INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gain and MC-Analysing  (Read 958 times)

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
Gain and MC-Analysing
« on: May 29, 2006, 05:20:21 am »

I'm planning to change the gain of all my mp3s, because one of my mp3-players doesn't use the tags for gain-control and i recognized a big difference in loudness of the files. I do want to change directly the mp3-frames, not the tags. I want to use the tool "mp3gain". Do i have to analyse the files again in MC to have the same gain in MC?

Uwe

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Gain and MC-Analysing
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 01:51:22 pm »

Bump.
I only would like to get a "yes" or "no"
Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 02:27:39 pm »

After changing the files with MP3Gain MC will still use the previously determined replay gain values. You need to reanalyze the files with MC or just not use Replay Gain on playback.

IMHO, the best option would be to use MP3Gain in album mode, so that it would preserve the relative track volumes inside each album and then reanalyze the files with MC. That would keep the album/track gain option in MC usable. That would also make possible to play other file formats in the same playlist without changing the playback replay gain setting.

Reanalyzing is needed because MC has no other means to detect the changed volume. MC does not recognize, change or remove the APE tags that MP3gain makes for its undo information so MC's Replay Gain can be safely used with "MP3Gained" files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 06:02:28 am »

Alex, thanks for theese informations. That's much more than i've estimated. ;)
First i will test mp3gain with some albums and together with MC. After that i will follow your hint and run mp3gain in album mode.

Uwe
Pages: [1]   Go Up