INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Devices Supported  (Read 25191 times)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
TV Devices Supported
« on: May 08, 2006, 01:03:31 pm »

hi Yaobing. thanks for getting back so quick before. can you direct me to the latest list of supported tv capture cards (with comments, hopefully). analog and digital would be great. something that may integrate easily and successfully. i would like to face as few problems as necessary. analog, for now, is the primary importance. digital is for future use. please let me know. thanks :-* 8) ;D

Media Center 11 and higher suppport analog TV and ATSC HDTV tuners.  Media Center 12 and higher also support DVB-T tuners.  Media Center 17 supports these additional tuner types: DVB-S, DVB-C (no encrypted channels yet), Clear QAM.  Media Center 18 supports digital cable tuners with CableCARD (copy free channels only).

All devices listed below will work with MC17.  Most will work in MC12 or higher. Most analog and ATSC devices (with very few exceptions) will work in MC11.  The list does not include all devices that will work.  The best way to find out is to try them out.  If you find problems, let us know.

Analog TV tuners and video capture devices:

Any device with WDM drivers should work, with some exceptions. Devices that capture video in MPEG2 format, for example, need to be considered individually. So far we support WinTV PVR series, including PVR USB2. "AVerMedia USB Capture" is another device of this kind.  The newer devices include Hauppauge HD PVR and Colossus.

The following have been specifically tested:

• ATI All-In-Wonder series.
  • ATI TV Wonder, TV Wonder VE, TV Wonder USB.
  • Hauppauge WinTV PCI.
  • Hauppauge WinTV USB.
  • Hauppauge WinTV PVR 350/250/150/USB2.
  • Hauppauge WinTV PVR 500.  (this device does work on Win 7 32 and 64 but you cannot have more than 3G RAM)
  • Hauppauge HD PVR
  • Hauppague Colossus
  • Pinnacle PCTV.
  • AverTV.
  • AverMedia USB Capture (Dell USB TV).
  • KWorld PlusTV HD Stick Hybrid ATSC/NTSC

Digital TV tuners (BDA):

ATSC, clear QAM and DVB-T/T2/S/S2/C devices are supported. All devices that conform to Broadcast Driver Architecture (BDA) should work.

These ATSC devices have been tested by us:

• ATI HDTV Wonder
  • ATI TV Wonder HD 650
  • AVerMedia AVerTV Combo PCI-E
  • Dvico's FusionHDTV series:
    • FusionHDTV 5 USB Gold,
    • FusionHDTV 3,
    • FusionHDTV 2,
    • Other FusionHDTV devices may work too.
  • KWorld PlusTV HD Stick Hybrid ATSC/NTSC
  • Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro USB stick
  • SiliconDust HDHomeRun
  • Hauppauge HVR-2250
  • AverMedia M780 PCIe

Though not specifically tested by us, all other HDTV devices using bda drivers should also work. Here is a partial list of ATSC devices that our users have reported to be working with MC:

• ADS Tech Instant HDTV (ATSC) card
  • Pinnacle PCTV HD PCI
  • ENCORE ENUTV-DAT ATSC Digital TV USB Stick

DVB-T devices are supported since Media Center 12.  DVB-T2, DVB-S/S2, DVB-C/C2 have been added in MC17.  Here are some examples:

• FusionHDTV, BDA Tuner
  • 713x BDA DVBT Tuner
  • DNTV Live! Tiny USB2 BDA
  • SiliconDust HDHomeRun
  • Realtek 2832U
  • BlackGold BGT3600
  • BlackGold BGT3595
  • Hauppauge HVR-4400

If you live in a DVB-T country other than Australia, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Switzerland, you will need to provide your own frequency table before you can use the program.  Go to TV subfolder of [MC installation folder], and open the file "DVB Frequencies.xml". You can see what kind of data is in that file. You can create an entry for your country.  Please post your frequency table on this board, or post a link to a web site where we can find such data, so we can add the table to the file.

CableCARD tuners:

MC18 and up support unencryped channels on digital cable tuners with CableCARD.  Copy-protected channels are not supported.

The following devices are known to work:

• Ceton InfiniTV PCI
  • Ceton InfiniTV USB
  • SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Official List of Supported TV devices
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 09:59:38 am »

We've bought a couple of small USB "HD TV sticks" lately.  They work but not without some problems.  Hopefull, we'll tune them up.

Kworld HD Stick  $80 at MicroCenter
Diamond Xtreme TV HDTV100
Pinnacle PCTV HD stick

They all come with portable antennas.  The Pinnacle's reception seems a lot better.  It seems to work well.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Official List of Supported TV devices
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 04:30:08 pm »

I've had hesitation lately when MC's TV was running in time shifting mode.  It turns out to have been specific to the Kworld PlusTV USB device I was using.

I bought a new Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro stick device at Best Buy today and the hesitation went away.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: TV Devices Supported
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 12:29:57 pm »

Ceton InfiniTV is supported in MC18.
Pages: [1]   Go Up