INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XBMC and JRiver - Will they ever work together?  (Read 8782 times)

MP101User

• Junior Woodchuck
XBMC and JRiver - Will they ever work together?
« on: March 25, 2007, 03:11:44 pm »

Hi there,

I'm a registered Media Center user and in conjunction with my MP101s it has been a great purchase.

I've now got myself an Xbox running XBox Media Center but unfortunately it seems the UPnP client is not compatible with MC (I searched the forums here and gathered as much).

Is this something that is being looked at, or should I give up hope?

The Xbox is a very reasonably priced client now (since the XBox 360 came out, I can get them for about £30) and it costs nothing to softmod it and install XBMC.

Hoping there's enough XBMC users out to warrant getting my favourite media server to talk to it...

Thanks,

Mark.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: XBMC and JRiver - Will they ever work together?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 09:36:38 am »

I will look at it, as soon as I get a chance...

j

MP101User

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 11:17:43 am »

Brilliant news. Thanks for the quick response.

I will try not to act like a four year old on the back seat and say "Are we there yet?"                          "Are we there yet?"                                       "Are we there yet?"                                            "Are we there yet?" over and over again...  ;)

Thanks again,

Mark.

(Who will now hold his breath until he's sick...)

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 11:33:16 am »

So, how do you softmod your xbox?  Mine has been a paper weight since I decided the controllers were crippling me.

johnnyboy

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 06:27:17 pm »

So, how do you softmod your xbox?  Mine has been a paper weight since I decided the controllers were crippling me.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/   <--- all things X-box.

XBMC is the best media streamer I've seen to date and with the price of the gen 1 X-Box's is definitely what I'd recommend to everyone to use.
I further mod'd mine with a 320Gb HD and it works great to give me some NAS for all my tv shows etc so they're instantly accessible to the X-Box.

MP101User

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 12:52:47 pm »

Yep, the Xbox is definitely a fantastic option for media player.

I really only have two problems with it, both solveable:

- It's noisy (you can add smarter/quieter cooling - or see solution 2, below)
 - It's pug ugly (you need to stick it in a cupboard, as it's a fat brute).

Mark.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 08:36:42 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alerKQ7a2QE

[Demo of an Xbox with XBMC]
MT5FR

crutonius

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 09:15:13 pm »

Yeah, I'd love to see this happen.  XMBC is the greatest thing ever to happen in the history of mankind. 

Okay that's an exaggeration.  But not really.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 04:58:49 pm »

Yeah, I'd love to see this happen.  XMBC is the greatest thing ever to happen in the history of mankind. 

Okay that's an exaggeration.  But not really.

Me too. I just bought one!  :D

Michel.

eckwell

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 12:31:36 pm »

I use my XMBC with MC12 with little problem, just had to fiddle with the options.  Although it locks up frequently requiring a restart and I am still trying to figure out why.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 09:09:37 am »

I'm happy to report that I installed XBMC on an Xbox I bought on Friday and it works very nicely with MC 12. I first tried with Windows Media Player (never use the thing but the XBMC docs described how to do it with uPNP), so I tried that first. It was horrible! Took sometimes over a minute to change folders.

Then I tried MC, set up the uPNP server, changed the Receiver options to "advanced" and left every option to default.

Worked right away, after re-starting the Xbox. And it's very fast. Many times faster than WMP 11's uPNP. I since disabled WMP's uPNP.

Now my only problem with XBMC is that is does not seem to want to stream my lossless WMA tunes. But conversion to MP3 in the MC uPNP server works very well for now until I figure out why the WMA lossless don't play natively.

All in all, I'm VERY happy! Best $100 (CDN) I ever spent!

Michel. 

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 04:41:57 pm »

Looks like I may have been a tad too enthousiastic (sp?).

Everything works great except for the fact that the last 10-15 secs of songs don't get played...

Could it be in the conversion process in the UPnP Server?

M.

MP101User

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 11:02:09 am »

I'd assumed - from looking at other posts on the boards here - that MC and XBMC wouldn't play together. Looks like others have got it working, so I've done a bit more playing.

After playing with the firewall a bit and altering the MC server options, I seem to have something that works. WMA lossless are playing ok for me.

Browsing the structure is a bit slow on XBMC. Looks like there's an option to sync the databases, but I can't figure that out yet.

Looks very very promising. Sorry for assuming the worst...

