INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAC 4.02b Verify Failure (okay w/ 3.99)  (Read 1765 times)

JONCAT

MAC 4.02b Verify Failure (okay w/ 3.99)
« on: June 19, 2006, 08:03:35 pm »

I thought Matt would want to know this. I'm seeing with both 4.01b2 and it's prior 4.1? release a major failure of the Verify function. With 4.01b2 I see even faster fail rate as MAC just rolls through files pinging back "Invalid Checksum". With 3.99 the files Verify okay, but 3.99 doesn't handle certain characters so I can't load up my entire drive at once to Verify all files. I installed 4.01b2 over its prior release and that one seemed to actual run the Verify function (and fail) whereas this one just blasts through the files with one failing Verify after another.

Dr. C

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MAC 4.02b Verify Failure (okay w/ 3.99)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 06:59:58 am »

The file you posted verifies for me in Quick Mode (MD5 check only) and Full Mode (decodes each frame and checks CRC) using the latest Monkey's Audio.

Could you maybe try on another computer to rule out hardware failures?  Also, could it be specific to W64?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 07:30:15 am »

I guess it is the quick mode.

I didn't even know it existed. I was just about to confirm Dr's finding.

The quick mode mode goes directly from 0% to OK. Because I am used to the slow 'Full Verify' mode also I thought that it was broken.

Dr, it is here: Tools > Options > Processing > Verify > Mode...

Another story is if the files are corrupted. Dr's sample from the Monkey's Audio forum is OK on my PC.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 08:14:58 am »

Wow, this is strange. I can Verify the verify.ape with either Quick or Full Verify but I can't add the folder it came from; I get "Invalid Argument Encounterted".

I can add my entire .ape archive folder but then I get the Quick Verify errors on the same files that Verify if added individually. Full Verify is currently running okay on my 170gb .ape folder but not Quick Verify and has Verified OK the same files the MAC 4.01b2 will not let me add from their root album folder.

AND, if I add files individually I can only use the Full Verify...then those files will Quick Verify if added through the entire folder whereas they wouldn't before. This occurred with the verify.ape and its original; I haven't been able to reproduce this however with the same files. It's strange that the only files that Quick Verify when adding all the files from the verify.ape's folder are the verify.ape & it's orginal.

But I am seeing files that will not Quick Verify but WILL Full Verify when individually added to MAC's gui; tested on Windows XP & Windows x64 - two different computers.

Try this one, I have tested it repeatdely, for me, it fails Quick but OK with Full Verify using MAC 4.01b2:

www.catuccio.net/verify2.ape

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 09:54:37 am »

Can anyone verify my findings with Verify2.ape?

DC

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 05:34:56 pm »

Hmm... I just assumed there was a lot of stuff in MAC4 that wasn't hooked up yet. For instance the "Make APL" tool doesn't seem to do anything.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 08:33:15 pm »

DC,

There was an issue with MAC 3.99 where the MD5 could be incorrect for APE files that were converted from other APE files.  (the tag incorrectly got figured into the MD5)

This in no way effects the audio data of the file.  (as a standard verify proves)

Next build of Monkey's Audio will understand that it can't use a quick-verify for these files. (so you won't see an incorrect "CRC error")

Sorry for any hassle.

(BTW Doof, MakeAPL is now integrated into the main program, so there is no standalone app)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 09:36:35 pm »

Yeah, that's what I meant... it doesn't seem to do anything for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up