INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.116  (Read 6030 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.116
« on: November 17, 2006, 04:51:28 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120116.exe

12.0.116 (11/17/06)

1. Fixed: The TiVo Server was displaying "Unknown Request" error messages.
2. NEW: Many enhancements to how list, tree, options, menu, etc. selections can be drawn. (see Noire skin for an example)
3. Changed: Options tree expand/collapse caret now flips as the tree is expanded and collapsed.
4. NEW: When burning a data disc, new option for creating a UDF file system rather than ISO9660. Strictly for beta testing.
5. NEW: Added support for compilations on iPods.
6. Changed: Re-added support for gapless playback on iPods of mp3 files specifically containing gapless playback information (was removed in 12.0.115).

12.0.115 (11/16/06)

1. Change: Default internal volume for DX video player is increased.
2. Fixed: Panes could draw strangely after resize in some cases.
3. Optimized: Improved view switching times.
4. Changed: When switching focus away from a list, the selection wouldn't properly redraw.
5. Fixed: Some system skinned list controls could flicker when they didn't have a horizontal scrollbar.
6. Change: DX video player and DVD player will not try setting internal volume when the user chooses system volume.
7. Fixed: MP3's not playing on iPods - temporarily removed gapless playback.
8. Fixed: Info box didn't display number of discs required when files in burn queue exceeded capacity for a one disc.

12.0.114 (11/15/06)

1. Fixed: Audible files wouldn't load images.
2. Fixed: Menu transparency could be one-step behind when right-clicking a pane item.
3. Changed: Documents work better over Media Server. (requires a program / editor that supports http://)
4. Changed: Added .log to the list of text filetypes along with .txt and .rtf.
5. Changed: Reworked the "Burning" options page to look more like other options pages. (and have nicer filtering of audio / data options based on burn mode)
6. Fixed: MC better identifies Toshiba Gigabeat S and F models.
7. Fixed: Album art not showing up in Gigabeat S and similar devices.
8. Fixed: Skinning enabled on file browser control under vista.  (Associated crash fixed.)
9. NEW: Scheduled recording handles asx streams.
10. Fixed: Thumbnail generation for videos with relative path image files wouldn't always work.
11. Changed: The "image file" field is honored for data files just like for audio and video files.

12.0.113 (11/14/06)

1. NEW: Internal volume control is available for DX video player and DVD player (may not work for all sound cards, but should work for most).
2. Fixed: MC hang when stopping video player while FF/REWing.
3. Changed: Filter selection is allowed for Windows Media types (transform filters, i.e. decoders only - the source filter will always be WM Asf Reader).
4. Changed: Changing debug logging options doesn't require restart of Media Center.
5. Fixed: Some long or international filenames would not work properly over Library Server.
6. NEW: Revised how menu alpha works so text isn't alphed, background is blurred, and it won't cause issues with VNC, etc.
7. Changed: Reworked how MIME types are handled for Podcasting and sharing plugins. (hopefully transparent, but please report any issues)
8. Fixed: Empty thumbnail list in vista fixed.
9. Fixed: RAW Image cache files could be deleted in certain situations.

12.0.112 (11/13/06)

1. Fixed: Find albums in gallery uploader updates the list with "Title: %s  (Album: %s)"
2. Changed: Removed Media Jukebox 8 library upgrader. (it's best to reimport when coming from MJ 8)
3. Changed: Right-click option on Playlists in the tree "Create Stock Smartlists" will also (re)create Top Hits and Recently Played if they were deleted.
4. Fixed: Page Up / Page Down work more logically in Theater View.
5. Changed: Main navigation tree uses tree-style keyboard navigation. (instead of list-style navigation proposed in build 111)
6. Fixed: Mouse-wheeling over the volume slider with the mouse perfectly still and playback stopped would leave "Volume xx%" stuck in the player area.
7. Fixed: iPod database corruption introduced in build 12.0.111.
8. Changed: Stock smartlists (like Top Hits and Recently Played) work correctly after being renamed or moved. (pick Tree > Right-Click > Playlists > Create Stock Smartlists to recreate missing playlists)
9. Changed: When rotating an image that's playing using the right-click menu or toolbar button, the playback display now updated immediately.
10. Fixed: Command line TreePath=... didn't work properly when firing while MC wasn't running.
11. Fixed: IPTC 'Date Created' Tag gets properly imported (mapped to Date field).
12. Changed: Ctrl+Right Arrow / Ctrl+Left Arrow change playback rate (fast forward/rewind) in DX video player, just as in DVD and TV.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.116
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 05:01:49 pm »

6. Changed: Added support for gapless playback of mp3 files specifically containing gapless playback information.

Is this pertaining to iPods?  MC already had gapless mp3 playback for LAME encoded files.  Are you saying that MC now has some "other" support for gapless mp3 playback, or did you intend to mention iPods for this change?

