INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bug - auto-import does not import Zip files  (Read 1318 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
bug - auto-import does not import Zip files
« on: February 23, 2007, 12:04:28 pm »

I have a dozen or so Zip files in my library so I know MC is able to manage this file type.

I just observed that running auto-import does not import Zip files. I confirmed that I have all file types selected in the auto-import options.

I am able to manually select and import a Zip file.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: bug - auto-import does not import Zip files
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 05:35:53 am »

This is not a bug, it's a feature request.
I confirmed that I have all file types selected in the auto-import options.
If you have a look through that list, you will notice that .zip files are conspicuous by their absence, and this is why auto-import ignores them.

I just tested this out for you, and if you don't mind hacking the registry, you can make auto import grab zip files...

first close MC then open regedit and navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\Library Specific\{big number unique to your library in here}\Import\Watch Folders
and identify which folders you would like zip files to be picked up from and modify the data for them by adding ,zip to the end of the filetypes string.
Now when you open MC, auto import will fire shortly afterwards and gather zip files from the specified folders.
Works for me, it should do for you too.

-marko.

Sniffy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Honore ton erreur comme une intention cachée
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 06:09:35 am »

Thanks,
work also for .srt subtitle files.
Pascal

rjm

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 10:30:49 pm »

Thank you marko.

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 10:01:21 am »

I have some image files that I will be importing (UFO from PhotoImpact) that aren't in the file types either. It would be really nice to be able to type in that gray box above the file types any additional file types that MC doesn't have in the listbox instead of having to hack the registry.

Even better would be the ability to specify a file type and what type of file it is. From Windows Explorer, I can right-click for example a UFO file to import and it will get imported but as Data and put in Documents. I then have to go change the media type to Image. Just like we can add user defined library fields, it would be nice if we could add user defined file types.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up