Mark.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 12:13:18 pm »

I'd assumed - from looking at other posts on the boards here - that MC and XBMC wouldn't play together. Looks like others have got it working, so I've done a bit more playing.

After playing with the firewall a bit and altering the MC server options, I seem to have something that works. WMA lossless are playing ok for me.

Browsing the structure is a bit slow on XBMC. Looks like there's an option to sync the databases, but I can't figure that out yet.

Looks very very promising. Sorry for assuming the worst...

Mark.

I think you are confusing XBMC with the XBox 360 discussions.  Windows Media Center, WMP11, Windows Media Connect, and other free products like TVersity can stream content directly to the XBox 360 (no hacks involved on the 360).  Currently MC12 can not.

MP101User

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 04:58:08 pm »

Can confirm that I have MC talking nicely to XBMC now. Serves mp3 and lossless WMA ok.

I am getting the problem where the last 15 seconds of every track are not played (see a couple of messages up on this thread).

I had to check the "Omit Host Portion Of URL" to get things working - without it I couldn't seem to see the server.

At the moment I'm not seeing any thumbnails in XBMC. Apart from this, photos, videos and movies are working well...

M.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 09:02:42 am »

John,

i'm very thankful for XBMC finally works with MC  :D

...streaming music works like a charm...but european letters shows up like "?" ...i dont know if it is the xbmc or mc
that are the "thief"

pictures don't work, i can get thumbnails, but showing the actual picture i'm getting "error reading the picture"

videos work  :) but subtitles don't (srt) but that maybe some issue with upnp

thanks John

regards
MT5FR

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 09:26:20 am »

There's an option on the configuration page to disable international characters, make sure it is unchecked...

j

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 09:29:00 am »

There's an option on the configuration page to disable international characters, make sure it is unchecked...

I had the same problem with my picture which included French characters. Did as John says and it solved the problem.

Michel.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 10:33:40 am »

Sorry, in a rush when I wrote that. To be more explicit, the option is called "Filter International Characters" and it should
be unselected. You can read about it in our wiki:

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/UPnP_Server_and_Devices_%28Media_Receivers%29#UPnP_and_International_Characters

I'm glad that XBMC is working...

j

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 10:35:13 am »

thanks "my characters" now works  :)

...still pictures gets "error loading image"

..but the most important thing was that music works, so you john are definitely the best
present in my easter egg  :D

MT5FR

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 11:54:39 pm »

Why don't you just use the direct NAS access option?  This works great...but you don't get playlists or such, but it is still a great option.  Since I have everything very neatly organized, it is fast and efficient to find things.

I am going to check into buying a ready to go XBMC on eBay.  I have one now and love it.  I bought the DSM-320 and hate it.  So, I'm gonna see if I could get a second.  The only drawback I see is that you can't turn it on with the remote.  You can turn it off, however, and that's great.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 12:01:28 am »

Being able to use your MC playlists and smartlists is the best reason to use the UPnP interface. I have many, many playlists, and being able to play them in my office, my living room,. kitchen (etc....) with XBMC or my iPod is one the best reasons for me to use Media Center.....

benn600

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 10:00:44 am »

Now that you offer up that reasoning, I would be interested in this as well.  I don't use my Xbox too much for music, though, because I have FOUR MP101 music players (and I obviously get my playlists there).  I mainly use my Xbox for streaming my DVDs from my server and that works fine.

Speaking of that, I think there may still be some issues with playing DVDs back, such as when streaming over library server (if on a high speed network, obviously).  Last time I checked, it would give errors saying it couldn't find a file...it had a .dvd extension.  So MC must be using an internal extension to specify the contents are an entire DVD and then it mistakenly actually looks for that file.

How can you get Xbox MC to connect to a UPnP server?  Where is the option?

Also, my Xbox was setup 1-3 years ago.  Do they release new software ever with more features and how hard is upgrading?  Anyone know of a good source for XBMC's cheaply?  I saw some on Ebay but they were around $100!  The one I have now was purchased for $15 (with remote) from a friend...lol.  Great Deal!

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 05:09:58 pm »

benn, you need a chip in the box to get something out of it... :)
MT5FR

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 05:12:30 pm »

benn, you need a chip in the box to get something out of it... :)

You also soft-mod the Xbox. This way you don't need to open the console to change the chip. That's what I did with mine.