Thanks,

Larry

PS.  Were there enough changes to iPod support in this build that I should try a full initialize and re-sync again?  It takes several hours, so I don't want to do it unless there is a chance that the issue I reported in the last thread may be fixed (i.e. the problem with initializing requiring an MC restart before the sync would work, and the problem with VBR files not playing on the iPod.)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 05:34:51 pm »

Gridlines are suddenely not showing up in this build.  I tried changing skins and disabling/enabling gridlines, but they still don't show up.

I'm thinking that this has something to do with this issue:

2. NEW: Many enhancements to how list, tree, options, menu, etc. selections can be drawn. (see Noire skin for an example)

I also don't understand what these "enhancements" are.  I'm probably missing something obvious, but at the moment I can't tell what the changes are.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 06:06:04 pm »

BUG:  mp4 files listed as "not supported" for iPod after an initialize (until MC is restarted.)

After an initialization, all of my mp4 files were listed as "file not supported" when I tried to do a sync.  ALL of these files have been transferred to the same iPod with no problem over the past weeks, and they have ALL played back fine on the iPod.  Now MC won't even sync them.

UPDATE:  After closing/restarting MC, the mp4 files are no longer considered "not supported" -- they are listed as "In Queue."  If I do another initialize, they are once again "not supported" for an iPod sync until I once again restart MC.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 06:08:06 pm »

Can't initialize and then sync without restarting MC.

As I reported in the 115 build, if I initialize my iPod, pressing the "sync" button (either one) does not work until I close/re-open MC.  This started with one of the last several builds.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 06:23:59 pm »

There seems to be a link between the mp4 problem (where mp4 files are being listed as "file not supported" by the iPod "Analyze" in MC), and the "Initialization" issue (where the sync won't happen after an initialization until I restart MC.)

I excluded all the mp4 files from my sync, then re-initialized and tried the sync again.  THIS time, the sync started normally.  I cancelled the sync, then re-included the mp4 files for the next sync.  I then ran another initialize and once again tried to start a sync.  As before, the sync would NOT start.

It appears that directly after an initialize, MC is incorrectly identifying the mp4 files as incompatible with the iPod (which is definitely not true) and that the inclusion of these files in a sync causes an error with synching.  Once MC is fully closed and restarted after the initialize, the sync will once again work.

Thanks for looking into this,

UPDATE:  After closing/restarting MC, the mp4 are no longer considered "not supported" by MC.  They are listed as "In Queue," and the sync starts normally.  If I do another initialize, however, it stops working once again until I restart MC.

Larry

giantblah

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 09:46:23 pm »

It appears to me that there is an issue (bug?) with the podcast aggreagator.  I have subscribed to the following feed:

http://revision3.com/diggnation/feed/wmv-large

Which should be the WMV (obviously a windows video file) feed, however media center is downloading it only as an mp3 file.  When I attempt to play the file within media center, it says that "The media types of the selected files are not supported for playback. (<none>)."

After attempting to play several wmv files it said, "Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  Please make sure that the path in your library points to the right location.  Error details:  MPEG plugin does not support MPEG layer 1 files."

This also occurs with the following feeds:
http://rssnewsapps.ziffdavis.com/audioblogs/DLTV.wmv.xml
http://hak5wmv.libsyn.com/rss
http://revision3.com/ctrlaltchicken/feed/wmv-large

Oddly enough this feed works just fine with a .mov file
http://macbreakipod.libsyn.com/rss

Media Center is able to play the wmv files if I download them directly from the site, so I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the files, but the way media center is handling the feed (at least that would be my educated guess).

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 10:55:08 pm »

Is this pertaining to iPods?  MC already had gapless mp3 playback for LAME encoded files.  Are you saying that MC now has some "other" support for gapless mp3 playback, or did you intend to mention iPods for this change?

Thanks,

Larry

PS.  Were there enough changes to iPod support in this build that I should try a full initialize and re-sync again?  It takes several hours, so I don't want to do it unless there is a chance that the issue I reported in the last thread may be fixed (i.e. the problem with initializing requiring an MC restart before the sync would work, and the problem with VBR files not playing on the iPod.)

