INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Real Media Question...  (Read 2660 times)

Chae_Riley

• Recent member
Real Media Question...
« on: January 09, 2006, 09:45:28 pm »

Hi Yah,

Just been playing with the trial version and I'm now looking at buying either JukeBox or MediaCentre but I have one question for you before I buy.

I have over 4500 Real Media audio file and about 500 mp3's. After I import the mp3 folder and the rm folder the software sees the files no probs and plays them in the playlist as expected. Now if I use the playback features like the equaliser, fade in/fade out and auto volume level then these all work great with the mp3 files but the features don't work with the real media files.

Why not ??

Is it because the software doesn't regonise rm files as an internal file...?
Can't see an internal codec/plugin for real media on the web site - is there on kicking around?
Is this option available in the "Full Version" of Jukebox or Mediacenter?

All I want to do is have a playlist for all my audio files and have the tracks fade in and out - all files that includes the real media ones. I've spent two days testing players, mixers, DJ software etc etc and none will allow me to play real media & mp3's together with the mixing, fade in/out functions.

If Media Jukebox or MediaCenter can't do this then anyone know of software that will...and I'm not using the overloaded/bug ridden RealMedia player.

Fingers & toes crossed

Chae

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Re: Real Media Question...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 06:10:28 am »

RM files are seen as external files to MJ/MC, so cross
fading etc are sadly not available.

Your best bet if you want this is to convert the entire collection to
something else.
I had a similar problem to you, I had all mine in Real Audio Lossless collection.
It was about 1000 files, so not as big as your collection.
I used a utility called DBPowerAmp to convert them, which it did so very nicely.
Theres a plugin that will read the RM files.
Be warned however it took me about 4 days with 1000 files, I did it piece at a time
converting them to Monkeys Audio Format (You can choose your output format).
It doesn't require much user input once you've set it going.  I generally left it going
over night.

You may find it quicker however if they aren't lossless in format, My tracks were about 30mb in size each.
The converting plugins are always getting better so they may be faster by now as well.
Plus I've only got a 1700 Athlon.   New puters probably quicker!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 09:50:45 am »

It might be possible with MC11.1.

Check this thread out:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30561.0

I think support for Real Media files could be added.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 06:31:35 pm »

You asked for it, you got it.

In the next build (maybe tomorrow, Media Center 11.1.97 or later), ra files will be played natively.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Chae_Riley

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 02:55:40 am »

Hi Yah,

Mr ChriZ I already have the DBPowerAmp package including DBPower Amp player which sort of does what I want but the player is resource hunger and a bitty buggy. The convertor software works a treat though and used that to create the mp3's from the realmedia files but on a AMD400 with 256Mb Ram it takes for ever an a day to convert the files.

The faster machine I have is used for business and I can't afford for it to be tied up all day converting files :( Will be replacing the machine above later on this year (yahoo)

Yaobing - just checked the download page for MC and it's only at:

NEW -- MEDIA CENTER 11.1 beta is about to be released. DOWNLOAD MC11.1.91 (12.8MB).

Will check again tomorrow - fingers crossed that it's up there so I can have a play before Saturday cause I got a party to go to and I'm supplying the sounds, so would be real nice to have the cross fades and auto volume control.

Fingers & toes still crossed

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 06:16:30 am »

You asked for it, you got it.

In the next build (maybe tomorrow, Media Center 11.1.97 or later), ra files will be played natively.

Can I have a double vegi whopper, Fries, Extra Onion Rings, A Drink, and one of them Kiddy Toys all for 1.99?
Oh hang on thats burger king  :)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 06:52:29 am »

Yaobing - just checked the download page for MC and it's only at:

NEW -- MEDIA CENTER 11.1 beta is about to be released. DOWNLOAD MC11.1.91 (12.8MB).

Will check again tomorrow - fingers crossed that it's up there so I can have a play before Saturday cause I got a party to go to and I'm supplying the sounds, so would be real nice to have the cross fades and auto volume control.

The currently latest build (11.1.96) is here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31212.0

Also 11.1.97 (or later) will be available in the Media Center forum first.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up