See: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=215055

Michel.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 05:16:49 pm »

You also soft-mod the Xbox. This way you don't need to open the console to change the chip. That's what I did with mine.
Michel.

...interesting  :) i bought my modded one 4 years ago...so i only upgrade   ;)
MT5FR

benn600

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 11:57:26 am »

Right, but I've seen the process and it looks VERY complex.  Don't you need a game and memory card?  How about someone go buy one, get it all ready and running XBMC flawlessly, and I'll pay $60 for it, right here, right now?  That's 4 times what my first one cost!  Dang good deal if you ask me.

This is just one of those things that I don't want to touch.  I could probably handle it but it's just that one thing I feel better not dealing with.

SteveC

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 11:20:34 am »

Now, further requests!  Can I get at schemes over the uPnP interface or just files and playlists?  I've got handy surfing schemes (artist[grouped]/artist/album) that I'd like to have access to.

Also - images - they don't appear to download - thumbs come over fine, but not the actual files.

This is all the latest install of xbmc - incidentally, if you want to add it to the autodetect, it's UA is Platinum/0.3.6 at the moment.

Oops - just crashed, no report as to why in the MC uPnP server log page.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2007, 11:44:37 am »

Now, further requests!  Can I get at schemes over the uPnP interface or just files and playlists?  I've got handy surfing schemes (artist[grouped]/artist/album) that I'd like to have access to.

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/UPnP_Server#To_View_your_Schemes

Also - images - they don't appear to download - thumbs come over fine, but not the actual files.
Any one else able to play images?

This is all the latest install of xbmc - incidentally, if you want to add it to the autodetect, it's UA is Platinum/0.3.6 at the moment.
Can you give me the copy-n-paste from the log? And the exact set of options needed.

Oops - just crashed, no report as to why in the MC uPnP server log page.
What crashed? MC? The XBox?

j

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2007, 11:48:11 am »

Any one else able to play images?

My images work perfectly. I'm using a November 2006 version of XBMC. Been meaning to upgrade, but I haven't had the time...

M.

MP101User

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2007, 11:30:46 am »

pictures don't work, i can get thumbnails, but showing the actual picture i'm getting "error reading the picture"

Weird. Connecting via uPnP, I can see images fine on XBMC. All my photos are jpg format, I think.
However, I don't get any thumbs on my music at all. I've gone back to using shared folders rather than MC for now (still use MC for my MP101 though).

Mark.

benn600

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2007, 07:49:13 pm »

How often do they release new XBMC versions?  Mine is probably from 2005 or earlier.  How do you upgrade?  I don't want to take any risks losing my XBMC because it works pretty much perfectly at the moment.  What new features have they added?

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2007, 09:48:16 pm »

How often do they release new XBMC versions?  Mine is probably from 2005 or earlier.  How do you upgrade?  I don't want to take any risks losing my XBMC because it works pretty much perfectly at the moment.  What new features have they added?

The last release was around November 2006. But they have new versions almost every day. You should check out the site on source forge.

M.

SteveC

• Recent member
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2007, 12:07:08 pm »

Can you give me the copy-n-paste from the log? And the exact set of options needed.

I'll have a look later - do you  mean the logs printed in the upnp screen?  They were pretty slim pickings, but I'll pull them together later anyway.

What crashed? MC? The XBox?

The XBox.  So possibly out of your hands.  I have no idea how advanced the XBMC uPnP client is.

--NEW--

Well, done some logging, and it's bugger all use on the Mediacenter side, just file requests.  Doubt it's of any interest, but quoted here if it's any other use.  I get a lot of audio chopping, (though now I have access to the schemes!), and images don't come up at all...