Same question as Larry.  I just did a full sync based on 12.0.115.  Should I do another one based on this release?  Takes about 5 hours otherwise I wouldn't ask.

Randy

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 01:01:37 am »

1. Fixed: The TiVo Server was displaying "Unknown Request" error messages.

This seems to be working. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
For your info, there is a message in the Tivo plug in area:
Code: [Select]
"Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic"Not sure what it means, but hey I've got my music back! BIG THX Again!
Thanks!

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 01:21:06 am »

Same question as Larry.  I just did a full sync based on 12.0.115.  Should I do another one based on this release?  Takes about 5 hours otherwise I wouldn't ask.

Randy

Randy -- I went ahead and did the new initialize and full sync, and the same problems are still there.  VBR mp3s simply don't play, but other files (CBR, Audible) will.  HOWEVER, on the files that DO play, I cannot change to a new position in the track.  Every time I try, the track starts over.  This includes both using the wheel to change position, AND holding down the FF button.  As soon as the track tries to play at the new position, the track starts over.

I considered going back to an earlier verison of MC to get basic iPod functionality back, but I think it would be more valuable for me to keep using the newer versions in order to help troubleshoot these issues.

Larry

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 08:42:07 am »

5. NEW: Added support for compilations on iPods.

Any chance of support for less fashionable mp3 players?
Would just like Artist to be set as Album Artist when copying across, at the moment I'm using Artist as the Album Artist field and using a seperate field for the song artist, which works great except it screws up lyrics and msn plugins...

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 09:32:15 am »

I like this! One little bug (I hope it's not "by design"  ;) ): There is no mouse hover for selected files.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2006, 09:42:46 am »

I considered going back to an earlier verison of MC to get basic iPod functionality back, but I think it would be more valuable for me to keep using the newer versions in order to help troubleshoot these issues.

I think so as well.  If we are not willing to do that, we could have stayed on MC11.  It will get fixed.

ventilatedslacks

• Junior Woodchuck
  • bouncing off the walls, mr jones is back...
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2006, 10:38:56 am »

I was very excited when I saw this:

5. NEW: Added support for compilations on iPods

but how do you get it to work?? Does the Album Artist (Auto) field need to be set to Various Artists or (Multiple Artists)? Do I have to go into iTunes and tag these as Compilations there and then MC will respect this tag?

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 11:47:26 am »

UPnP Server - Changed???
I was running build 109 with a Denon receiver just fine. (My library is all in WAV format)
I have it set to not convert the audio so it stays in the format I ripped it at.
Went away for a week and when I can back I loaded build 116.
Can still browse to the tracks, however the "*" is missing from the front of the track name and I'm unable to play. I have an old build 106 still loaded on another machine and I can play the same files just fine using that version.

What has changed? I am now unable to play my music without converting to MP3

Thanks

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 11:51:26 am »

Doh! O.K. the Tivo is barely working  :-[ I finished up my post above, and went to my bedroom to go to sleep and enjoy some fine MP3 streaming via my bedroom Tivo. I was able to browse from my Music & Photos, Server Name Audio, Audio, Genre, Artist and Started Playing Kenny G's Breathless album (don't judge me ;) ) It played thru the first song, and when it got to the end the Tivo came back with.
"An unexpected error occurred while accessing the server. Error# 1-6-5"
I tried to browse back and see if I could restart the Album, but no luck. I rebooted the Tivo, and still no luck. I didn't feel like getting back out of bed so I shut off the TV and went to sleep.

Fast forward to this morning, got up and came into the living room, to see if the living room Tivo still had access and it did. I stepped thru the same path structure to see if I could duplicate the same error. When the song started playing the volume at the beginning of the track is real low so I tried fast forwarding to the middle to allow it to play thru to the end where I figured the error had something to do with the tract changing. When i hit the play button to resume playing, it began playing from the beginning again, even through the Tivo status bar showed it playing along 40 secs into the tract. I fast forward again and it again restarted playing from the beginning. I stopped playback, and tried another tract from a different artist and it did the same thing. I exited the Tivo Media section, came over here to the server and stopped the server and reset the Tivo beacon, and try again. This time when I got to Album highlight and hit the play button to play the whole album I got this error from the Tivo.

"An unexpected error occurred while accessing the server. Error# 1-0-65535"
So I backed out again and tried going to a different artist and tried going into the album to play an individual song and got this error.

