INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnail drilling down does not work as it used to?  (Read 2572 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Thumbnail drilling down does not work as it used to?
« on: March 30, 2006, 11:37:14 am »

(Using 11.1.157)

Hi,

In recent builds I've found that drilling down in tiles view with an active search does not work as it used to.

Let's put an example;

1.- I'm in playing now listening to a Frank Sinatra song, right-click on it and select Locate -> Artist.

click here for a larger image

2.- The Audio root view scheme opens and shows me a total of 7 stacks, one with Sinatra albums and the other 6 for the different "Album Artists" where Sinatra has a song. I'd like to see  here the albums I have from "The Rat Pack" so I double-click that stack.

click here for a larger image

3.- Now, It doesn't matter which stack I double-click, the next drill-down is always the whole list of albums where Sinatra has a song instead of the specific albums of the stack clicked, as it used to.

Is this a feature or a bug?

If it's a feature what do I have to do to just see the "Rat Pack" albums in this view?
An additional strange thing is that if I click on the "back button" I'm carried to the Playing Now list filtered to onyl show the Sinatra songs, which it's also new, since it used to reset the search in previous builds.

Thanks for your help.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Thumbnail drilling down does not work as it used to?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 01:56:24 pm »

Search functionality has changed in version 157, for better or worse depending on how you look at it (My view falls in the latter category for what it's worth).  There is a "discussion" of the changes here.

I'm not sure, but I would guess that the "Locate --> Artist" function just runs a search, and that's why you're seeing the odd changes.

I'd post over to that other thread and voice your concerns.

The "Tile View" thumbnail drill down did also change a few builds back, letting you double-click on items to open them (rather than the default action being to play all of those items).  I don't think from your description of the problem that those changes are related to your problem.

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Deivit

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 02:19:16 pm »

Thanks for pointing me out to the other thread, Glynor. It seems that it's the same problem.

Moderators: Could you please merge this thread with the main one on this subject?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32958.msg225702#msg225702

Thank you.

The "Tile View" thumbnail drill down did also change a few builds back, letting you double-click on items to open them (rather than the default action being to play all of those items).  I don't think from your description of the problem that those changes are related to your problem.

I'm aware of those changes and actually celebrated them. Neither do I think that they are related to the problem.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 11:06:30 am »

Only one layer of filtering is allowed.  If you have a search, you can't drill into a tile.  You'll have to pick "Rat Pack" on the albums list.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 11:56:50 am »

How can I find in *one* search all the original albums of a specific artist and not all the albums where he/she as a track on (compilation)?

Sorry, I always ask the same question, but since the last couple of betas I can't manage to do that... and no one offered me a answer to this.

Thanks.

Deivit

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 12:28:13 pm »

Only one layer of filtering is allowed.  If you have a search, you can't drill into a tile.  You'll have to pick "Rat Pack" on the albums list.

... OK, but it used to work that way before the last couple of builds... and it was very useful. I'm gonna miss this functionality. :-\

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 12:54:17 pm »

Ok, I reverted to .154 because after that things went weird with the search engine.

Try to imaging looking for all the original Moby albums when you have tons of downtempo compilations and sountracks in the mix... Works like a charm pre .155

Later.

Deivit

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 07:24:44 am »

Sorry for insisting again, but I can't help but thinking that something is going wrong here.

Could you elaborate this procedure a little bit? So, I'm in my view with the 7 stacks, which represents all the "Album Artists" where I have albums / songs by Sinatra... I can't drill down to the album level of each stack to see the specific albums of that stack neither by double-clicking it nor by selecting "Albums" from the tile. Do I have to leave this view then??

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 04:57:54 pm »

why change something that we are all used to and which works well?

Perhaps if someone can explain the advantages to this change (if any) it may be less upsetting to those of us who feel it has removed functionality

Ill have to bump that, because I just realised that the beta version that I'm using will expire and I will loose this function! That is, if I want to stay up to date with MC.

Pages: [1]   Go Up