04/22/07 18:09:52 - JRiver UPnP Server Version 1.0.45 starting...
04/22/07 18:09:53 - UPnP Media Server Device started on port 2869
04/22/07 18:09:53 - Running
04/22/07 19:52:26 - Received request for device description
04/22/07 19:52:26 - Received request for service description
04/22/07 19:52:26 - Received request for service description
04/22/07 19:52:27 - Received GENA message
04/22/07 19:52:27 - GENA Subscribe message
04/22/07 19:52:27 - Received GENA message
04/22/07 19:52:27 - GENA Subscribe message
04/22/07 19:52:56 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 0()
04/22/07 19:52:58 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 1()
04/22/07 19:53:58 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 5(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name)
04/22/07 19:54:02 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 80(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\A-C)
04/22/07 19:54:16 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 85(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\P-R)
04/22/07 19:54:24 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 161(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\P-R\Red Hot Chili Peppers)
04/22/07 19:54:28 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 169(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\P-R\Red Hot Chili Peppers\Californication)
04/22/07 19:54:30 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 176(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\P-R\Red Hot Chili Peppers\Californication\Around The World)
04/22/07 20:53:41 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 179(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\P-R\Red Hot Chili Peppers\Californication\Emit Remmus)
04/22/07 20:54:36 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 2(Images)
04/22/07 20:54:39 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 196(Images\All (7))
04/22/07 20:54:41 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 191(Images\Calendar)
04/22/07 20:54:43 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 230(Images\Calendar\1919)
04/22/07 20:54:45 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 231(Images\Calendar\1999)
04/22/07 20:54:47 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 232(Images\Calendar\2000)
04/22/07 20:54:47 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 239(Images\Calendar\2007)
04/22/07 20:54:49 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 248(Images\Calendar\2007\All (4))
04/22/07 20:54:52 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 252(Images\Calendar\2007\April)
04/22/07 20:54:54 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 250(Images\Calendar\2007\February)
04/22/07 20:54:58 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 251(Images\Calendar\2007\March)
04/22/07 20:55:07 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 279(Images\Calendar\2007\April\5)
04/22/07 20:55:12 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 283(Images\Calendar\2007\April\10)
04/22/07 20:58:28 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 280(Images\Calendar\2007\April\6)
04/22/07 20:58:34 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 282(Images\Calendar\2007\April\8)
04/22/07 21:01:27 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 86(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U)
04/22/07 21:01:29 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 315(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins)
04/22/07 21:01:31 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 396(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy)
04/22/07 21:01:33 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 397(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy\All (12))
04/22/07 21:01:33 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 398(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy\Call The Plumber)
04/22/07 21:01:33 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 399(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy\I Am The Queen)
04/22/07 21:01:33 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 400(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy\I Believe)
04/22/07 21:01:33 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 401(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy\I Don't Know)
04/22/07 21:01:33 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 402(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy\I Wanna Know)
04/22/07 21:01:34 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 403(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy\Last Saturday Night)
04/22/07 21:01:34 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 404(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy\Late Night Hawkins)
04/22/07 21:01:34 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 405(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy\On The Job)
04/22/07 21:01:34 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 406(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy\Sherilyn Fenn)
04/22/07 21:01:34 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 407(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy\Stone Crazy)
04/22/07 21:01:34 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 408(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy\Strange)
04/22/07 21:01:34 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 409(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Screamin' Jay Hawkins\Stone Crazy\Who's Been Talking)
04/22/07 21:02:42 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 317(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Sigue Sigue Sputnik)
04/22/07 21:03:37 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 317(Audio\Artist/Artist/Album/Name\S-U\Sigue Sigue Sputnik)
04/22/07 21:06:52 - GET request of /DeviceDescription.xml
04/22/07 21:06:52 - Received request for device description
04/22/07 21:06:52 - GET request of /ContentDirectory/scpd.xml
04/22/07 21:06:53 - Received request for service description
04/22/07 21:06:53 - GET request of /ConnectionManager/scpd.xml
04/22/07 21:06:53 - Received request for service description
04/22/07 21:06:53 - Received GENA message
04/22/07 21:06:53 - GENA Subscribe message
04/22/07 21:06:53 - Received GENA message
04/22/07 21:06:53 - GENA Subscribe message
04/22/07 22:10:11 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 0()
04/22/07 22:10:14 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 3(Video)
04/22/07 22:10:17 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 413(Video\File Type/Genre/Name)
04/22/07 22:10:23 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 414(Video\Genre/Album/Year)
04/22/07 22:10:24 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 415(Video\Unassigned)
04/22/07 22:10:28 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 423(Video\Unassigned\1978)
04/22/07 22:10:29 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 430(Video\Unassigned\1978\?)
04/22/07 22:10:37 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 429(Video\Unassigned\2007)
04/22/07 22:10:39 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 431(Video\Unassigned\2007\?)

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 01:31:26 pm »

Well, done some logging, and it's bugger all use on the Mediacenter side, just file requests.  Doubt it's of any interest, but quoted here if it's any other use.  I get a lot of audio chopping, (though now I have access to the schemes!), and images don't come up at all...