"An unexpected error occurred while accessing the server. Error# 3-0-65535"
So I sadly closed my HT down and came over here to post this info. I'm going to go work on my truck now. 1993 Chevys are so much easier to understand.

Log Text of events
Thanks!

ventilatedslacks

• Junior Woodchuck
  • bouncing off the walls, mr jones is back...
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2006, 01:32:10 pm »

Josh - See the thread here about recent TiVo server issues: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36899.0

I got the same error as you until I changed the TiVo Server option "Don't convert audio"to "Convert Audio if necessary". Not certain it will solve your issues, but it's worth a shot.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2006, 03:46:12 pm »

iPod synchronization appears to NOT work with 12.0.116.

iPod is 5G using system software 1.2.

When I sync the iPod, none of the tracks will play on the iPod.

I dropped back to 12.0.115. 

When I sync the iPod, all of the tracks can be played. 

The only issue I have with 12.0.115 is that the fast forward/reposition does not work.  It appears to work, but the track just starts again from the beginning.

In case this matters, all of my tracks are CBR MP3 files.

Randy

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2006, 05:56:11 pm »

Just to add some info to the iPod issues, I noticed that Audible files CAN be re-positioned -- it appears to be just the CBR mp3s that cannot (the track just starts at the beginning when repositioning is attempted.)

Here is a brief rundown of the file-types and issues that they cause for me on my iPod:

After a full initialization:

If MP4s are included in the sync, they'll be listed as "Not supported" in the iPod list, and the Sync button will not start the sync.  After re-starting MC, these SAME files will now be listed as "In Queue," and the Sync will start normally.  If the MP4s are excluded from the sync, this does not happen.

After a full sync:

VBR MP3s will not play -- the time counter remains on "0."
CBR MP3s will play, but changing positions in a track makes it start over.
AA files seem to work normally -- they play and can be re-positioned.

Thanks,

Larry

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 11:19:49 am »

Yeah actually ventilatedslacks, (nice name by the way ;)) I forgot to post I did that while reseting the beacon. I am going to try reinstalling fresh and try it again. Thx.
Thanks!

brandstetterh

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2006, 11:58:32 am »

If I want to synchronize my 80gb ipod with 12.0.116 I get the message:

"None of the tracks can be transfered.
Common errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types"

Didn't have this error up until 12.0.115

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2006, 12:05:11 pm »

If I want to synchronize my 80gb ipod with 12.0.116 I get the message:

"None of the tracks can be transfered.
Common errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types"

Didn't have this error up until 12.0.115

You can see the postings above from Larry & myself - I don't think iPod syncs work at all with 12.0.116, and not correctly with 12.0.115.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2006, 12:51:52 pm »

Are PNG files non-taggable? Everything I've read suggests they are, but MC doesn't seem to be writing any tag data to my PNGs

Also, MC is no longer creating thumbnails for Quicktime MOV files. It used to, but that was before I Vista x64. I have Quicktime Alternative installed. It can play them fine, but it won't create thumbnails and it also won't let me do manual screengrabs for them.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2006, 04:11:45 pm »

Mr ChriZ's Little list of little Graphical Issues
:  Using [disc #] in thumbnail text does not work
http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=discgoneuj4.png
(In that view I could use [Name] which works(Which I still believe is wrong), but
the effect is global anyhow, where ever you use [disc #] nothing comes up?)
: There's no hover state for the close button in Frame Windows
: The following causes a button to remain in the mouse down state even tho the mouse button is no longer down in a Frame Window:
  • Click Button
  • Move mouse away from button without releasing click
  • Once away from button release click

The above also occurs with all scrollbars.

:  In Display view when Maximized there is no minimize button.
When in windowed display view there is a minimize button,
surely either it has one or it doesn't?
:When you scroll rapidly using the mouse wheel the scrollbars move up further than they should do  then move back to the correct place.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 03:19:37 am »

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I have seen on two different computers (one newly setup with MC12 from the ground up, the other one has had 11.1 uninstalled first) that activating the DirectX Host DSP plug-in for a zone can make MC seemingly freeze. Nothing happens when I click anywhere, but I can still exit from the system tray icon, and when I start MC again, the DirectX host will be activated for that zone.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 04:32:59 am »

--------
Search input fields
ctrl + a is not working in any of the search\pick files to show boxes.
--------
3D Visualizations
"picture show" 3D vizualisation is not rotating images correctly. They're all being shown 'landscape' style.
--------
aquire from scanner
Using Image > get from scanner launches the scanners' TWAIN software (Epson Scan in my case) if I cancel that scanning job and return to MC, the tag window has broken in the following way:

There is now no right click menu available from the image display. Close the image display. It won't open again.
The tag window allows a field to go into 'edit' mode when it's clicked on, but the enter, escape and tab keys do not work.
Close the tag window, and I find I cannot open it again.
If I then play some images, MC jumps to display view, and there's no mouse, no interface, and no right click menu. Ctrl + 1 got me back to standard view.
Restarting MC is the only way I've found to restore normality.
--------
auto-size columns
auto size columns with allow auto size to cut off long values active is too agressive.
This can be seen best in the track # field, where it's more often than not, not allowing double figures to be displayed.
Also, I've got 1680 pixels of width to play with, but MC still cuts the columns to the bone leaving plenty of empty space to the right of the list pane. It would be nice if MC could make efficient use of all the available real estate.
--------
expression editor
I knocked up an expression using six nested if() statements. Each statement starts a new line, the second last line is what to output if all else fails (Downloaded), and the last line contains the six closing brackets. The pane looks like so:

moving the closing brackets up onto the preceding line fixes the little squares.
please, please, please can we have access to the editor in other places that accept expressions too? Discusion
--------
slideshow playback from library browser
from [album] tiles, during audio playback, select an album tile and then click on the "play" link. The slideshow always begins with the last file in the list.
--------
Split views (2) keep switching focus
When using two split views, launch display view (by double clicking an image?). When returning to standard view, focus has switched to the other view in the split.
This is cropping up in more and more places now....
Intermittantly, the splits will switch focus after clicking OK in MC's options dialogue.
using ctrl+Q, hitting enter, more often than not causes the focus to switch away to the other split.
I've got it so far 100% reproduceable by loading a smartlist in the active split, the smartlist contains a playlist exclusion, and I click that and choose edit with wizard. I add an extra playlist to the exclusion and click OK, and when MC refreshes the list to reflect the change, it also swaps the splits focus. (Discuss?)
--------
'Tag' Action Window
(Panes view, Tagging mode: On) Select an image, open the [people] tag in the AW and tick a person. Keep the file selection and leave the AW as it is, and now tick a different tag in a pane. Notice the previously tagged people in the AW gets cleared.
--------
Camera (aquire)
.avi files are not being aquired from the camera. (Discuss?)
MC is not able to determine how many files it's aquiring, merely stating "image 1 of ??". Elements and, IIRC, windows, are both able to present this information.
--------
photos on an ipod 5G v1.1.2 set to convert to 640 x 480 on transfer
Am I correct in saying that the ipod displays photo albums sorted by file name? I think this is correct because checking a file on the ipod, I see that there is no EXIF information present.
I also see that, for those files that have them, the IPTC [caption] field is preserved and transfered to the ipod, which brings me to my next problem...
Photos that contain a caption are being sorted to the end of the slideshow rather than retain there rightful place in the slideshow order. This is a bug, right?
--------
Wishes
  • Please can we have access to saved sorting presets from "customise current view" in the drop-down 'sort' menu in the view headers
  • hopefully, these tag window tweaks are still on the list.
  • An "Apply" button for the 'Edit/Add View Scheme' dialogue. (Discuss?)
  • Expressions in the 'base path' field of the rename from props tool. (Discuss?)
  • .tif file tag reading at a minimum, writing would be nice too if possible (Discuss?)
  • the ability to set a library field to be used as a caption for images and/or thumbnails when using the 'send to > web/ftp > create html' tool
  • I would like to be able to use a date expression in the aquire images general "path" option, and for the scanner, I'd like to be able to setup some incremental file naming rule
  • when playing both audio and images, the dislay's context menu has "send to... (currently playing track)" would love to see "send to... (currently displayed image)" on there too.
  • Navigational favourites could use a little spit and polish. (Discuss?)
--------

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 04:40:51 am »

burning\reading\working with data DVDs
MC is taking an unacceptable ammount of time to compile a DVD's worth of image files ready for burning, Discussed here.

data burning - set volume name
The volume name field allows more than the maximum allowed characters to be typed in. At burn time, the excess is discarded, leaving an undesirable volume name.

