INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resize cover art?  (Read 2590 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Resize cover art?
« on: February 11, 2007, 06:08:59 pm »

Is there a way to resize cover art before syncing it to a portable device?  It would save me a lot of space if it could be resized to a more reasonable 320x320 or so.  Perhaps a simple checkbox in the sync area to resize all cover art to 320x320...or just use the same setting as the image conversion.

1) So, if all images are resized to 640x480, then resize cover art to 640x640.
2) Or if it's set to 320x240, resize cover art to 320x320

This wouldn't add any confusion to the interface and actually makes sense since the images are just that...cover art is images.  Plus, most portable player's are limited to 240x240 or 320x320 or something not much larger so if you resize your photos, you probably aren't throwing out more data than you have to.  You probably chose a setting closer to the native resolution of your device and the cover art should be converted, too.

Also, could you add a few more sizes to the drop down?  Perhaps a 160x120 and a 1024x768 or something around there.

benn600

Re: Resize cover art?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 10:56:35 pm »

I'm worried that this is not a well-requested feature.  Honestly, it seems like it could be quite easy to add.  When MC loads the cover art before sending it to LAME, just call the image resizer code, apply it to that data, and the data can then happily travel to LAME.  Please, oh please!  Thanks for your consideration!

benn600

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 06:36:12 pm »

Well, I resized all my cover art.  Now, when I play music and use the full screen cover art display, it isn't full screen because the resolution is so low!  I was using 1200x1200 before and my resized images are 400x400.

Oh the usefulness of automatic cover art resizing.  This will solve my syncing issue but disrupts my computer "experience."

benn600

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 04:42:32 am »

Then I synced my Sansa and only about 1/10 of the songs even had cover art on it.  So, I thought my free resizer might have made invalid jpg's or something.  So I got another good resizer and it couldn't open some of my original jpg's!  Now I don't know what to do.  Nothing is fixing the issue.

I hope my request gets some exposure.  It seems like a quick fix.

benn600

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 11:53:01 pm »

Honestly now, this request seems like it may be hopeless?  Although I remember discussion over how J River may consider suggestions without responding...I remember that long, detailed thread about the user who was complaining that no one ever responded with Yes, No, or Maybe...they just left it blank.

Perhaps no response is a good sign?  Perhaps J River is working on it?  I can dream...

benn600

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 09:04:42 pm »

Still wondering if my feature request is being considered?  I would really appreciate it!

edladner

• World Citizen
  • The diet worked
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 10:33:55 pm »

This is a small cover art forum, we despise large cover art. lol

Couldn't resist.  However I bet it close to the truth and why you haven't seen a response.

benn600

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 08:03:24 pm »

Syncing my 8 GB Nano with 3,4,5 star songs + 5 star Christmas songs brings me to just over 400 MB free.  It MC resized the cover art on-the-fly, I could keep my incredible quality cover art and gain back around 2 GB of space and therefore could fit another few hundred songs!  This is my top feature request at the moment...I have other requests to quickly fill my top feature request spot if this is added, though.

benn600

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 02:34:01 pm »

If you've read digg, there is a new posting about iTunes offering cover art larger than 1,400x1,400.  That's larger than my cover art!  I store 1200x1200 and couldn't imagine needing more because the dots from the laser printers are already easily visible.

So how do they store the cover art I wonder?  That's going to take a ton of space!

MAYBE itunes auto resizes cover art based on the player--larger for larger resolution screens or larger capacity drives.

PLEASE add cover art resizing.

By the way, this site:
http://digg.com/apple/iTunes_1425x1425_Album_Artwork

Offers users the ability to download this cover art from iTunes at the full quality.  so grab it before it's gone!  I find the search unusable but that may just be me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up