INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: uPnP Server funnies.  (Read 1693 times)

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
uPnP Server funnies.
« on: January 25, 2007, 07:22:24 am »

Hi,

I've been playing around a bit with uPnP servers and clients recently and have noticed the MC uPnP server is showing some instability... or at least I think its MC...

...I will admit to being ignorant of settings I should be using, or the support I should be expecting for 'random' uPnP clients connecting to MC's server.

Using Geexbox as a client, MC seemed to be a bit slow on queries (at least 10s per query against a ~25000 file library), which is just live-with-able, but the playback also seemed to randomly stop (mainly video for the purposes of experimentation).

Using TVedia as a client, MC queries seemed somewhat faster, though not lightning (not sure what to expect TBH), however after a short amount of time MC uPnP server seemed to get into an unusable state, to the point where I had to kill the MC process. Attempting to stop the uPnP server normally resulted in this.

C.

PS. TVedia has some really nice HTPC features that I would love to see in MC12... or 13  ;)  check it out (MC12 still rules my world tho :) )

ThoBar

• Was confishy
Re: uPnP Server funnies.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 01:01:40 am »

Fixed:

Step 1: Dont drink and drive
Step 2: RTFM aka RTFW (Wiki)  :-[
Step 3: Dont be a knob, try a few variations in settings before posting...   ::)

Having stated the bleedin' obvious... In my idealistic world of Ivory Towers, the uPnP process should still not be causing MC12 to get stuck when you try to stop it....

Feeling rather humbled....

C.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 05:23:57 am »

I don't think the UPnP server is doing that.  Maybe a TiVo server running?  If so, try a search here for problems with the TiVo software.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 05:56:22 am »

JimH.... no TiVo running here, sorry...

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 10:44:53 am »

More details? Is it easy to reproduce? what options were you using?

Thanks,

j

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 08:19:51 pm »

John,

I haven't had the opportunity to test again for a few days, but I will try to tonight.

C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up