The save/load folder structure appears to be broken.
I had been using a "custom" folder structure made up of dates for my image DVD mentioned above.
I opened the "Burn" AW, went through to the "Drop files here" window and dropped 4.3 gb of audio files and their art files on the target.
The folder structure options were still on 'custom', and the files had been ordered by an assortment of unwanted date related folders.
I clicked on "custom" and then typed "if(isequal([disc #],unknown,8),[Album Artist (auto)]\[album],[Album Artist (auto)]\[album]\Disc [disc #]" into the rule field and clicked OK.
MC then re-arranged just half of the files, leaving the rest in the date folders. No ammount of refreshing or disc ejecting would fix it, so I saved the folder structure to an .mjf file and cleared the burn Q.
I then dragged the the files back into the burn Q, and loaded the saved .mjf file, which caused all but one of the files to removed from the Q, and the one remaining file had been placed on the disc root, not the folder specified. (keep this in mind, it crops up later on)
I cleared the Q, again, and rebuilt it, then clicked on "custom", entered the above string again, and this time, the files were all placed on the disc correctly, so I hit the burn button and the disc appears to have burned correctly. I say "appears" because there is no 'verify' option, and I've not had the time, nor inclination to do a crc check on the files.
Now, before compiling this report, I double checked on some of the things I went through yesterday, without a disc in the drive, and using a single album of flac files.
When I loaded the saved .mjf file, that single file that was mentioned earlier, the one that got left in the Q when everything else got removed, was, for some reason, corrupt .mjf file? added to the burn Q along with the one album I had placed there myself. All rather odd, and frustrating.
---------

I'm not seeing Larry's ipod problems here, quite possibly due to the fact that I'm still running ipod 5G version 1.1.2
both vbr and cbr mp3s play and seek correctly for me after a sync this morning, though I did question why it wanted to sync 122 files, many of which should not as far as I could tell, have needed syncing. I didn't find an answer, and the sync went without a hitch.
My handheld settings are to convert to mp3 if needed, using a single process, and a custom string of "lame.exe -V 5 --vbr-new"

-marko.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 05:44:35 am »

Bug: Import of Mpl playlist with media type = Data broken!

Exported files of media type = Data  (.doc, .xls, .pdf files) from MC12 to a Mpl playlist and wanted to import the Mpl playlist into another library. Although MC12 reports that the playlist is imported, no content shows up in a view scheme "Documents" with Media Type = Data!

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 06:20:34 am »

Video aspect ratio is not being set as per the setting in Options->Direct Show Playback settings when playing a movie from TheaterView's Playing Now.

Starting video playback from anywhere else is ok.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 09:33:03 am »

Playing Now - grab a group of tracks and move them in the playing order, scrolling is not smooth and it is difficult to see where precisely they are being placed. (the scroll-bars move but the file-list does not follow)

When tagging in the filelist pane/details view, the tootip balloon covers the tag field while you are editing, blocking your view of the choices in the pull-down list.

Mouse scrollwheel does not function if another window has had focus, until you click on MC to once again bring it into focus. (I seem to recall that MC11 did not necessitate this and could sense a mouse-over regardless of focus)

Would be wonderful if we could get Windows shell integration of the Convert Format command.

. . . the game is rigged

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2006, 09:33:28 am »

Video aspect ratio is not being set as per the setting in Options->Direct Show Playback settings when playing a movie from TheaterView's Playing Now.

Starting video playback from anywhere else is ok.

It works fine on my computer. Can you provide more details on how it may be reproduced?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

SwellGuy

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2006, 01:11:59 pm »

brandstetterh,

If the tracks you're trying to transfrer are protected aac (iTunes) files you'll have to transfer at least one file with iTunes first to set up the licesnsing on the iPod.

Regards,
Rick

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2006, 02:16:25 pm »

I open a folder in the tree that contains DVD files (*.vob, *.ifo) and right-click selecting
Locate >On Disk (external) and MC tells me "The file does not exist", however when I look in Windows Explorer I can see the files as well as play them in other softwares.
. . . the game is rigged

brandstetterh

• Recent member
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2006, 02:35:20 pm »

swellguy,

most of the files are unprotected mp3 files. do the protected files explain why the sync doesn't work at all (although it worked with 12.0.114)?

aksdb

• Recent member
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2006, 03:41:25 pm »

There is a strange behavior when using multiple displays.
I've set the fullscreen mode to use display #2. I usually work
on display #1 so this is where I have the main window of MC.
Now when I switch to fullscreen mode, it correctly opens it
on display #2 but when I leave fullscreen mode, the main
windows stays in #2 instead of #1. I think this is not the
wanted behavior. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up