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I need the logs with autodetect turned on. That'll give me the information I need for knowing it's an Xbox on the other side.

j

SteveC

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 01:44:36 am »

Ahh, OK.  in that case I have two logs for you...

1/ The autodetect logs from MC12, massively trimmed to fit within 8000 characters.  However, in this log, nothing's working...  Turn it to Advanced, and it works better (though obviously with problems as noted above!)

04/25/07 07:41:35 - JRiver UPnP Server Version 1.0.45 starting...
04/25/07 07:41:36 - UPnP Media Server Device started on port 2869
04/25/07 07:41:36 - Running
04/25/07 07:41:37 - Cannot autodetect device, User-Agent: Platinum/0.3.6
04/25/07 07:41:37 - GET request of /DeviceDescription.xml
04/25/07 07:41:37 - Received request for device description
04/25/07 07:41:38 - GET request of /http://192.168.168.1:2869/ContentDirectory/scpd.xml
04/25/07 07:41:38 - Handling MediaServerDevice request: /http://192.168.168.1:2869/ContentDirectory/scpd.xml

2/ an extract of the log on xbmc that occurs when images fail to copy.  the feeling on this is that odd URLs are being passed to XMBC and that MC12 isn't sending any data (it's not really running out of memory!):

09:11:36 M: 40411136 INFO: XCURL:llLibCurlGlobal::easy_aquire - Created session to http://4B7260ED-AC02-41C7-9B07-6B7572C6B12D
09:11:36 M: 39878656 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 271 pressed, action is 4
09:11:37 M: 39854080 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 256 pressed, action is 7
09:11:40 M: 39870464 ERROR: DNS lookup for 4B7260ED-AC02-41C7-9B07-6B7572C6B12D failed: 11001
09:11:40 M: 40394752 DEBUG: Curl:: Debug Could not resolve host: out of memory
09:11:40 M: 40394752 DEBUG: Curl:: Debug Closing connection #0
09:11:40 M: 40411136 DEBUG: Curl:: Debug out of memory
09:11:40 M: 40411136 DEBUG: FileCurl::Close(00B96310) http://4B7260ED-AC02-41C7-9B07-6B7572C6B12D/folder.jpg
09:11:40 M: 41066496 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (upnp://4B7260ED-AC02-41C7-9B07-6B7572C6B12D/)

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 09:22:46 am »

For the image problem, make a sniff as described here and send it to me (gateley @ jriver.com)

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Sharing_Plug-in_Debugging_Hints

I need the sniff from right after the XBMC connects to Media Center UPnP Server through trying to share an image.

j

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2007, 08:05:47 am »

Hiya,
I'm trying to get XBMC to connect to MC 12, but without much success ATM. I've set the user agent to advanced & left all settings at default, and this is about as far as I can get. Looking for UPNP servers in XBMC gives me a string of numbers & letters, which I presume is MC12 but I appear to be unable to connect to it. XBMC doesn't get any file listings or anything else, & simply setting the base UPNP server as a network source causes it to complain about disconnected network connections. This is the relevant bit of the log, it seems that its not even requesting anything?-
06/25/07 13:39:35 - JRiver UPnP Server Version 1.0.47 starting...
06/25/07 13:39:36 - UPnP Media Server Device started on port 2869
06/25/07 13:39:36 - Running
06/25/07 13:46:12 - GET request of /DeviceDescription.xml
06/25/07 13:46:12 - Received request for device description
06/25/07 13:49:14 - GET request of /DeviceDescription.xml
06/25/07 13:49:14 - Received request for device description
06/25/07 13:49:14 - GET request of /ContentDirectory_scpd.xml
06/25/07 13:49:14 - GET request of /ConnectionManager_scpd.xml
06/25/07 13:49:14 - Received request for service description
06/25/07 13:49:14 - Received request for service description
06/25/07 13:49:15 - Received GENA message
06/25/07 13:49:15 - GENA Subscribe message
06/25/07 13:49:15 - Received GENA message
06/25/07 13:49:15 - GENA Subscribe message

It must be something simple I've missed, but I've got no idea what.

Edit: My library size isn't going to be affecting it is it? 130k odd files, can create a new library for testing purposes if necessary. Would have thought there'd be more activity in the log though.

-Leezer-
Pages: [1]   Go Up