2006, 04:17:20 pm »

If the option to save images to files is switched on. It will try and save images to Audio CDs it plays and then gives errors as it can't write to the files. I'd have thought that it is an error to even try if the device is known to be read-only, no matter whether the global option is set or not.

For me, I want to save images in those files that I can - however I still want to have image files associated with entries in the library. This is even more relied on with the newer browsing modes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up